*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

1394042444547

Comments

  • ronin_sanronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    6800 HP is low HP now? I always figured it was average... Well, maybe low average now with 8500 being high average. Low HP is less than 6000 at max level - GSBW, Hood and so on.
    I have had lots of success pairing DD with Patch so Patch tanks red. Makes it easy to collect red and trigger Ambushes. I feel that is quite appropriate for a street level hero like Daredevil - he can't anchor a team, but he can provide nice support.

    I think we could be well suited with 7k+ (but not quite tank-light 8500) HP characters. I think DD would survive a lot longer if he had that HP.

    OR

    How about Radar Sense drops a protect tile if no enemy tiles are on the board? Damage mitigation is the new HP buff.
  • Yeah i almost agree with that.

    I would not up his HP but his purple attack should cost only 9 but i'm using it with patchy's green and it's a wonderfull combo : ) and we could be able to place the red trap ourself. And the blue is enough good don't need to be changed.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    How about Radar Sense drops a protect tile if no enemy tiles are on the board? Damage mitigation is the new HP buff.
    That's a very nice idea actually.
  • FulgrenFulgren Age Unconfirmed Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I really think Daredevil's proper place in anyone's roster is around level 94sh. He's not PVP all-star caliber at all, because drop-kicking people with red is just way too inconsistent, plus it gets overwritten so easily. I would never play DD as my primary red user.

    I think he has a niche spot on PVE against Goons who spam attack tiles, like the Hand ninjas. His stun baton & purple power don't require levels to be effective, and staggering blues can keep everyone in stunlock hell. With Patch, you can come close to insta-killing someone using Berserker Rage.
  • wiriuswirius Age Unconfirmed Posts: 667
    Fulgren wrote:
    I really think Daredevil's proper place in anyone's roster is around level 94sh. He's not PVP all-star caliber at all, because drop-kicking people with red is just way too inconsistent, plus it gets overwritten so easily. I would never play DD as my primary red user.

    I think he has a niche spot on PVE against Goons who spam attack tiles, like the Hand ninjas. His stun baton & purple power don't require levels to be effective, and staggering blues can keep everyone in stunlock hell. With Patch, you can come close to insta-killing someone using Berserker Rage.

    And this is exactly the problem I see. The goal of a rework is to make your new character as close to tier 1 as possible. Arguably, he's a tier 2-3 character (Not trash tier any longer). I like his abilities, and I think the tweak that is needed is he just needs to be around longer to see the payoff. At this point, 1k health seems to be a good boost for ol DD, and I feel would put him in a solid tier 2, borderline tier 1. That's a nice place to be.

    Niche characters work in a game where champions are released rapidly and relatively simple to obtain. In MPQ, in which it takes months to max out a character cover wise, then iso wise, having a niche ability is fine, but being a niche character is awful.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    How about Radar Sense drops a protect tile if no enemy tiles are on the board? Damage mitigation is the new HP buff.
    That's a very nice idea actually.

    Daredevil is not a defensive character, he just use mistakes of his ennemies to take advantage in the fight. Then i would prefer trap tile like black ability of Elektra but with purple ^^
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,467 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    It sounds like people are having lots of fun with DD. I had my DD at 5/3/5, but just got a blue and will respec him to 3/5/5, why? Well style prefernce. While the DD patch combo is fun, Ambush being in 4 match territory really makes me not want to go there. I many times with Blade have his purple sitting at 9, but if I get into some serious PvE fights I think 3/5/5 DD will serve me better because of the fact it cannot destroy CD tiles. If Ambush allowed you to destroy those then I would 100% say 5/3/5 is the best build but the fact you can really lock someone down with Billy Club is why I'm going there, that 3 blue AP return on match is awesome. I can use the skill, stun for 2 turns, and if I can match the tile, I just got 6 blue, get 3 more and I can lock down again anyway this is what I see


    5/3/5---PvP
    3/5/5---PvE

    For me though its about matching red and blue with DD, and triggering red as well as stunning, I'm going to play him as control because having a backup Captain America is nice


    It's not just style preference. It's also who you're running DD with. If you've maxed out Patch's Green, you're best maxing DD's purple. It'll nullify their strike tiles. And with the advent of protect-spammers like Magneto, Falcon, or even to counter Blade/Daken's 2-strike-tiles-a-turn tinykitty, DD's purple pays dividends.

