*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    One thing, when I started playing this game, I had actually heard of Squirrel Girl. I can't say the same for The Hood, Ragnarok, or Daken.

Same here. But that could be because almost all of my comic book reading was done during the 90's.

Personally, I'm ok with her being introduced. The only issue I have is with roster slots vs. introduction rate, which would be an issue regardless of who the new character was.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    One thing, when I started playing this game, I had actually heard of Squirrel Girl. I can't say the same for The Hood, Ragnarok, or Daken.

The opposite is true for me. I'd never heard of her until someone mentioned her here.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Thanks to this terrible reward I may actually place well. Too bad it's a **** reward though. Maybe she has a decent ability, dunno though, cage was too good, they needed to take steps back I guess.
  • Totally stoked to see her as a character. I know a few in my alliance are as well. I was hoping D3 would launch her as a tie-in to the release of her stand alone comic.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I like her. She's a fun change from the serious side of comic book super heroes.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    TBH, i'm baffled that people think she should be anything less than a 5* character considering her feats. i'm equally perplexed by the devs decision to make her a 3* (unless her 3* level = Pre-nerf Sentry) Lordy knows us 3* players need someone to compete against XForce/4hor.....yeah a boy can dream lol

mTB9V.jpg

you sound like a fan, and that's cool if you are.

But the Thanos fight is widely known as a paraody, joke, side note, or possibly it was a Thanos clone, ect ect. couple sample discussions below

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/question ... eat-thanos
    http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-dis ... ke-694519/
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/arch ... onned.html

the deal is she is "unbeatable" and a joke type charecter.

The Marvel universe is known for wacky offshoots all the time, and some wacky and zainy storyline. Personally I would take her beating Thanos with a grain of salt and a chuckle as I believe it was originally intended. Perhaps I'm wrong, which is fine, but I think the Thanos move is a gaff and a good marketing tie-in. This would also be post infinity gauntlet Thanos I assume.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm wondering if Sentry could pass the torch to Squirrel Girl. He could create massive strike tiles which SG's mini World Rupture could abuse. Right now I would lean 3/5/5 since that seems to be the most offensive build, but will be curious when they release a bit more on her.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    R&G might be an option too for Squirrel bombing
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Too slow, you would have to build up the blue, then wait 2 turns for the strike tiles to come about, where Sentry would be instant
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    turul wrote:

Too slow, you would have to build up the blue, then wait 2 turns for the strike tiles to come about, where Sentry would be instant

If you're gonna tack on yellow strike tiles to go with the Squirrel, why use Sentry when you can use Panther?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    turul wrote:

If you're gonna tack on yellow strike tiles to go with the Squirrel, why use Sentry when you can use Panther?

Well, just to play devil's advocate, BP is vaulted. For anyone still building him, he could be nerfed by the time he comes back and time extended to when one covers SQ to playability.

Sentry covers will probably be a lot easier to get, now that people hate him.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kriegerbot wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    turul wrote:

Well, just to play devil's advocate, BP is vaulted. For anyone still building him, he could be nerfed by the time he comes back and time extended to when one covers SQ to playability.

In PVE she will go great with Psylock or Gamora. Use Gamora for Black and red and SG for Green and purple. Blade and Daken combo with quantity of quality of strike tiles as well.
  • Kriegerbot wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    turul wrote:

I don't follow. You think someone actually goes back and tweak the chance of cover drops?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kriegerbot wrote:

Obviously if you have one and not the other, you use the one you have. That's not really an answer to why if you have the option to use both, you would use Sentry over Panther for yellow strike tiles.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Really?

Of all of the possible additions, I don't know what to say to this.

I was thinking the same thing wow
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    I don't follow. You think someone actually goes back and tweak the chance of cover drops?

I think they're implying that there will be less competition for his covers because he is now unpopular.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see what the big deal is. We already have Bagman and Devil Dino. It shows the devs have a sense of humor, which is an important part of the Marvel universe. It might be because we're playing a competitive game, but I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned with only power, and who beats who.
  • scottee wrote:
    I don't see what the big deal is. We already have Bagman and Devil Dino. It shows the devs have a sense of humor, which is an important part of the Marvel universe. It might be because we're playing a competitive game, but I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned with only power, and who beats who.

hey are worried that SG will defeat x-thorvarine Fury. icon_lol.gif
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    For all the people who wanted her weeks ago, I bet they are super disappointed with the art, possibly powers, star rating etc. Is this really what you envisioned?
  • The preview article shows yellow creates 4 tiles at level 5 and green, at a level higher than what we currently know, will drain a random color of YOUR AP to 0, dealing damage per AP drained.