*** Doctor Doom (Classic) ***

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Specifically when you use technopathic strike.

Arms don't go that way. Victor von Doom has normal arms.

Please fix this.
  • This probably isn't news to all of you, but I tell you for a guy with no direct-damage abilities that Dr. Doom is one nasty fella when he's maxed-out.

I'm running him with a 4/5/4 two-star Magneto and a 5/3/5 two-star Wolverine. It's all about those wicked demons of Doom's. They can take some time to set up, but with Magneto's purple ability everything chains really nicely into Doom's blue and black powers. If I can get all six of his demon tiles out it is OVER.
  • Totally agreed with you. He's really dangerous especially when Doom summon Demon, it's really scared me off. icon_twisted.gif
    Currently I have 2 black cover of his, rest assured that once i have max other characters will definitely try to get him during lighting rounds.
  • Doom should definitely use green tiles over purple...I get black and blue...but this purple tile business makes no sense plus I'd have all the colors covered with him c.mag n hood
  • Doom should definitely use green tiles over purple...I get black and blue...but this purple tile business makes no sense plus I'd have all the colors covered with him c.mag n hood

You realize classic Mags match colors are red, blue, and yellow right?
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Doom should definitely use green tiles over purple...I get black and blue...but this purple tile business makes no sense plus I'd have all the colors covered with him c.mag n hood

I wasn't done...and change c.mags blue to purple
  • Good save!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    entropic01 wrote:
    Doom should definitely use green tiles over purple...I get black and blue...but this purple tile business makes no sense plus I'd have all the colors covered with him c.mag n hood

I wasn't done...and change c.mags blue to purple
    This, so much. I always felt that the characters main colors would match their outfits for the most part. Would have been more interesting in the color selections and black would probably be a much better color when it came to Widow and IM40.
  • For the most iconic villain in the entire Marvel universe, his TWO skills are weak.

Doom is vastly underrated and it's a shame. This isn't just some Joe Shmoe, this is THE Megavillian, the best of the best and he deserves more.
  • His skills doesn't look weak at all. BUT it's true that he's most iconic villain - I rmb when I was young his name pop out frequently.
    And he should have 3 ability instead of 2.
    His Blue Ability definitely one of the best skill, at level 5, he can change all Blue to Black. this is crazy skill and not forgetting his 2nd ability is black which work really well.
    Once his blue ability is out, his demon will be out within a turn or latest the 2nd turn. If only his black ability doesn't only affect the red tiles. icon_e_smile.gif

If only I got his Blue ability...I want his blue so much.. icon_cry.gif
  • Can we please take his demons off red tiles?

Red tiles are far, far too crowded as it is and it takes so long to get 12 black AP they are very likely to be full already
  • No, covering red tiles is a strategy on it´s own. It´d be nice if people picked Daken for the express purpose of screwing over Dr. Doom. The issue is that a) Wolverine is better at everything than Daken. b) Dr.Dooms attack tiles aren´t the best "occupant" of red tiles - thats Wolverines strike tiles.

Dr. Doom needs to have the highest spot on the red tile occupation priority chart (of equally or lower tiered chars, a 4* can be even better) for his moveset to make sense. Daken can take the last spot IF he is the most reliable at covering them first. Nerfing Wolverines Feral Claws might accomplish both.

Another idea would be to make strike tiles work as percentage instead of a flat bonus. Just try to calculate what % of an attack they provide right now!
  • As Doom is one of my high level 3*, I've tested him with my duo combo of punisher and hulk, and I have to admit that the team combination actually works rather well. Combining Doom and punisher allows you to feed black fairly well, and gives you the option of dealing team damage or getting attack tiles out fast, which can be beneficial compared to waiting some turns for one to spawn while strike tiles are out.

So while he may be a one trick pony character, he is definitely really good at what he does.
  • Daken and Wolverine is a good counter to doom. The attack tiles only get created if there are red tiles available to place them.
  • Emotive wrote:
    For the most iconic villain in the entire Marvel universe, his TWO skills are weak.

