*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Can someone post a link to her introduction thread/information? I've seen posts detailing her appearance in a 5 day long Heroic event, but no official announcement. Is this speculation based on some of the game files, or do we have some hard data? Thanks in advance for any links, as I'd be curious to know more.

Open the game.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    I posted in the other thread, but it looks like green might generate AP. Usually abilities say "does not generate AP" if they don't.
    It will probably not...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    So ridiculously stupid.
    From the files of "Who asked for this"
    Was Frog Thor busy?
    I've suggested both of those on the forums before. I was also the first person here to request Devil Dinosaur. I have seen the target demographic, and it is me.
  • Squirrel girl should been a 4* character considering how powerful she is
  • Well, that's it. I don't care that she's not super powerful. I don't care that she's being introduced in a tinykitty heroic (okay, maybe a bit...)
    I'm happy. I have my Squirrel Girl.

Thank you.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    With Hawkeye and Deadpool already on board and now Squirrel Girl, we could be looking to assemble the whole Great Lakes Avengers! Now you can look forward to Monkey Joe, Big Bertha, Flatman, Doorman... icon_lol.gif
  • Sorry guys, Squirrel Girl has appealed to me ever since I first learned of her. It's nothing to do with "furry" or "kids" or that she (thankfully) doesn't look like every other female superhero. It's to do with one thing: fun. The character is fun. The idea behind her is fun. Her wins against impossible to beat opponents are fun. Deadpool's wariness of her? Fun. Her outlook on life? Fun.

I like fun. I like Squirrel Girl.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    If D3 wants to give me 650 HP for her roster spot, I'll love her, too.

Until her essential is over anyway.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I like it! No reason to grind PVE
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    I find it weird how many people I saw complaining about her introduction, she's really fun even though most of her feats come from this 'fun', kinda like DP. And people LOVE DP, what's wrong with her?

Squirrelgirl is controversial, from the little I know. Reading her description you'd think she was Wolverine, or Jean Grey or the Hulk or something. Even the comic-makers seem to be uneasy with her.

One incident I remember: Some comic creators thought Doom was too powerful, so they had Doom fight Squirrel Girl and lose. She eventually fought Thanos to the same result. Other comic creators thought Thanos was just fine, so it was disputed whether she actually defeated Thanos or not. This kept happening until (IIRC) The Watcher observed what was happening, so it HAD to be fact then. Many of her victories are "Offscreen" icon_e_wink.gif

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_Girl#Victories
  • Nice to see a new character that has'nt been released in a game before.. About her looks who cares almost anywhere else
    they would depict her in a diferent way =) Its nice to see some diferent art from the mainstream media so props to D3. icon_e_wink.gif

SnowcaT; I wanted to see Luke Cage, mostly because he's a really great character. Try to Understand that the more obscure
    characters they release the better the chances for them to release any character that you want =) Just keep hoping and
    suggesting and maybe they'll consider one of your favorite characters one day. If the game survives for a long time they will be
    able to input most of the characters we want. So hopefully they'll be able to continue to realease new content for a long time. =)

Now hopefully they will be able to complete fantastic four with the thing and mister fantastic! =D
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    dearbluey wrote:
    Sorry guys, Squirrel Girl has appealed to me ever since I first learned of her. It's nothing to do with "furry" or "kids" or that she (thankfully) doesn't look like every other female superhero. It's to do with one thing: fun. The character is fun. The idea behind her is fun. Her wins against impossible to beat opponents are fun. Deadpool's wariness of her? Fun. Her outlook on life? Fun.

I like fun. I like Squirrel Girl.

Sending thousands and thousands of squirrels to their death is fun?
    Nice to see a new character that has'nt been released in a game before..

Not quite Avengers Alliance released her like a year ago. There's probably been others.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:

Can't rain (squirrels) all the time. icon_e_wink.gif
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Not quite Avengers Alliance released her like a year ago. There's probably been others.

Marvel Heroes (their ARPG like Diablo) also features her...along with twelve billion other characters...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    You're right, one at a time is way more fun...
    carlspackler2.jpg
  • DrStrange-616
    That's a gopher!
  • Someone mentioned the Great Lakes Avengers and now this song is stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI
  • Okey sorry I didn't know she'd been released before but i still think it's nice to release some obscure characters. =)
    I just think its better to be positive and think that the characters they have released is just the beginning and that
    they save some good characters for the future and that hopefully they can release cyclops, gambit, jean grey, thing,
    green goblin, kingpin, apocalypse or whoever that's left icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Did I miss something here? Have they announced that they would bring her into the game?
  • DrStrange-616
    dider152 wrote:
    Did I miss something here? Have they announced that they would bring her into the game?

She's a reward in the new Oscorp PvE.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically, Squirellgirl is Deadpool without the M-Rated jokes. It's 100% fluff and light-heartedness. Whereas, while a lot of Wade's comments and tomfoolery are just that, his comics also tackle a lot of difficult or touchy issues (and we'll not even go into his "relationships" with Domino and Death). SG is seen by a lot of people as "childish", almost a My Little Pony of comic book heroes, whereas Deadpool is more of a hardened badass that makes jokes too.

I personally don't like SQ. Some of her stuff is amusing, but she's just never did it for me. There's no real content to them to me. That being said, I respect how popular she is with the 'hardcore' comic crowd, because there is a lot of in-jokes throughout the series.

The thing that really bothers me, is all her abilities look awful and very not fun, which is very not SQ. Though the descriptions are very SQ. icon_lol.gif