*** Doctor Doom (Classic) ***

Comments

• Quebbster wrote:
    donietsche wrote:
    Temporal Refuge definitely sounds like a support ability (similar to grant invisibility?)... Hopefully a purple one.

Does anyone know if the good doctor prioritize his black over surgical strike? Because if that's not the case Doom could become x-force's new best pal (as a black feeder, of course).
    Actually I think Temporal Refuge is a Doombot ability too. Stumbled across it in Meet R&G I think.
    But yes, Doom and X-force work well together. icon_e_smile.gif
    Temporral Refuge might be Temporal Warp? Doombot Decoy - 10 blacktile.png Stun target for 3 turns.
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... y:Doombots

I wonder if they actually create multiple duplicate abilities for each character and then see which ones work out in practice.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I can say is that I"m not looking forward to this guy getting a 3rd skill when he's buffed he's failry scary although he would be a nice counter to 4hor as he could race her to blue and turn the rest black thus feeding X-Force.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Just downloaded R68 and the notes mentioned Doom's 3rd ability. It doesn't show in the game yet though.
    Who wants to make guesses?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just downloaded R68 and the notes mentioned Doom's 3rd ability. It doesn't show in the game yet though.
    Who wants to make guesses?

purpletile.png Clever Ruse
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    only thing I worry about with a new power is that it will be something that only deserves 3 ranks because of how his current two powers work. you really want summon demons maxed for more tiles plus the damage. technopathic strike will probably be what divides people on maxing it or leaving at rank 3, but being able to change all blue tiles to black at rank 5 is REALLY nice for feeding summon demons AP.

maybe they'll change some things around on him.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    only thing I worry about with a new power is that it will be something that only deserves 3 ranks because of how his current two powers work. you really want summon demons maxed for more tiles plus the damage. technopathic strike will probably be what divides people on maxing it or leaving at rank 3, but being able to change all blue tiles to black at rank 5 is REALLY nice for feeding summon demons AP.

maybe they'll change some things around on him.
    Unless it's another power on par with loki green, I can't see skimping on technopathic strike. It's the main thing he's used for!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    only thing I worry about with a new power is that it will be something that only deserves 3 ranks
    For me, that's a plus. I'm still 3 covers short of getting Loki where I want him to be, since the new ability needs 5 covers. I'd prefer having to only get 3 new ones for Doom.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    R66 Leak: Doom getting purple power.

Power list is:
    Abilities\DoctorDoomDominance
    Abilities\DoctorDoomElectrifiedPunch
    Abilities\DoctorDoomSummonDemons
    Abilities\DoctorDoomTemporalRefuge
    which is pre-R66.

I think it will be Temporal Refuge.
    So with all the choices will it just be a 3rd ability or a rework of blue as well? I like the sound of electrified Punch for doom. He should be powerful on offense. Maybe he will get a 3rd ability and a change to blue. Maybe electrified punch will charge purple and black like 4thor and then he will still have summon demons, and a purple ability?

Hopefully we will find out next week.
  • turul
    As i told, it will be purpletile.png Clever Ruse (R58 leak)
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

That costs x and does y?
  • turul
    ronin-san wrote:
    turul wrote:

That costs x and does y?

Sorry, i cant see ability names and colors only.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    turul wrote:

That costs x and does y?

Sorry, i cant see ability names and colors only.

Purple is a good color for Doom. He will be a good complement to xforce.

Xforce green black yellow
    Doom blue black purple.

Which means they cover 5 colors and only lack red. And doom blue can accelerate Xforce black.

Waiting to see what ability it will be.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    For arguements sake, lets say he gets a purple power, and he's Black/Blue/Purple in tile strength and let's say it's some kind of direct damage skill, how would you build him? Technopathic Strike is a very powerful skill, in fact I dislike that more than Summon Demons. I mean lets say everything stays the same, I'm assuming Summon Demons would scale up to about 200 or so once Dr.D can hit 166 so you would be doing about 1200 per turn maxed, vs. say 800, but now you have a maxed direct damage skill. By Technopathic wrecks the board, kills Daken, and powers up X-Force. Add to this Doom is in the 10200 Health Range and you have a powerhouse coming. This will leave Rags and Bullseye as the only 3 and 2 stars in the 2 skill department.
  • After updating, I found this:

Diabolical Plot
    10 purpletile.png

Doom deals 201 damage to the enemy, plus 201 damage for each of Doom's Trap tiles on the board. Disarms all of Doom's Traps.

(PASSIVE) At the beginning of every turn, Doom places a Purple Trap tile.

Level 2: Doom deals 241 damage plus 241 damage for each of his Traps

My Doom's level is currently 64
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Colognoisseur has a level 140 Doom and his shows 377 damage for each trap at level 1 and 452 damage at level 2.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Hard Simulator, Doom has Diabolical Plot.

Level 223, likely 5 covers.
    Doom deals 1503 damage to the enemy, plus 1503 damage for each of Doom's Trap tiles on the board. Disarms all Traps. And still one Trap per turn, so it looks like all levels will just increase damage.

EDIT: Diabolical Plot killed my maxed Sentry.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Damn...i think doom has just become a player time to level him I suppose.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Dayum. 3/5/5.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Did they nerf his health? The first post says Doom has 8500 health at max level (used to be 140) but Colognoisseur's level 140 Doom only has 7176 health.
  • to bad his traps are created on purple and you need to match purple to cast the ability. I guess it would be too strong if the traps were on random colors