Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    5 more mins to go and i am currently at #42 shielded. Plsssssssss let me have my very first diabolical token...... icon_rolleyes.gif

{Edit}: I got it!!!! Yay!!! Black Doom though..new cover...
  • Was after another diabolical token, accidentally passed 25 and got a black doom instead. One of the two LR colours I have capped.

Exact thing happened to me except LOL Loki.
  • Was after another diabolical token, accidentally passed 25 and got a black doom instead. One of the two LR colours I have capped.

My bad I totally yielded out of spot 25 icon_lol.gif

edit: I got a Doom cover for my trickery. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Well..came back from a match to a net negative (+20s- 20s..so net of about 5-7). Then I was attacked for -35 as I put up a shield. So..I ended up shielding at about #13 instead of @ 517 :/ we will see how that goes. I don't feel like missing the purple as well as the blue because I get hit for -80 at the last second....
  • Reeeeeeaally getting tired of losing 100-200 points in a single few min stretch near the end of the lightning rounds. Hilarious since I shielded for the mag round and was only attacked once but I get attacked 6-7 times for -30+ each when I don't shield. Wasn't about to shield @#9 to guarantee just a green. Got my diabolical regardless of the drops...just not happy it was yet another doom black :/ also getting tired of attacking ppl with mid lvl rags (60-80) and 2** and getting retaliated back. What lvl do u think I have to lvl the rag up to before someone like that decides its not worth it? I already am using a 125 mag/100doom (put about 10-15k ISO into rag so he is lvl 45 now....

O well. If this is as bad as their pay to win add-ons get then we should call it lucky (not fixing the scoring and adding the shields).

Shields don't work for lightning that nicely because there are no hp rewards to mitigate the shield useage, they don't last very long, and there are no progression rewards.
  • I don't think it matters. I have max rags / max im40 / 100+ BW and people still attack me, as long as they have rag. It's still just about getting 12 red or so, which is 15k+ dmg easily factoring in cascades, and then sniping with widow to finish the team. Maybe its 20 seconds more?
  • I don't think it matters. I have max rags / max im40 / 100+ BW and people still attack me, as long as they have rag. It's still just about getting 12 red or so, which is 15k+ dmg easily factoring in cascades, and then sniping with widow to finish the team. Maybe its 20 seconds more?
    . If all 3 are tanky villians that's 50+k health points. Widow sniper won't do nearly enough damage to finish all 3 off..so you are stuck actually having to match tiles around and risk the enemy getting a damaging cascade and wasting your time.

Also, in lr, your team is an easy target because they are (except rag) very weak defensively with high ap costs, no passive, and vastly inferior hp pools compared to buffed characters. Outside, yea I don't think it matters, but while you can still use mag/rag to take out a team without any worry of losing...its not anywhere near as fast as the guy worth 2 points less without 3 villains...and that is really the goal. Don't have to have good defense..just have to have better defense than the guy next to you lol.
  • Yah you're right about that. In LR I'd be better off putting up a wall of villains.

That's probably why I get attacked so much haha. But I still think you won't be able to avoid it even with a super tanky team of rag / doom / round hero. The reason being at that point you're probably being attacked by someone as strong as you with close to a mirror team, so both teams being buffed 200% means the crazy HP is negated by the crazy damage.

Which is why I think in LR the only buffed hero should be the one specific to the LR icon_mad.gif
  • Didn't anticipate going for it yesterday in the Mag round since I had to start 30 min late but saw the points weren't that high. Went all out for 45 min and climbed to first. Shielded out for the last 15 min to ease into the t8 and the blue I needed. 3/3/5 now

Then played in the Rag round and pretty much did the exact same thing for a T8 and finish my Rag. Not bad considering I started these LRs with a lvl 40 3/3 Rag
  • shuusin
    shuusin Posts: 27
    What's the usual lightning round order? Also when do they usually end?
  • Finally got the hang of tanking in the last minutes of The Hood round and I got my Diabolical token.

>Ragnarok Thunderclap, my fifth.

Maybe today I can be verifiably a non-scrub lol.
  • shuusin wrote:

I'd like to know this too!
    Also, kinda off topic, but does anyone know what's the level cap on a 0/3 rag?

Thanks
  • shuusin wrote:

Thanks

30 or less, i think.
  • shuusin wrote:

Hood Doom Loki Magneto Ragnarok

They end 48 hours after they start, so the last round should be Magneto starting at 1 pm EST.
  • shuusin wrote:

Thanks

1/2 is 28, 2/2 is 38, so I'd guess somewhere in that neighborhood.
  • shuusin wrote:

Thanks

There is a thread with this info somewhere. I think the character sticky has a link to it.

Gods of the game wanted me to tank (this is more like "give ppl a free kill as I won't be playing another round after this anyway") this round. Got up to about 200 a few min ago, top 10-25 or so at the time. I say ...nahh..just gonna tank. Throw in the tank team open up my round's standard token and...last blue doom I needed. I kinda did a double take as at first i thought "darn...not a yellow hood/blue mag/red rag" then I realised it was a standard and not a diabolical.

@gameloft
    3 things:

1. I almost never get attacked by high lvl guys. It's the 80-max rag /mid level 2nd villain/
    scrub teams that attack usually. So I think.it is possible to go outside their worth fighting range. I just think it requires 3 villains one of which is rag.

2. Most ppl with all maxed are no longer aiming for the top prizes so you don't get attacked by those as often. Most rounds you only need top 8 to get the "rare" color.

3. Problem with the "only buffed hero" issue is that you win them in their own round. Now..if the rewards were for rag during Loki rounds or something...then only being buffed in their own round would be okay. Better yet, rotate the rewards each week so week one Loki go es rag, rag gives hood, hood gives doom, etc. Then next week Loki gives hood, rag gives mag, etc.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    shuusin wrote:

Thanks

1/2 is 28, 2/2 is 38, so I'd guess somewhere in that neighborhood.

Wow that's really low, I was hoping for more.
    Yesterday I finally got my first rag cover... he was the last char I didn't have any single cover for, it took 33 days to get the first!
    When I got him from the token I was so excited I actually thought for a moment to dump 2500HP and all my ISO into him.
    But if the level cap is so low, it's not worth it.
    I'll just keep building my doom and hope I can get more covers than 1 every 30 days lol.

• I'll just keep building my doom and hope I can get more covers than 1 every 30 days lol.

I maxed Doom out before I even started trying to place in Rag rounds and it was very effective. Once I got a 90+ Doom in the mix, I started Top 8-ing Rag regularly.

• I'll just keep building my doom and hope I can get more covers than 1 every 30 days lol.

I maxed Doom out before I even started trying to place in Rag rounds and it was very effective. Once I got a 90+ Doom in the mix, I started Top 8-ing Rag regularly.

Good to know, cheers!
    I just wish they had LR during the weekends. Can barely play during the week

Good to know, cheers!
    I just wish they had LR during the weekends. Can barely play during the week

Yeah. I can get in for the quick rewards, but I only have the time to dedicate to 1 or 2 lightning rounds.