Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Phew...snuck up to 524 which put me in the lead by about 80 points....and then shielded immediately once 15min was left hahaha. It seems sort of cheap but hoping to take top 2 somehow icon_e_biggrin.gif Sure it's only Loki but you gotta take every victory you can in life, even the small ones make me happy :3

Edit: Came in top 2, net gain 50 HP with the reward.
  • Don't whammy me too hard in mags round!
  • id rather pay 1250 for my last red mag then try for a top 2 mag finish
  • Same as Dugan. Plus my last yellow Hood.
  • plus this is the last LR, i'd rather use it to tank my MMR to finish double shot + the weekend tourney
  • Hey Zathrus what are you focusing on now after maxing Rag and Spidey? I've worked my grey widow up from 50 to 115 this past week.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Hey Zathrus what are you focusing on now after maxing Rag and Spidey? I've worked my grey widow up from 50 to 115 this past week.

Mags (115), BWGS (113), Hulk (60 I think; need covers), and I've actually pumped some ISO into Doom (60) and Hood (50).

Mostly I'm just building up a large reserve so I can spike some character I haven't built up.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Hey Zathrus what are you focusing on now after maxing Rag and Spidey? I've worked my grey widow up from 50 to 115 this past week.

Mags (115), BWGS (113), Hulk (60 I think; need covers), and I've actually pumped some ISO into Doom (60) and Hood (50).

Mostly I'm just building up a large reserve so I can spike some character I haven't built up.

Damn you've built up way more iso than me icon_e_biggrin.gif

Of course I wasted a lot on IM40 and Cap America icon_e_sad.gif
  • Hey what is another character to build just finshed maxing MAG

have Rag and DD maxed also?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

I played the Hulk events far, far too much.

My IM40 is 123 -- I've decided that I'll give him 1 level for every tournament he's buffed in until he's 141. Other than that, he gets NOTHING!

Cap is 50 I think. And while it was a waste, even at the time, at least it's not all that much ISO anymore. But I'd take it back if I could.

I'm currently sitting on 60k ISO and 5500 HP. I'll probably pump some more into Hulk though and end up around 50k.
  • Ugh Comm Link Disrupted constantly. And I know I don't have internet issues. That's a lightning round killer.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

I played the Hulk events far, far too much.

My IM40 is 123 -- I've decided that I'll give him 1 level for every tournament he's buffed in until he's 141. Other than that, he gets NOTHING!

Cap is 50 I think. And while it was a waste, even at the time, at least it's not all that much ISO anymore. But I'd take it back if I could.

I'm currently sitting on 60k ISO and 5500 HP. I'll probably pump some more into Hulk though and end up around 50k.

I sat out the 2nd hulk tourney, got burned out and had some health problems. That's probably at least 30k iso i missed out on.
  • So I saw earlier in the thread (can't find it) that Mags was nerfed.

Just tested it a couple of times, you make as many matches as blue tiles. He's at 70, which does 1071 per tile. Had 2 red on the table and a ton of blue. Still downed a 5k+ hit point Rags with one shot.

So looks like his Purple is as good as always.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    So I saw earlier in the thread (can't find it) that Mags was nerfed.

Just tested it a couple of times, you make as many matches as blue tiles. He's at 70, which does 1071 per tile. Had 2 red on the table and a ton of blue. Still downed a 5k+ hit point Rags with one shot.

So looks like his Purple is as good as always.

Niceee
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I sat out the 2nd hulk tourney, got burned out and had some health problems. That's probably at least 30k iso i missed out on.

Hope your health is better man.

I think Hulk was worth a lot more... going to do some quick calculations right here, right now. Let's hope my math is better than Purty Hawkeye's.

Each tournament was 9 1/2 days, with 8 2 day events (2x48 hours, 2x48 hours, 4x48 hours (although the 2nd pair was technically shorter)) and 6 1 day events (2x24 hours thrice), plus the 7 final missions, plus the 1 gimme-a-Hulk mission.

Each main mission was worth 200 ISO plus 0-500 ISO, let's call it 100 on average. So 22 * 300 = 6600 ISO.
    Each sub had 4-6 missions, 5 on average. Each sub was worth 700 (100 first completion, 600 ISO in mission) + 1 token fully farmed out. So 14*5*700 = 49000 + 70 tokens (that seems low...).
    Plus you usually got at least 250 ISO for participating in a sub, so 14*5*250 = 17500.
    And then the final main mission ISO reward, which was 250-1000 ISO.

That makes each Hulk event worth, at a minimum, 73350 ISO, fully farmed out. Plus 70 tokens (again, I think that's low, since I'm now sitting on >250), a Hulk cover, and probably some Powered Up or Gamma Bomb tokens.

You'd get more from 20 ISO booby prizes, but less if you had to buy boosts. I suspect for me the two of those netted out. Those L230+ missions were tough.

And anyone looking for this in the future -- have fun finding it in this thread.
  • Bah so annoyed that I'm probably blowing my fully tanked MMR on a tournament that I can't catch up in because of connection issues. Oh well, let's see what I can do.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Hope your health is better man.

I think Hulk was worth a lot more... going to do some quick calculations right here, right now. Let's hope my math is better than Purty Hawkeye's.

Each tournament was 9 1/2 days, with 8 2 day events (2x48 hours, 2x48 hours, 4x48 hours (although the 2nd pair was technically shorter)) and 6 1 day events (2x24 hours thrice), plus the 7 final missions, plus the 1 gimme-a-Hulk mission.

Each main mission was worth 200 ISO plus 0-500 ISO, let's call it 100 on average. So 22 * 300 = 6600 ISO.
    Each sub had 4-6 missions, 5 on average. Each sub was worth 700 (100 first completion, 600 ISO in mission) + 1 token fully farmed out. So 14*5*700 = 49000 + 70 tokens (that seems low...).
    Plus you usually got at least 250 ISO for participating in a sub, so 14*5*250 = 17500.
    And then the final main mission ISO reward, which was 250-1000 ISO.

That makes each Hulk event worth, at a minimum, 73350 ISO, fully farmed out. Plus 70 tokens (again, I think that's low, since I'm now sitting on >250), a Hulk cover, and probably some Powered Up or Gamma Bomb tokens.

You'd get more from 20 ISO booby prizes, but less if you had to buy boosts. I suspect for me the two of those netted out. Those L230+ missions were tough.

And anyone looking for this in the future -- have fun finding it in this thread.

Wow that almost makes me feel bad for skipping it.

But...i was reaaally burned out of this game lol. Especially playing PVE over and over again.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    70 tokens (that seems low...).

If you had facebook friends, you were probably getting some tokens from them during the event, also some from subevent rewards if you placed below the event/heroic token levels. That adds a fair amount of tokens.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    70 tokens (that seems low...).

If you had facebook friends, you were probably getting some tokens from them during the event, also some from subevent rewards if you placed below the event/heroic token levels. That adds a fair amount of tokens.

Not having FB in the steam version really makes me wonder what i'm missing out.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

That makes each Hulk event worth, at a minimum, 73350 ISO, fully farmed out.

That sounds right - by the end of the second Hulk event I had Hulk from base to 102 because of the insane ISO party. Got 3 Hulk pulls from tokens, 6 from placement, 2 freebie greens, and dropped my saved HP into the last 2 covers. He's at 133 now.

Rag/Hulk/Spidey is a blast to play - serious board control.

Also, hope you're feeling better, Dugn.