    Further, when I pair DD with Doom and XFW, I want DD to use RED and Purple vs Blue. Blue feeds Black which brings death.

    In the sims, DD purple became a support option for my 535 Patch. As the scaling has reached Deadly level, it was impossible to kill off the Gorgon, Rag or any ally with one shot. So DD purple became a winner, as he is able to clear 5 purple strike tiles. After i clear away the opp strike tiles, my match dmg hits 2k, and that helped a lot in those long games.

    I didn't even have to level him (kept him at level 67), and yet his purple was useful in Deadly Sims.

    While blue is an all-rounder skill for pvp and pve, I don't think i will ever sub him over Lcap. So i am going to keep my DD at 535 for pve purpose.
  • DauthiDauthi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    His red can do a crazy amount of damage, and instills more fear, if anything, in pvp. If they match it you take a good amount of damage, if you match it you take a lot of damage. It makes reds untouchable still while making you take damage, brilliant. I think this is a top tier red to add to a team that needs one.

    His purple used to be a game changer, if they hit it, you essentially took all their ap. Now it is situational, which IMO is a nerf, but not too bad since it does do moderate damage if used in those situations.

    His blue can permastun one target, which can be valuable for end game or 1v1s. Definitely a huge buff here.

    Overall, I would say he is useable now if you need red, thanks to the buff, but the buff to blue and nerf to purple kinda canceled each other out.
    I would say purple is a big buff. It was too difficult to get the enemy to match all the trap tiles and now his purple does solid damage and removes special tiles. He can be Anti tile generator with Purple, He can be like Lcap with red and his blue can regularly be used.

    I disagree. His purple is only good in specific situations or pairings. His old trap purple was extremely unlikely to get overwritten since it was put on a random color, and extremely scary when played against. When maxed it stole 6 of every color, that ends the game. It wasn't unlikely to be hit either because of this. I would say 50% of the time after dropping it, it would be hit. I would take a 50% game ender vs a situational ability any day.

    That being said, I am keeping his purple at 5 because cap can do daredevil stuns but better. Retaining Daredevil's specialty (removing opposing special tiles) is something important and differentiating from Cap.
  • IReallyHatePVPIReallyHatePVP Age Unconfirmed Posts: 254
    Something else I noted on the last run of Oscorp Heroic.

    icon_daredevil.png 's new purpleflag.png makes him more than a match for DA's icon_bullseye.png ; just match all the purpletile.png you can, generating all the enemyprotect.png possible, then fire off purpleflag.png Radar Sense for a Bullseye-d OHKO!

    Kudos to D3 for getting this matchup so close to the comics! icon_e_ugeek.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • uuddlrlruuddlrlr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Is DD's 5red the most damaging single-target spell? It should be in the top3 at least, no? (just doing damage/AP)
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    Is DD's 5red the most damaging single-target spell? It should be in the top3 at least, no? (just doing damage/AP)
    lol no. Fury blue, surgical,Cage yellow, xforce, goddess red, etc etc. Most don't require the AI to match a specific color it might not need and most can't be stuck in a tile by the corner the entire match.
  • uuddlrlruuddlrlr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 93 Match Maker
    ark123 wrote:
    uuddlrlr wrote:
    Is DD's 5red the most damaging single-target spell? It should be in the top3 at least, no? (just doing damage/AP)
    lol no. Fury blue, surgical,Cage yellow, xforce, goddess red, etc etc. Most don't require the AI to match a specific color it might not need and most can't be stuck in a tile by the corner the entire match.