Doom is vastly underrated and it's a shame. This isn't just some Joe Shmoe, this is THE Megavillian, the best of the best and he deserves more.

Magneto would like to have a word with you. Nothing says evil like a Megalomaniac Jew fresh out of the holocaust in a red helmet and pinkish tights. Also, the phrase buff as tinykitty comes to mind. Welcome to die>welcome to doom. That said, I would be willing to put doom as a solid #2. Also, magneto has redeeming qualities..doom..not so much.

As for doom's colors...why not give him black blue purple but make his last ability color green? Mag and greysuit work like that with thier colors already. One of my main reasons for using doom is lost if he does turn purple into a decent hitting color for magneto. Also, if mag lost any color, it would be his yellow and not his blue. Still not sure where the yellow came from.
  • Can't magneto like kill you with the iron in your blood or some craziness? I think they are both pretty badass. Both are favorites in game and out. I think Doctor Dooms tiles are awesome. My Doom is only at lvl 75 and they do insane damage, especially while spidey can still stun lock.
  • Emotive wrote:
    For the most iconic villain in the entire Marvel universe, his TWO skills are weak.

Magneto would like to have a word with you. Nothing says evil like a Megalomaniac Jew fresh out of the holocaust in a red helmet and pinkish tights. Also, the phrase buff as tinykitty comes to mind. Welcome to die>welcome to doom. That said, I would be willing to put doom as a solid #2. Also, magneto has redeeming qualities..doom..not so much.

As for doom's colors...why not give him black blue purple but make his last ability color green? Mag and greysuit work like that with thier colors already. One of my main reasons for using doom is lost if he does turn purple into a decent hitting color for magneto. Also, if mag lost any color, it would be his yellow and not his blue. Still not sure where the yellow came from.

Magneto is an anti-hero, his background origin like you mentioned even hints to it (unless you're anti-semetic).

Doom is pure evil.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Emotive wrote:

Magneto is an anti-hero, his background origin like you mentioned even hints to it (unless you're anti-semetic).

Doom is pure evil.

I think you are getting confused on the meaning of an antihero maybe?prprob not..most likely just a diff of view). Most evil has logic behind it. Even Hitler's war was an attempt to bring Germany up by the bootstraps after world war 1 as the original basis in part which wasn't an awful endeavor on its own. I wouldnt go so far as to say mag is a anti-hero, sometimes he is maybe, but usually he is just a badguy who you understand the motives of. An anti hero is a hero who isn't the goodie goodie altruistic and unrealistic hero...like the punisher...but still follows certain codes such as not hurting innocents for no reason etc.. I did agree that magneto has redeeming qualities while doom really doesn't.. I understand if ppl like doom.more due to the more illogical evil aspect to him (its pure revenge vs. Magneto's revenge being more "I won't let that ever happen again" than "crazy horrible psycho"...though they bleed together often). Magneto is still definently a villain as much as someone like an ozymandius or lex (despite his new comic role).

At the very least...(classic) magneto is a villian while you can argue for (marvel now) magneto and some other iterations being an anti-hero as he is playing a goodguy (for now) or neutral role by then.

P.s- Jew is one of those unfortunate words where no matter the context it always sounds angry and/or hateful to say it or something lol.

Mhee...semantic. still love me some doom.
  • I think DDD had the idea if anti-hero at a reasonable understanding. (Sorry if I'm clashing with the comics again but as y'all know I'm 1 of those despicable "movie watchers" haha!) Magneto is a villain yes but he sees himself as a hero of mutants. In his mind the humans are the villains and he is a righteous protector of all mutants so to speak. If my wording was bad I think you get my meaning. This was a harder one for me to phrase properly.
  • I think DDD had the idea if anti-hero at a reasonable understanding. (Sorry if I'm clashing with the comics again but as y'all know I'm 1 of those despicable "movie watchers" haha!) Magneto is a villain yes but he sees himself as a hero of mutants. In his mind the humans are the villains and he is a righteous protector of all mutants so to speak. If my wording was bad I think you get my meaning. This was a harder one for me to phrase properly.

It's a very 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter' type deal with Magneto.