Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• russnou wrote:
    That was a tough round got my last red so I will not be a **** and keep going for top prizes just farm the iso. icon_cool.gif
    How much do you think your shielding strat helped? I think you did it twice?

not much never got hit
  • russnou wrote:
    russnou wrote:
    That was a tough round got my last red so I will not be a **** and keep going for top prizes just farm the iso. icon_cool.gif
    How much do you think your shielding strat helped? I think you did it twice?

not much never got hit

and only once with 15 min to go thought 646 was enough I think the third place guy was 75 points behind me but that erased fast
  • I put up a shield to guarantee a top 25 for Rag. That will give me a (2/2) that I should be able to buff up a bit. He'll probably be (5/2) with a "stay away" level before I can go for a top 8.
  • Man last round was tough. Barely got top 25 to finish rag.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awww yeah, 4/4 in lightning rounds for diabolical tokens. Got 2 green rags and 2 doom covers.
  • Oh yeah! Got top 8 on Rag. Rag is now 5/5, my first villain to have max covers. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'm going for a top 2 doom cuz i''m bored and my doom is only 4/2
  • Going for my final blue doom cover. Plz don't fk with me too much. Haha
  • ARGH, was going to do the Doom round, but was watching TV and forgot about it. Too late to try to get top 8 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Hm. I don't think I can push high enough to guarantee blue this round so I'm gonna shoot for Diabolical.
  • This doom round is surprisingly competitive
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    This doom round is surprisingly competitive

Check out the time though. West coast it's evening and east coast it's late at night. Everybody's at home playing on their phones icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    This doom round is surprisingly competitive

Yep.. lol icon_e_sad.gif
  • I don't know why certain guys (vector mangler, singsan) like to attack me with 40 minutes to go. All it does is lead to a retaliation war where nobody wins.
  • Man, I wanted to make a push for a diabolical but there's no way. I think I need to retool my team. Been running with 67 Doom/89 Hulk/102 Rags and though I can pretty much win, I can't do sustained rounds without health packs or taking a break to heal with Spidey. Plus I can't seem to be able to find players with decent points.

This particular bracket was pretty harsh, with a bunch of the big hitters in the forum at the top of the leaderboard.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I don't know why certain guys (vector mangler, singsan) like to attack me with 40 minutes to go. All it does is lead to a retaliation war where nobody wins.

Now now, I think I hit you with like 11 minutes left. I'd been about to shield when I realized I could have a shot at 2nd and the associated HP if I could down a big fish late. So I figured what the heck and went for it.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I don't know why certain guys (vector mangler, singsan) like to attack me with 40 minutes to go. All it does is lead to a retaliation war where nobody wins.

Now now, I think I hit you with like 11 minutes left. I'd been about to shield when I realized I could have a shot at 2nd and the associated HP if I could down a big fish late. So I figured what the heck and went for it.

11 minutes is still too early! you save the big guys for the end lol

but yea singsin hit me with 40 minutes left and we hit each other like 5 times back and forth, an exercise in stupidity.
  • Good: I finally got my first Diabolical Token!

Bad: It's Loki's black cover...
  • Oversoul wrote:
    Good: I finally got my first Diabolical Token!

Bad: It's Loki's black cover...

Good: You get a free frogurt!

Bad: It's Loki flavored.

Good: The frogurt comes with your choice of toppings1

Bad: The toppings are all Loki.
  • Was after another diabolical token, accidentally passed 25 and got a black doom instead. One of the two LR colours I have capped.