Double Shot

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I put up an 8 hour shield at 12 am PST, woke up at 8 am PST and got hit for -80 (2 attacks). Tourney ended at 6AM PST so i know my shield was still good. ****? I still came in #1 so whatever but...can someone explain?

Are you certain you actually lost those points? It still shows the attacks and how much you would have lost had you not been shielded.

Yes i am certain, since ive been attacked with shields before and it always says i lost 0. This time it said i lost 80.

Can't verify 100% though since i woke up after the tournament ended.

Nah, when I get hit with shield it shows me how many points the attacker got off me but it's all in white and says shielded on the screen. No points lost.

I know. But it also showed i lost a total of 80 pts at the top of the screen.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

Hopefully just a weird bug from getting the dialog after the tournament ended. But impossible to tell, since you still got #1, and even if you didn't, there'd be no way to tell if you lost a place due to the points, or just by someone passing you by. Maybe IceIX or someone can look into it, if we get some forum presence again.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Bugpop, do you know who won our bracket? I got somewhere in top 5 after shielding for the night the 1817
  • I won my bracket with 1117 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Hope to get another easy one, my spidey could use more covers.
  • I won my bracket with 1117 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I had 1478 and got #12. ...damn you LoL

If you wait to start the tourney until say 16 hours before end, would you get a late bracket?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I won my bracket with 1117 icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you wait to start the tourney until say 16 hours before end, would you get a late bracket?

I won mine, by a decent margin of almost 200 pts at 1116.

As far as joining late, it can help but its still a bit of luck of the draw as to who joins your bracket.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    I won my bracket with 1117 icon_e_biggrin.gif

I won mine, by a decent margin of almost 200 pts at 1116.

As far as joining late, it can help but its still a bit of luck of the draw as to who joins your bracket.

That makes sense. I believe I started the first tourney right away, so that could explain the tough bracket I was in
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

Nah, when I get hit with shield it shows me how many points the attacker got off me but it's all in white and says shielded on the screen. No points lost.

Weird, I guess the only thing to do is report it to support as a potential bug.
  • You definitely want to avoid going into a tournament right away if you want an easy bracket. I usually join mine about 24 hours after the tournament has started and try to pick a time where people in the US are either at work or school. My last bracket had 1st place at about 1100 points and I finished in 5th with about 950. Before shields, first place in my brackets would be about 500-600 points.
  • I definitely feel that joining the tournaments later is better than starting immediately. I started yesterday with around 12 hours left and you could have gotten top 5 if you had more than 600 points. It was easy to climb up with all the people shielding early, there are less chances to get retaliations by being on the battlefield less, and the 30+ point battles are just lying around. But you can't join *too* late because that's when more veteran players that just want ranking rewards come around and gobble up the competition. So, gauge how much time it would take you to climb up to the top, maybe give yourself some extra time to goof off, and move as swift as a coursing river when you are fighting. Reveal your inner Solid Snake and strike before anyone can strike back.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've realized what shields are really for. They're to give those of us for whom a heroic token is no longer worth 100HP (i.e., we have most 2* powers maxed out) something cheaper than 3* cover upgrades to burn HP on!

(I haven't tried it yet. I'm still competing at 2*+ instead of 3* because I've been leveling way too many characters to have a fully viable 3* team.)
  • How can you tell which bracket you're in?
  • Your bracket is everyone that you can potentially see in the "Your rank" and "Top ranked" tabs -- the people against whom you are competing for placement rewards.
  • Your bracket is everyone that you can potentially see in the "Your rank" and "Top ranked" tabs -- the people against whom you are competing for placement rewards.
    Oh okay, thanks Mischief.
  • If anyone comes across me, I'm shielded at 1368. Already got my 1400 so feel free to farm.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    If anyone comes across me, I'm shielded at 1368. Already got my 1400 so feel free to farm.

Exxxxxxxxxxxcellent. Going to start tonight to try to get a weaker bracket. Want my purple spidey
  • Something weird just happened. I just started and got attacked by AlexForquet - he had 894 points!!!
    I lost 0 points and retaliate for 50 points. And then he retaliate and I can do my job one more time and gain 50 points again.
    Why do people do such strange things?
  • I'm at ~1050 or so and shielded, got my bagman out so go hard for the next few hours. My MMR was too high to keep progressing, need to figure a way to drop it by the time my shield wears off hehe.
  • Made it to 1400... don't need any of the rewards, so I'll put in a scrub team for anyone who can find me to beat on.
  • 1395, bagman out, go wild icon_e_smile.gif