Anyone else waiting to redeem Heroic tokens?

Options
Having just returned to MPQ from a long absence, I didn't realize that certain characters were unavailable to be received from Heroic tokens. After reading up (this thread), I got pissed that so many good characters were out of rotation, and then had a hunch. I did some math, and my hunch was correct. Using MM's latest community rankings:
  • Average rank of 3-stars currently available from Heroic tokens: 21.4
  • Average rank of 3-stars currently excluded ("out of rotation"): 17.8
Everybody's situation is different, of course, but generally speaking, it looks to be better to wait at least until the Season X character rotations are announced before you redeem your Heroic tokens/10-packs. I'd expect things to get worse before they get better, though; most likely rotate-outs are LCap (7th), Hulk (13th) and Falcon (19th); most likely rotate-ins are the Season VII characters, which would be DD (28th), HT (16th), Punisher (18th) and Rags (35th). Of course, that assumes they're not reworked, which could change their desirability.

Interested in thoughts. (I may just be **** because I can't get a damn Daken blue...hell, I can't even get a 2* Daken blue.)

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that all I really need are 4* covers and the newest 3* I pretty much just open them as I get them. At this point I'd only save them for a particularly exciting new 3 or 4* that would be entering soon.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Now that all I really need are 4* covers and the newest 3* I pretty much just open them as I get them. At this point I'd only save them for a particularly exciting new 3 or 4* that would be entering soon.
    Really? that's why I don't open them. I had like a dozen 10 packs for FT's release, since nothing really caught my eye after fury's release
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Really? that's why I don't open them. I had like a dozen 10 packs for FT's release, since nothing really caught my eye after fury's release
    Oh, well I saved up a ton too, but once goddess Thor was put in I went ahead and opened them all and haven't bothered saving since then. After this season I'll hopefully have her covered enough I'll go back to saving since the more recent characters don't really do much for me.
  • My completely baseless theory (more an inevitability) is that there will eventually be so many 4*s released that they'll change (increase?) the drop rates of 4*s and 3*s to move the game to be more 4* centric. Especially since they've announced that they will be releasing more 4*s this year. I'm planning on keeping my heroic tokens/packs until this change for a sweet pay-off.

I'm just waiting for this to backfire and them to release a new token type where 4*s are as common as 3*s...
  • I will save mine until Friday when the new season starts if only to get a shot at Cage and Elektra.

None of the 3s I need are likely to rotate out (Grocket, Mystique, Colossus, Gamora, Loki) while Dr Doom is expected to rotate in with a third power.

When I did this last season, I ended up getting 20 2s and 2 4s, including a red Thora.
  • I cash them in as I go but since season rewards, I'll wait and cash in those 10-packs beginning of next season. Hopefully rotation kicks in day before like last month.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't expect to get anything, so I just take the ISO when I can get it. I have a decent enough collection of 3*s that I can run and barring a Thor/Wolverine tournament, I just run xfw and Lady Thor anyway
  • To bad we can't get them to tell us soon what's going in and out of next rotation. I'd really like to know what I'm saving my tokens for, even though I'm saving them if I hear back from them or not. With Doom's new 3rd ability he's definitely going to be coming back but not sure about the others that were taking out during season 7. I don't think Rag will be in this rotation because so far haven't seen any proof of it.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To bad we can't get them to tell us soon what's going in and out of next rotation. I'd really like to know what I'm saving my tokens for, even though I'm saving them if I hear back from them or not. With Doom's new 3rd ability he's definitely going to be coming back but not sure about the others that were taking out during season 7. I don't think Rag will be in this rotation because so far haven't seen any proof of it.
    Punisher should be back in. He's featured on an update of The Hulk PvE token. That's something more for the transitioning folks to look forward to after this season's Patch push.