Character rankings 12/2013 edition: the results!

Comments

• I'm assuming wolv/rag is better at taking down larger HP targets though that can survive a sniper rifle. I tend to skip rag/hulk teams when im playing rag/widow. I'll fight those with magneto if i have to.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    The 6 red and the 3 green you get for all ap boost, yeah. Sometimes you have to match a couple red or green, but the games almost never take more than a minute, depending on cascades. Widow is probably a little faster depending on the matches you get from thunderclaps. My point is both are good, and I value Wolvie just a little bit more personally.

Oh so you need to use +3 all +3 r/y.

I just go in with +3 r/y and make 1 red match and start the fun with rags/widow.

Don't HAVE to. I usually don't boost at all. But I always try to have 6 red and 3 green ap before I start my chains. Then its easy.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm assuming wolv/rag is better at taking down larger HP targets though that can survive a sniper rifle. I tend to skip rag/hulk teams when im playing rag/widow. I'll fight those with magneto if i have to.

This is absolutely true. Both are good at speed killing, just in a different way.
  • where's the board that helps with lingo and abbreviations?

Nerf bat? meaning Strongest soft punch?
  • Ah sorry. When I say "hit with the nerf bat", I mean that the character was nerfed, meaning that the character used to be stronger and a change was made such that the character is now weaker. (The term "nerf" derives from the foam toys of the same name, which are generally similar to real-world counterparts, but not as dangerous.)

As an example, take Classic Storm. At level 5, her yellow used to do the same damage it does now when the whole team is under 50%, except it did it all the time, AND it gave 6 red AP every time it triggered.
  • As an example, take Classic Storm. At level 5, her yellow used to do the same damage it does now when the whole team is under 50%, except it did it all the time, AND it gave 6 red AP every time it triggered.

But in her case we would say she was smacked upside the head with the nerf bat.

And she's still a good character, hmm... poor Loki.
  • How was loki nerfed, was it his purple?
  • Before my time, but yes, his purple used to be different. Any of the veterans remember what it used to be?

Final installment is up!
  • Very good thread I enjoyed reading each in-depth description on each character and better undersnd how to use some of them.
  • Changedx wrote:
    Thanks for this poll and post! Would you mind updating the (now-closed) Google Doc spreadsheet with the final rankings and best builds once you've revealed them all?

Google doc has been updated with final ranking, average rank, and best build (I guess this should actually be recommended build). Enjoy!
  • Mag is nerfednow.

They fixed the count blue tile only bug, now its the minimal of red and blue.
    It does a lot less damage now due to red tiles usually get destroyed for AP.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Changedx wrote:
    Thanks for this poll and post! Would you mind updating the (now-closed) Google Doc spreadsheet with the final rankings and best builds once you've revealed them all?

Google doc has been updated with final ranking, average rank, and best build (I guess this should actually be recommended build). Enjoy!

I added my green rankings to the green powers page, and included the Hulk. Should I have? And yes, I know this is sort of off topic.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Mag is nerfednow.

They fixed the count blue tile only bug, now its the minimal of red and blue.
    It does a lot less damage now due to red tiles usually get destroyed for AP.

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Whoa, first time reading this thread. I had always ignored it, since the actual rankings wasn't very important to me, but I wondered how it could be generating so many replies.

The write-up is remarkably well done - really good read all around. Thanks for doing this.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Thanks to mischief for compiling the best list of recommended builds that I've seen!

Of course the only build missing is Hulk - is 5/3/5 the concensus at this point?
  • Before my time, but yes, his purple used to be different. Any of the veterans remember what it used to be?

Final installment is up!

It was before my time too, but I remember reading somewhere that it turned X random tiles into purple tiles, which at max rank was some crazy number like 32. So it just cascaded into itself endlessly.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sidlon wrote:
    Of course the only build missing is Hulk - is 5/3/5 the concensus at this point?
    There's no consensus yet, but 5/3/5 is the best. His red power has high potential damage, but too many drawbacks.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dr. Doom's black doesn't use red tiles, it creates Red tiles at least IMO, I'll have to screen shot the next time it comes up, but there was only 1 open red on the board, the rest had strike tiles on them, and Dr. Doom still got his tiles regardless, either it's a bug or I missed something
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Dr. Doom's black doesn't use red tiles, it creates Red tiles at least IMO, I'll have to screen shot the next time it comes up, but there was only 1 open red on the board, the rest had strike tiles on them, and Dr. Doom still got his tiles regardless, either it's a bug or I missed something

I haven't busted doom out in awhile, he is only level 90, but I know for sure it used to be using red tiles. Unless they changed something, in which case I missed the announcement
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Sidlon wrote:
    There's no consensus yet, but 5/3/5 is the best. His red power has high potential damage, but too many drawbacks.

Mine is 5/3/5, level 115. If you go 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 I would still say you're fine. I've even made the argument it could be better that way for the extra 2k damage vs 3 destroyed tiles, but the difference really isn't character breaking one way or the other