Question About Event Signups

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So... I've noticed you can sign up for an event ahead of time OR just jump right in if the event has already started.

Is there any difference between signing up ahead of time vs. waiting for an event to begin?

When you sign up ahead of time are you actually being placed into a group of players with whom you are competing against in the event? Or is who you are playing with determined after fighting the first battle?

I hope I'm making sense here... just trying to figure out if it is any better to sign up ahead of time or to just wait until the event begins... or if it doesn't really matter.

Thoughts appreciated. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• I believe you get put into a bracket after signing up. Better to wait until you are ready to play.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah you can pre join, but I would not recommend it. Ended up having 4 people at like 2.5k+ lay event when I pre joined
  • Thanks for the responses. I will definitely wait to join, as it sounds like a better method.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I will definitely wait to join, as it sounds like a better method.

The 'better method' is pretty situational. I join brackets wayyy ahead of time, and rarely begin playing until at least a day has passed. Doing this makes the subsequent climb to 600ish+ much faster, as everyone already gives roughly 35 - 40 points.

However, I tend to just aim for 600 - 650 in PvP, and don't really care where I place as long as it's T100 most of the time. If you're looking to hit 1100 progression or T10, then that may not be the way to go.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My husband and I sign up in advance. We usually do it at different times for the same end time. However, we start all PVP events together and it is rare for us not to get in the same bracket. This leads me to believe that signing up in advance is unrelated to your event bracket.

Then there was the time that we accidentally picked ending times 12 hours apart. Yep, I felt dumb.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For PVP you can pick your end time early or late there is not much of a difference. For PVE if you are planing on starting the event right away when it opens go ahead and pick ahead of time. If you are planing on starting a 12 hours later or longer wait till you are ready to play. Since you get placed into a bracket right away you can be seriously behind in PVE if you pick a slice and don't start. PVP is not that big of a deal.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Since you get placed into a bracket right away you can be seriously behind in PVE if you pick a slice and don't start. PVP is not that big of a deal.

This makes a lot of sense and is great to keep in mind. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • No, once you join the event, your thrown into a bracket with 3k for 1st place and no chance of catching up. I don't mind the event sign ups it's best for everyone, but once you in sign, you shouldn't be thrown into a crazy bracket where the top leader, has 4k in points. Just my thoughts.