7* Living Tribunal
7* Beyonder
8* Infinity
8* Eternity
9* Jarvis
1* Squirrel Girl

A new subset of characters based on the Ultimate universe

A new subset of characters based on the Amalgam universe

PvE events lasting 1 day, with sub-events lasting 3 hours and nodes refreshing every 16 minutes, and 23 different time slices to choose from

Scaling still turned off when events start, then reset to ludicrous speed the next working day in the One True Time Zone

A new record score of 600k in PvP

Any other predictions?

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    400px-34204-550x-Brawl-roster-winner.jpg
  • Since the last thing I predicted was that I'd have no new 4*'s by the end of the Elektra PVE failed spectacularly (I won all three colours, and pulled and IW and an additional Elektra during EotS), I will predict that 2015 will be over before we see Cyclops, Gambit, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) or Iron Patriot.

Furthermore, I believe Devil Dinosaur will be nerfed, IM40's OP abilities will be both weakened and made more expensive, and Ragnarok will lose his red ability.

Characters will be given the potential for a fourth skill, but only OBW will actually receive one. And it will be Surgical Strike. Probably allow you to spend any colour to use it, like an artifact in Magic: The Gathering.

All characters will be vaulted, and Heroic tokens will now contain only She-Hulk, Beast, and Moonstone. This may already be in effect for some of you.

No new 3* characters will be added, and a new 4* will be added each week. The next to appear will be Juggernaut (Piotr Rasputin) and Guido Carosella (Lord of Hell). After that will be Layla Miller (She Knows Stuff). Her only abilities will be a full report of how the game will play out before it happens, and the ability to raise fallen characters (only they're evil now).

Then the whole game will go offline (but only for you) and when it comes back, everyone else will have all the 4*'s maxed, and you'll have mysteriously lost all your blue Hood covers.

Happy New Year!
  • A new goon will be created, the battery. He will create +10 ap every round, and have only passive powers that make him difficult to kill and consume no AP. He will be in every single PVE node beginning in March.

In June, the maximum level for PVE opponents will be raised to 495.

In August, the minimum level for PVE opponents will be raised to 495.

In October, a bug will strike the "Squirrel Girl vs. the World" PVE in which every red match will delete someone from your roster. Players affected will be offered heroic tokens as compensation.

In December, they'll finally introduce the Thing. He'll be a 1*. I will be sad.
  • Rumor:
    4* Hawkeye will be released as a reward for the upcoming game mode "75 day heroic"
    with the following 14 powers

Net arrow
    Boomerang arrow
    Gas pellet arrow
    Glue arrow
    Tickling arrow (featuring feathers on both sides)
    Trick arrow (Arrow turns to hover skateboard for Hawkeye to dazzle his opponents with some sick moves)
    Boxing glove arrow
    Bazooka arrow
    Triple arrow (Arrow splits into 3 parts when you shoot it "Pew Pew Pew!")
    Goop arrow (Arrow fires a " whole bunch of goop!")
    Backwards arrow
    Time travel arrow (For Kang)
    Underwater arrow
    Infinity gem arrows (Arrows for all infinity gems including - Soul Arrow, Power Arrow, Time arrow.... Whatever the other gems are )

Source: http://youtu.be/K9pIhD39b84
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rumor:
    4* Hawkeye will be released as a reward for the upcoming game mode "75 day heroic"
    with the following 14 powers
    Net arrow
    Boomerang arrow
    Gas pellet arrow
    Glue arrow
    Tickling arrow (featuring feathers on both sides)
    Trick arrow (Arrow turns to hover skateboard for Hawkeye to dazzle his opponents with some sick moves)
    Boxing glove arrow
    Bazooka arrow
    Triple arrow (Arrow splits into 3 parts when you shoot it "Pew Pew Pew!")
    Goop arrow (Arrow fires a " whole bunch of goop!")
    Backwards arrow
    Time travel arrow (For Kang)
    Underwater arrow
    Infinity gem arrows (Arrows for all infinity gems including - Soul Arrow, Power Arrow, Time arrow.... Whatever the other gems are )
    Source: http://youtu.be/K9pIhD39b84

Let now forget the all-important Skittles Arrow ^.^
    tumblr_meoiix16DU1rroanco1_1280.jpg

As far as *hopeful* predictions*, I'd love to see more abilities take the AP reserves of both the player and the opponent into consideration. Avengers Assemble! is a good start, and I think Loki's green paves the way for some interesting "punish the enemy for getting a cascade" functionality. I'd love to see a character that has a passive that deals substantial damage to an opponent if the team has 20+ AP in a particular color, for example (then steals AP from that color, perhaps, to avoid it firing off every turn.)
  • The new year will open with a brand spanking new pve event. 6 hour refresh timers will be implemented for the entire 4 day event which will be immediately followed by a full 2 days, yes 2 day, break. Mpq fans will be ecstatic!

The following event will be 49 days long with 1hr refreshes complete with scaling bugs, constricted alliance rewards awarding only the top 25 alliances a new 5*star cover, and no subs to reset the already broken scaling. Mpq fans will not be surprised!
  • Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver because they will be in Avengers 2.

Maybe Mr Fantastic and The thing with the reboot of Fantastics 4.

And I like Blink in new XMen so that could be good too but it's more a personal hope than a prediction.

And Maybe if D3 hear us a new feature i suggested in "suggestion topic" about crafting. If you like it, support it giving a thumb up, we need to have the most posible voices !

Here the link:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21313
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    If Marvel can "nudge" the release of certain characters then I would expect to see:

Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil (yellow), Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ultron, 4* Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Deathlok, and Daisy Johnson (Inhuman).

