WARNING for Sim Hard 09 Doom's Third Power is active

Options
Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
edited January 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Watch out Doom's purple is active in Hard Sim 09. It hits for 1775 a trap and it took down sentry late in the match.
Just to make you aware.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah I saw that. haven't played against it yet but it is definitely bad form to alter enemies mid event.

REALLY? a thumb down?

He is going to be real fun in the next event where he will surely have purple feeding goon
  • I am guessing it is only if you have updated with the patch. I have not yet and am not seeing his purple power.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing - D3 has a nasty habit of upgrading villains right before making them the enemy centerpiece of a PVE.

Are there any goons that feed purple? Well, I'm sure if there aren't, D3 can surely whip one up (or change what an existing goon feeds) very easily.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Black/Blue and Purple feeding goons in a PVE coming real soon...At least we'll have a buffed "Jab Jab Cross" to counter Doom, right...? Ugh, that's gonna be a painful PVE
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing they will roll Doom out very similar to Loki, and hopefully do another gauntlet with top progression being Doom 3rd power.
  • fmftint wrote:

REALLY? a thumb down?

Yeah, nothing personal. I just thumbs down every post I see that's whiny.
  • I'm going to avoid updating on my tablet until my slice is over (about 19 hours from now), since that's one of two hard nodes I've actually been doing this sub. I already updated my phone, not realizing this was coming, but I mainly play on my tablet anyway.

This should have at least been in the patch notes.
  • darthmental
    Options
    With the extra levels Doom will be a force to be reckon with! I look forward to trying him out!
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    Both the old media goon that pops up occasionally and the caltrops ninja feed purple. He's going to be a nightmare when paired with Mr. Caltrops because those are bad enough on their own without doom.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Watch out Doom's purple is active in Hard Sim 09. It hits for 1775 a trap and it took down sentry late in the match.
    Just to make you aware.
    The constantly appearing Diabolical Plot banner is terrifying if you are not keeping close track of his purpletile.png AP. I keep thinking that an animation of death is coming in another second.

Edit: I'm using Patch / Loki or Daredevil on this one. Electra, Spidey, and dare I say Bullseye, might be good to counter his trap too.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had heard that Doom was getting a 3rd power soon. However, I wasn't paying attention earlier while playing the Simulator PvE. I was using Xforce and just had a Recovery go off. My Xforce was almost dead, and after the Recovery tile, he was back up to about two thirds health. Then on the next turn Diabolical Plot appears and Xforce is suddenly dead. icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
    I didn't know what the heck was going on. icon_cry.gif I looked at Dooms stats and there it is. A cool new ability. I can't say if it's super powerful or not because the Doom I was facing was over level 300. But it seems like it will make a good character great.
    Now we just have to wait for the Heroic or Gauntlet that will offer his new power. Or they could offer it as a reward for the Balance of Power they sometimes do between seasons. (unless they are doing Com Arms instead this time, but I hope they do both)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    yeah I saw that. haven't played against it yet but it is definitely bad form to alter enemies mid event.

REALLY? a thumb down?

He is going to be real fun in the next event where he will surely have purple feeding goon

Something strange here. Obviously an edit without any indication that the post had been edited.
    adamLmpq wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

REALLY? a thumb down?

Something strange here too. There are 2 thumbs down from the same account, which I didn't think was possible.

Does fmftint have forum superpowers? icon_e_smile.gif
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    adamLmpq wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

REALLY? a thumb down?

Oh mai.
    EvuoOxL.png
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's keep the trolling to a minimum, please. icon_lol.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just to make you aware.

Yeah. I saw that. I was like.. cool they upgraded Doom icon_e_biggrin.gif . than I was like.. Oh nuts. Why did they have to do it now. icon_mad.gif
    Although, I don't think it has hurt you all that much Colognoisseur, it looks like you are going to get all the Cage covers seeing as you have over 260K in the event. Nice roster by the way. All 58 characters maxed. I tip my cap.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing - D3 has a nasty habit of upgrading villains right before making them the enemy centerpiece of a PVE.

Are there any goons that feed purple? Well, I'm sure if there aren't, D3 can surely whip one up (or change what an existing goon feeds) very easily.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Black/Blue and Purple feeding goons in a PVE coming real soon...At least we'll have a buffed "Jab Jab Cross" to counter Doom, right...? Ugh, that's gonna be a painful PVE

Shield troops do, and they make fury a monster.