Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

18910111214»

Comments

• doneskis wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I got top 2 in rags twice no sweat but mags ive gotten only 1 top 2 and like 4 top 8s icon_e_sad.gif

Hey Dum, is your Mag finished?

No its sitting at max 128 with 1 red needed (5/2/5). Not my top priority to finish out (finishing widow first). I have 7700 HP banked but dont feel like using it to finish him yet haha.

haha nice, so do you run rag/mag/doom in LR?

No my doom is only level 20. I dont try in LRs anymore except to get ISOs. I run a 141 spidey alongside mag/rag. The only reason for me to dump ISOs into doom would be to get that last mag cover (nobody wants to attack a 115 rag 115 doom, too much HPs), but in the long run its not worth it because doom stinks outside of LRs.
  • hmmz just got knocked outta 25th LAST second into 26th during this last Mag round. quite annoying but I did get a black Doom from the token.. so cant complain or can I ?
    Do the diabolic tokens guarantee a 3* ?
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    hmmz just got knocked outta 25th LAST second into 26th during this last Mag round. quite annoying but I did get a black Doom from the token.. so cant complain or can I ?

yes guarnateed villian which are all 3*
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    rabscutle wrote:
    So I saw earlier in the thread (can't find it) that Mags was nerfed.

Just tested it a couple of times, you make as many matches as blue tiles. He's at 70, which does 1071 per tile. Had 2 red on the table and a ton of blue. Still downed a 5k+ hit point Rags with one shot.

So looks like his Purple is as good as always.
    Wait, he was nerfed? what happened?
  • doneskis wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    hmmz just got knocked outta 25th LAST second into 26th during this last Mag round. quite annoying but I did get a black Doom from the token.. so cant complain or can I ?

gotcha didnt know if they added troll rolls such as Daken and Bullseye in there much the way I keep pulling tinykitty Caps from the double shot tokens.
    D3 WE UNDERSTAND you like caps icon_redface.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    gotcha didnt know if they added troll rolls such as Daken and Bullseye in there much the way I keep pulling tinykitty Caps from the double shot tokens.

If they did that then people wouldn't fight for the Diabolical nearly as much... and it would destroy the ability to actually progress up through the LRs.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

D3 WE UNDERSTAND you like caps icon_redface.gif

Lol I like that term “troll” roll, that’s a good way to describe the heroic tokens. Always get M Hawkeye/Bullseye/or good ole captain America.
  • This was my best LR ever by far. Grand total, 1 Doom cover (top 25), 1 Hood cover (Diabolical token), 2 Rag covers (2 top 25 finishes), and 2 Mag covers (top 8 finish), and I could actually use them all! This was the first LR where I had a 5 red Rag. Coincidence? I don't think so...

I am now the proud owner of a 4/5 Doom, 3/5/3 Hood, 4/5 Rag, 5/1/4 Mag and I didn't even bother checking Loki. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IMG_1546_zps7c9d32ef.png

Thought this was odd. Big fan of bagman?
  • doneskis wrote:

Doneskis! Were you able to get a Mag cover in the end from the last round. I apologize for hitting you, we traded a couple of blows, didn't realize you were on the forums.
  • Oh my god they do exist
  • Is Loki ever worth pumping ISO into?
  • doneskis wrote:

Doneskis! Were you able to get a Mag cover in the end from the last round. I apologize for hitting you, we traded a couple of blows, didn't realize you were on the forums.

Haha yeah I did. It was pure luck. Ghast yielded to me and I won a match to get in
    How about you?
  • doneskis wrote:
    doneskis wrote:

Haha yeah I did. It was pure luck. Ghast yielded to me and I won a match to get in
    How about you?

Awesome! Managed to snag a top 8 spot. I put up a 15 minute shield with 16 minutes to go when I was around top 10. I then looked for people that were also shielded. With 10 minutes to go in the round, I broke my shield and attacked you, Ghast and someone else because you were all shielded and probably would not retaliate. That bumped me up to top 5 and then I bought a second shield with 4 minutes to go. 100hp for 2 Mag covers, a fair trade. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • doneskis wrote:
    doneskis wrote:

How about you?

Awesome! Managed to snag a top 8 spot. I put up a 15 minute shield with 16 minutes to go when I was around top 10. I then looked for people that were also shielded. With 10 minutes to go in the round, I broke my shield and attacked you, Ghast and someone else because you were all shielded and probably would not retaliate. That bumped me up to top 5 and then I bought a second shield with 4 minutes to go. 100hp for 2 Mag covers, a fair trade. icon_e_biggrin.gif

My shield timing was off since i was at work lol. I used shield to get work done it was intense hahah
  • doneskis wrote:
    ...lots...
    ...of...
    doneskis wrote:
    ...text...
    ... icon_e_ugeek.gif ...

My shield timing was off since i was at work lol. I used shield to get work done it was intense hahah

I took a slightly longer lunch break then normal.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally got to #50 in a lightning round!

... for about 30 seconds. And then I got hit for about 200 points, after which I was #119. *sigh*
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I finally got to #50 in a lightning round!

... for about 30 seconds. And then I got hit for about 200 points, after which I was #119. *sigh*

I feel your pain, sometimes I end up in a vicious retaliation war and lose 50-75 points every time I win a match. Once that starts happening, I just bust out the tank team since it’s a waste of time
  • I really hate that I am at work during most Mags LR or driving to work... his LR is gonna be nuts if the Rags nerf is true.