POLL: What would you like to see as the best refresh time?

Options
Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
edited January 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
There has been a lot of talk about refresh times and the difference between 2h24m and 3h00m is significant. There have been a lot of good discussion on the ideal refresh time and I thought it might be useful for the devs to see what the majority of those on the forum think.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Four hours has always seemed the most sensible to me. Do a couple clears before bed, or before work, but never have to hit three or four just to deal with normal life. It's short enough that people could still differentiate, not so short that it gets boring very fast. My concern with the longer times is that it all comes down to who can grind at the end, making bad sub end times completely debilitating.
  • sweet spot for me would be 4 hours, 3 is bearable, 2:24 is terrible.

As far as longer than 4h you start reaching a point where it's hard to differentiate between players. I think it would only work if they make sure at least some nodes are going to be impossible to complete for certain players in a similar vein to the hard simulator sub. Personally though I think I prefer the idea of PvE being accessible to all and if you're willing to put in the most effort (and have the featured hero I guess) you get rewarded. PvP being decided by roster strength is enough IMO... (even though I have a great roster)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2h 24 minutes actually synergized well with my breaks at work. Wouldn't object at all to longer refreshes though.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like to grind on the weekends, so ideally for me would be 4 hour refreshed during the week, and 2.5 - 3 on the weekends. Any more than that and I would lose enjoyment of PVE. If it can't be variable, then I would be content with 4 hour refreshes even though I do enjoy the 3 hour refreshes more.

I see this game split between PVP people who don't like PVE grinding but want to participate, and PVE people who enjoy the grind, but don't like PVP.

I see PVP as paying-player friendly, and PVE as free-player friendly.

That's just my perception of the game.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would even vote for a 3 and 1/2 hours. I look at when I get home I can do 1 clear and then still do 1 more clear before I go to bed. 4 hours would make that a little tough, but if I started a little early before the refresh ended it would work as well. 4 hours would work well before work and then at lunch time for clears. It would still not be optimal clearing, but would be a lot better than 2 1/2 hours.

With 4 hour refresh and time slices they might also need to give a slight bump to rubber banding as well so when people join a sub they might be able to catch up a little compared to now where if you don't start the sub close to optimally you are not going to place well especially in shorter subs.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did this about a month ago:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20373

I voted 12 hours here, and should have put the 6 hour option. The vote fell right between 4 and 8 hours, many saying they wanted a 6 hour option.