Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Gaaaaa, #26 in the doom round, forgot to put up the shield and got a heroic, which ended up bring bagman

.........sigh
  • So far got 4/5 diabolicals tokens I was trying for. 3 Lokis and a Mag I needed, so not bad haul so far!

1 for 3 here. Overshot and got top 25 in doom and pounded in hood to drop outside top 50. Did get a purple Mags with the diabolical though but my Mags is only 1/1/3.
  • Ghast wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to get top 8 in Doom, and with a 5/3 Doom, guess I need to yield to a Diabolical.

Be careful. During the last Doom round, I tried to get a diabolical and ended up moving up in the ranks without fighting. The people above me had the same idea and yielded until I was pushed up into the top 25.

If you see someone going for a diabolical token by shielding and you want his or her slot, attack that person and then yield. Shielded people can still -gain- points, even if they do not want to.

Haha that's what happened. I was at 27 and forgot to yield one more time (fear of dropping out of 50) and boom, ended up with a black Doom. Oh well, 125 ISO and 25 HP.
  • I'm sorry if I hit anyone during the last Doom. We were trying an experiment in the other thread so I didn't skip anyone.
  • Hey guys, I got back from work an hour ago so I was able to compete only in the last Doom round. Also I don't know much about LR to begin with.
    Anybody please can fill me about how many and which rounds are left? Also, typically which ones are the most competitive and which ones the most quiet to try and grab a diabolical?

Thanks a lot.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I shielded for a diabolical, got it, but the diabolical gave me a Doom too icon_e_sad.gif (i think blue?) (which i have completed)
  • So far got 4/5 diabolicals tokens I was trying for. 3 Lokis and a Mag I needed, so not bad haul so far!

1 for 3 here. Overshot and got top 25 in doom and pounded in hood to drop outside top 50. Did get a purple Mags with the diabolical though but my Mags is only 1/1/3.

Still good. Mine is 3/1/5 right now, but getting top 8 in mags, much less top 2 just seems like it needs lot more luck than it used to so any mags outside of the LR is a huge help.
  • Hey Elementalor,

Seems like you and I are both in the same boat and progressing at similar rate. I remember you from the last LR tourney couple weeks back. Are you still running rag/mag/wolv?

My mag is also 3/1/5. So hard to get top 2 =/
  • doneskis wrote:
    Hey Elementalor,

Seems like you and I are both in the same boat and progressing at similar rate. I remember you from the last LR tourney couple weeks back. Are you still running rag/mag/wolv?

Basically yeah, just much beefier than before since I finished rag last time. But I think I might swap out wolvie for the next one. There are just too many maxed rags running around now.

I'm basically only gunning for mags covers since my doom and rag covers are done and I'm 5/3/1 on hood.
  • doneskis wrote:
    Hey Elementalor,

Basically yeah, just much beefier than before since I finished rag last time. But I think I might swap out wolvie for the next one. There are just too many maxed rags running around now.

I'm basically only gunning for mags covers since my doom and rag covers are done and I'm 5/3/1 on hood.

Nice, I take it back, you are ahead of me in terms of progression. I'm missing a green card for Rag which should be easy to do and your hood is way ahead of mine (3 blue only)
  • doneskis wrote:
    Nice, I take it back, you are ahead of me in terms of progression. I'm missing a green card for Rag which should be easy to do and your hood is way ahead of mine (3 blue only)

Well, to be fair only rags and mags really count. Although I do want to run the Hood someday if for no reason other than fanboyism.
  • Man...why did I have to get red instead of blue in my diabolical yesterday. Would love to never try to place in a mag round again. With this scoring I don't think I can grab a top 8 in a mag round without some major major luck. Between retaliation swapping, starting about 25 min in and last second hits I didn't even crack top 100 lol. Minus 100+ in the last <1 min ftw!
  • Man...why did I have to get red instead of blue in my diabolical yesterday. Would love to never try to place in a mag round again. With this scoring I don't think I can grab a top 8 in a mag round without some major major luck. Between retaliation swapping, starting about 25 min in and last second hits I didn't even crack top 100 lol. Minus 100+ in the last <1 min ftw!

Are you done with red already? It's sooo much luckier to get red from a token, no need to hope for 1-2.

I managed top 8 this time cuz one of the top guys decided he wanted to trade with me for some odd reason.
  • Man, people here are talking about overshooting.

You guys have gotten much stronger.

I'd like to think that I did too, with a 102 Magneto, 77 Ragnarok, and maxed out **

But the last 2 runs I could only get to top 100, while when I had a weaker team I could get diabolicals.

I'm not disparaging the game or anyone. I just feel like **** about my results.
  • That was a tough round got my last red so I will not be a **** and keep going for top prizes just farm the iso. icon_cool.gif
  • Damn dropped out of top50 cause a punk attacked me for -39 with <1min. His score was 100ish.
    Seriously what's the point of that??? icon_e_sad.gif
    Still today was a good day, and the heroic token netted the only OBW cover I missed, so I won't complain icon_cool.gif
    Time to tank the rag round and go get some sleep!

Are you done with red already? It's sooo much luckier to get red from a token, no need to hope for 1-2.

I managed top 8 this time cuz one of the top guys decided he wanted to trade with me for some odd reason.

4/3/4..had to throw out the red last night :/ at least for me, red drops the most from tokens. Gotten 2 blue and 5 red now from diabolical tokens or otherwise...no purple.

I am seriously considering breaking my ban on rag because I am tired of knowing that not using him makes my team look juicy. Wonder how many lvls 45k ISO would give him @ lvl 18... Must...resist...the evil...
  • russnou wrote:
    That was a tough round got my last red so I will not be a **** and keep going for top prizes just farm the iso. icon_cool.gif
    How much do you think your shielding strat helped? I think you did it twice?
  • russnou wrote:
    That was a tough round got my last red so I will not be a **** and keep going for top prizes just farm the iso. icon_cool.gif

Hmm I also noticed its way harder this week to place high, guessing its from 2 weeks of Hulk event so people got to pump up their villains?
  • doneskis wrote:
    russnou wrote:

Hmm I also noticed its way harder this week to place high, guessing its from 2 weeks of Hulk event so people got to pump up their villains?

Yeah, teams this week are definitely way more buff compared to two weeks ago.