PVP Adjustment

Options
I personally think that the x3 attempts to beat someone is just excessive and frankly unneeded
When you have the x3 attemps it lends to a "always win on offensive" type of game.
So anyhow I suppose the other option would be to have the defensive team healed to full for each attempt otherwise it's just a trival matter overall to "win" vs just about any team.

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    I'm in favor of just making it a straight 1 chance to win. Attackers will still win nearly all the time (ask any high level player how often it takes them two tries to beat someone), but people might skip a little bit more often, which is good.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The point value of winning drops so much on your second try that I doubt it's worth it. If the player retaliates and beats you (and if the AI can beat you with their team, they've probably got a good shot), the point loss against diminished points for your win probably wipes out the value.

I'm beginning to think that playing a second attempt is never worth it, unless you're running down the clock and need just a few more points.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    The point value of winning drops so much on your second try that I doubt it's worth it. If the player retaliates and beats you (and if the AI can beat you with their team, they've probably got a good shot), the point loss against diminished points for your win probably wipes out the value.

I'm beginning to think that playing a second attempt is never worth it, unless you're running down the clock and need just a few more points.

I agree that if the computer can beat you, the human almost certainly can. That said, if the point difference between the two of you is big enough, winning after 2 rounds is still worth it, especially if they come back and hit you again. That allows you to hit them back for a full value retaliation.