I would also expect to see Gambit, Star-lord, Drax, Iron Patriot (Osborn), and playable Gorgon. I think we're get another Devil Dino-esque release for the Anniversary like Stan Lee (The Man), Howard The Duck, or Lockjaw.

Bullseye will get a third power, I'm Magic.

Beast will get a rework and not suck (as much).

IW will get a rework and an art change but still suck.

All that aside, 2015 will be known as the Year of the Bag-Man.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    In all seriousness, I see DC releasing too many 4* characters at such a high rate that nobody but the whales who pay to have every color maxed out will be able to compete. At that point, they will begin to see their userbase shrink.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 finally listens to their player-base:
    PVE's run 3 or 5 days.
    PVE refresh rates move to 6 or 8 hours.
    PVE and PVP rewards (for 3* rewards) go to twice as many teams and players
    New characters are no longer released over holidays or season end times.
    Heroic events are never seen again.
    Character balance is addressed, all characters get three abilities, few if any cost more than 14 ap.

Since there are so many characters now:
    All iso rewards doubled.
    All HP rewards doubled.
    All roster slots are capped at 500 HP
    Token drop rates approach 10% for 3*'s, no characters are rotated out.

MMR is fixed.

Peace happens in our time.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    After getting buffed, Beast is nerfed since his new ability is deemed OP when combined with 4* Hate-Monger.

4* Hate-Monger is found to be an insensitive character so removed from the game.

Near the end of Season 21, a fraction of the users are unable to connect ruining their placement. They are told to contact customer service.

In July, PvE points count toward the current season.

Health packs are reduced to 2 in order to promote roster diversity. Forum sees this as a plot to get more money from users.
  • Some of the comments above made me laugh to tears, especially "boxing glove arrow". icon_lol.gif
    ~~~
    I predict:

1. Beast, She-Hulk, IM40, IW (Baglady) and Doom get reworked, and become interesting, viable characters. X-force proved that reworking old chars can sell covers (=$) making reworking bag lady a profitable opportunity.

2. PVE is largely improved by one or several of the following: phasing out heroics, making subs 24 hours, events shortened to 3-4 days, with 4 hour node refreshes.

3. PVE scaling is fixed so that it is no longer a question whether to level up your chars to 166/270 or not out of concern for "not messing up my PVE difficulty".

4. A stretch prediction would be that Hulk also gets a buff to his red (wouldn't it be sweet if Hulk's red was AOE damage, with a 1-turn stun, while retaining the green drain and team self damage?)

5. Wildcard predictions:
    a. is that Jean Grey/Phoenix is released as a new character. icon_twisted.gif
    b. Galactus is introduced, but not as a playable character, rather, either as a Boss fight in some special event type, where you need to do some massive level of damage within a certain fixed number of turns, and/or, (even more wild) like in the arcade game Gauntlet (by Atari) -- how after being inactive in a game for some number of minutes Death/Grim Reaper enters the board and comes after you -- in MPQ when you are inactive in a game for a number of minutes, Galactus enters your match and starts randomly blasting away tiles (like GSBW's sniper rifle) raining chaos on friend and foe alike!
  • Season IX ends 3 hours early
    At least 1 4* released per month.
    Over 45 new characters
    The Release of 5* characters
    PVE scaling still broken
    Leaderboard Error gets fixed then broken after next update
    100 out of top 250 overall season scorers quit
    Cooldown will be known as the IceIX finishing move
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    First off: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you guys are hilarious! icon_lol.gif

Secondly: All joking aside, these folks have highlighted 90% of the problems with this game, but my prediction is that D3 will continue to completely ignore their fans and continue to do whatever the tinykitty they want to do. icon_cry.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taking in account that Marvel always wants to promote their newer or trending properties in their games, I predict the following characters for this year:

4* Ms Marvel (Kamala)
    4* Captain America (Falcon)
    3* Ant-Man
    4* Ultron
    4* Iron Man (Either Iron Patriot or Hulkbuster Armor)

and

3* Gambit, lest the angry mob destroys the world.

Having said that I realise that 2014 was a big missed opportunity to introduce the Winter Soldier, what with the Cap movie and his important role in the Original Sin comic arc.
  • I have one prediction, and it's a safe bet: There will be a lot of complaining on here. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • my predictions:

bag man will will become permanently vaulted and get a fourth skill called "whether it's plastic or sheepskin, i always bag it up" which will sheath all allies in a protective latex shell (no actual effect, only visual) for 22ap. this protective shell will disappear when poked and hilariously not work if put on the wrong way.

R73 will finally bring the new feature "being able to see an event after it ends", a highly sought-after feature by players who open the app

a bug will give give all heroes and villains beasts' blue ability. subsequent "buff all characters" and "all characters are now bottom tier" posts will be made in the forums. d3 will have a coffee and continue working on a 5* elektra.

towards the end of the year a *5 ultron will be released to prepare everyone for the next avengers movie. true to form with the initial releases of xforce and iw, he will be weakly underpowered for a full year leaving most players will a fully covered but unleveled ultron after a few months. as well, he will not be immune to the beast blue bug which surprisingly ranks him at the bottom of mischiefmaker's character thread, even below beast himself.

hp will now be purchasable using iso, but only iso that is directly bought and not earned. to make this more "fun" d3 will implement a fluctuating exchange rate feature for this conversion to make it dynamic like real currency exchanges. the unforseen consequence of this will be that since iso in the game highly outnumbers hp and grows at an even faster rate than hp does, the rate will eventually become 1 hp for 300,000 iso. also unforseen will be that the instability of the russian ruble will also affect this exchange rate.

happy 2015 everyone!