So close to 4,000 for the Season...but so Far

Options
Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
I want the Heroic 10x pretty badly, but unfortunately I don't know if I'll be able to use Shield Simulator to ramp up the 800 points I'll need (I'm already at 450 for Shield Sim...).

I didn't think I had the gumption to get even in this range at the beginning of the season, so hadn't pushed as hard early as I have been lately. I don't know if, at my level, 1250 is a realistic goal in Shield Sim.

Comments

• squirrel1120
    Options
    What's your roster look like? The tough part here is that 'the wall' is somewhere in that range I think. I don't remember if I ran into a wall of max'd characters at 1100 or 1200, but it was right in there. Without knowing the roster involved, its hard to say, but you may be able to get there with devoting most of your efforts in that direction for the next day, assuming you can play a lot every 2-3 hours as characters and health packs regen. Unfortunately, without a strong roster, as soon as you break into a threshold where fights get harder by the next level up, you'll essentially be in a shark tank, and maintaining that score will be difficult.

The good news here is that if you are really close this season, then it'll probably come almost automatically next season with the same type of effort. It wasn't even on my radar the first time I got there... I was just fighting along, when along came a 10-pack after a match one day. "I'm there already...? nice!" Then I saved it for 3 seasons so I wouldn't lose characters due to lack of space... so there is that. hah.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depends what your level _is_.

I've been able to sit at about 1900 the last 5 seasons, but I'm guessing you're not fielding a maxed Xforce and Thor.

I'd say push now and just go for it, nothing to lose anyway.
  • Arondite
    Options
    My roster I'm using for pushing is mostly

Astonish Wolverine (94) [5/5/3]-
    He's my low-level shredder. His greenflag.png is there to shred low-health, high priority targets, while redflag.png is reserved to take out healthier, tanky targets. He's also not greedy with the health packs thanks to yellowflag.png, but before a bigger fight if he's not healthy I'll give him one...

Thor** (94) [3/5/5]-
    He tanks redtile.png and yellowtile.png for Wolverine so that I don't have to rely on the mediocre heal on Wolverine's yellowflag.png . This also means he's my main health pack eater, but that's okay because he pairs pretty well with Wolverine by generating so many greentile.png tiles.

Daken** (80) [4/5/4]-
    I'll be honest, he's just here so he can tank the beginning of the fight for some residiual damage against squishy targets and then True Heal off their skills whenever the enemy has enough AP to fire one. The Strike Tiles also don't hurt. Chemical Reaction is ok but it's not really what I use him for, and if he honestly did 0 damage at all I'd probably still use him exactly as I do no - put him in front of a skill that does 1000-1500 and then put him in the back again and watch his health refill.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm currently at 1200 and am seeing rosters similar to yours. Grind away!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    agreed. 1200 level is currently L94 and slightly below 2*'s. once in awhile you'll see L100+ 3*

i started seeing maxed 3*'s around 1500-1600
  • You can get up to 1600 with a 2* roster (if u have lucky matchmaking) I'd go for it. Is a grind for grocket cover worth it? Haven't really been trying this season so i only have 200 something in simulator and need another 900 for grocket cover.
  • Arondite
    Options
    For everyone who provided the motivation for me to try, I just want you guys to know you helped me succeed.

I hit a 4 star wall with only 44 points left before I reached 4000. I hit the only node showing enough points to put me over that I felt I could beat - Thor 94 Daken 166 Devil Dino 270. With full boosts + ap boosts, I edged him out and killed him!

To my dismay, it awarded a mere 32 points despite showing a value of 50. I gave up and resigned myself to not getting the rewards. And then...someone attacked me and I won on defense! Giving me 25 points!

After being attacked a couple more times and losing a few points, I finished the season at 4009 points.
  • Arondite
    Options
    For everyone who provided the motivation for me to try, I just want you guys to know you helped me succeed.

I hit a 4 star wall with only 44 points left before I reached 4000. I hit the only node showing enough points to put me over that I felt I could beat - Thor 94 Daken 166 Devil Dino 270. With full boosts + ap boosts, I edged him out and killed him!

To my dismay, it awarded a mere 32 points despite showing a value of 50. I gave up and resigned myself to not getting the rewards. And then...someone attacked me and I won on defense! Giving me 25 points!

After being attacked a couple more times and losing a few points, I finished the season at 4009 points.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Congrats icon_e_smile.gif

Hope you got something good in that 10 pack!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This. Don't leave us in suspense!
  • Arondite
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This. Don't leave us in suspense!
    Arondite wrote:
    oKS5Ein.png
    wNjQSuq.png

:\
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that's brilliant. You just made my day. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_lol.gif And I thought I got a lot of 2* Torch covers in my 10-packs. Wow.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    That's the best 10 pack I ever saw lol icon_lol.gif

Condolences... but it's still funny icon_lol.gif
  • The odds of that draw are astronomical (if the pack info is to be believed).
  • Arondite
    Options
    Yeap, it was a doozy.
  • n54je1x.jpg
  • Arondite
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    n54je1x.jpg

At a glance I thought the words said "approved"

I was going to say that it made no sense