Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• About 90% recovered, thanks guys icon_e_smile.gif
  • Is it normaly in lightning rounds to only find battles in the low teens? 12-15 or so? And to be smacked for 29-30 points every loss? icon_e_sad.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    Is it normaly in lightning rounds to only find battles in the low teens? 12-15 or so? And to be smacked for 29-30 points every loss? icon_e_sad.gif

Ever since they changed the way scoring works so that every LR is scored like hood...yup

Be prepared to strategically shield up towards the end.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    70 tokens (that seems low...).

If you had facebook friends, you were probably getting some tokens from them during the event, also some from subevent rewards if you placed below the event/heroic token levels. That adds a fair amount of tokens.

Not having FB in the steam version really makes me wonder what i'm missing out.

Steam seems to get random gifts from Shield to make up for it some. (I've gotten a couple, like a random 50HP that was seperate from my daily).
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Is it normaly in lightning rounds to only find battles in the low teens? 12-15 or so? And to be smacked for 29-30 points every loss? icon_e_sad.gif

Ever since they changed the way scoring works so that every LR is scored like hood...yup

Be prepared to strategically shield up towards the end.

Yeah. My issue is that I'm floating at the cusp of Diabolical right now, not worth blowing HP when someone could easily leapfrog me.
  • I normally don't get annoyed with stuff like this, but I was #5 in the Mags LR and within 4 minutes, the SAME guy attacked me with a level 100+ Rag team 5 times. They need to change that because it was stupid annoying.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Couldn't get top 8, but I just barely yielded into a diabolical token. Whew.

Sorry if I accidentally gave anyone unwanted points.

EDIT: Pulled a P. C. Magneto. Blergh.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    id rather pay 1250 for my last red mag then try for a top 2 mag finish
    I'm trying to get my last blue then I'll probably just use my HP for the red.
    Don't think I got it though, someone started a retaliation battle with me and decided to tank and hit me at the last second for like 31.

Edit:)(#*)($@ didn't get it. So dumb.
  • Damn that last mag round was intense, pulled out top 8 though! Burned 2 shields but worth it I guess
  • Ghast wrote:
    Couldn't get top 8, but I just barely yielded into a diabolical token. Whew.

Sorry if I accidentally gave anyone unwanted points.

EDIT: Pulled a P. C. Magneto. Blergh.

Ghast! Thanks for the points. I needed that!
  • Got top spot on that last Mag round. I just need one more red cover to finish off my 5/2/5 Mag, though I think it might be easier to just save up HP for that.
  • yeah top 2 in mag is so hard. I will prolly just burn HP for it
  • Yeah, I did a kneejerk 50 HP shield after trying to get to top 50 and getting hit for -30 points a pop (looking at you, ghostlightning lol). I figured that even if I were to only get a Heroic token, it still would be worth it at 50HP. Got worried that I wasn't even going to be in the top 100, but looks like I squeaked in.

I have been actively avoiding hitting forum members tho (not that I'm any kind of threat lol), unless an obvious tanking team is out (in which case thank you icon_e_smile.gif ). Getting worried about my MMR (actually saw Ladder for one of my matchups), so I think I better start tanking some of these.
  • I got top 2 in rags twice no sweat but mags ive gotten only 1 top 2 and like 4 top 8s icon_e_sad.gif
  • Yay managed to hold on to a spot in the 40s or low 30s and get a Diabolical. Too bad it was a pink Loki. At least I needed the cover. Loki is now 5/4.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I got top 2 in rags twice no sweat but mags ive gotten only 1 top 2 and like 4 top 8s icon_e_sad.gif

Hey Dum, is your Mag finished?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Don't think I got it though, someone started a retaliation battle with me and decided to tank and hit me at the last second for like 31.

Wow! My first Mag tourny was intense, got top 8. I saw Elementalor pass me up on 8th position, I had to break shield and did a quick fight to retake 8th spot at the last minute. Sorry Elementalor.
  • doneskis wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I got top 2 in rags twice no sweat but mags ive gotten only 1 top 2 and like 4 top 8s icon_e_sad.gif

No its sitting at max 128 with 1 red needed (5/2/5). Not my top priority to finish out (finishing widow first). I have 7700 HP banked but dont feel like using it to finish him yet haha.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

No its sitting at max 128 with 1 red needed (5/2/5). Not my top priority to finish out (finishing widow first). I have 7700 HP banked but dont feel like using it to finish him yet haha.

haha nice, so do you run rag/mag/doom in LR?
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Wow! My first Mag tourny was intense, got top 8. I saw Elementalor pass me up on 8th position, I had to break shield and did a quick fight to retake 8th spot at the last minute. Sorry Elementalor.
    Eh was a combo of that and a dumb retaliation war someone started with me. Both got last hits in but he tanked down so I took a hit of 31. Probably didn't make a difference. I've got a few levels to go on my guys so I think next week should be a little easier hopefully.