    Oh, I forgot about the 4**** (because they're practically inaccessible to me)
    So if we exclude the 4****, DD's 5 Red should rank high on pure damage numbers, right? top3? (excluding the practical aspect of actually dealing that damage during a fight)

    Cage yellow stats at max don't seem to be out yet
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I love new Ambush. I even used it successfully against Daken, both the 2* and 3* versions: 2* creates one red strike tile on a green match and 3* creates two. Of course stunning them with Billy Club helps a lot. It's a very AP-efficient skill, because even if you only manage to match it twice, it's 6k of damage for 8 AP, and if the AI matches it, it is often enough to oneshot/cripple an enemy. I definitely recommend it against goons, at the very least, and all teams that don't have an easy way of overwriting red tiles (i.e. not Psylocke, Daken, A.Wolvie, Doom, 4or).
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    I definitely recommend it against goons, at the very least
    Never thought I'd see the day where ole Bagdevil would be a recommended Character for goon nodes lol.
  • kensterrkensterr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    I love new Ambush. I even used it successfully against Daken, both the 2* and 3* versions: 2* creates one red strike tile on a green match and 3* creates two. Of course stunning them with Billy Club helps a lot. It's a very AP-efficient skill, because even if you only manage to match it twice, it's 6k of damage for 8 AP, and if the AI matches it, it is often enough to oneshot/cripple an enemy. I definitely recommend it against goons, at the very least, and all teams that don't have an easy way of overwriting red tiles (i.e. not Psylocke, Daken, A.Wolvie, Doom, 4or).

    While I do like the new Daredevil I think Billy Club is stronger. Billy Club has saved me more times than not and Ambush at level 3 is still good at removing tiles. There's 2 things I don't like about Ambush. 1) it doesn't destroy CD or trap tiles, 2) it costs 10 AP to me that's really expensive. Plus it's 2870 vs. 1253 and that's assuming you have 5 tiles out. Its 417 vs 574 per tile from lvl 3 to 5 vs giving up 1 one less timer on blue, 1 less stun and an extra AP on match. To me not going 5 blue is worse than not going 5 purple, plus we have Squirrel Girl who, while not destroying the tiles like DD does a lot more damage and her's costs 9
  • KolenceKolence Posts: 696 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I love new Ambush. I even used it successfully against Daken, both the 2* and 3* versions: 2* creates one red strike tile on a green match and 3* creates two. Of course stunning them with Billy Club helps a lot. It's a very AP-efficient skill, because even if you only manage to match it twice, it's 6k of damage for 8 AP, and if the AI matches it, it is often enough to oneshot/cripple an enemy. I definitely recommend it against goons, at the very least, and all teams that don't have an easy way of overwriting red tiles (i.e. not Psylocke, Daken, A.Wolvie, Doom, 4or).

    While I do like the new Daredevil I think Billy Club is stronger. Billy Club has saved me more times than not and Ambush at level 3 is still good at removing tiles. There's 2 things I don't like about Ambush. 1) it doesn't destroy CD or trap tiles, 2) it costs 10 AP to me that's really expensive. Plus it's 2870 vs. 1253 and that's assuming you have 5 tiles out. Its 417 vs 574 per tile from lvl 3 to 5 vs giving up 1 one less timer on blue, 1 less stun and an extra AP on match. To me not going 5 blue is worse than not going 5 purple, plus we have Squirrel Girl who, while not destroying the tiles like DD does a lot more damage and her's costs 9
    Nice analysis. Only thing is, Ambush is the redflag.png one. icon_razz.gif
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I love new Ambush. I even used it successfully against Daken, both the 2* and 3* versions: 2* creates one red strike tile on a green match and 3* creates two. Of course stunning them with Billy Club helps a lot. It's a very AP-efficient skill, because even if you only manage to match it twice, it's 6k of damage for 8 AP, and if the AI matches it, it is often enough to oneshot/cripple an enemy. I definitely recommend it against goons, at the very least, and all teams that don't have an easy way of overwriting red tiles (i.e. not Psylocke, Daken, A.Wolvie, Doom, 4or).

    While I do like the new Daredevil I think Billy Club is stronger. Billy Club has saved me more times than not and Ambush at level 3 is still good at removing tiles. There's 2 things I don't like about Ambush. 1) it doesn't destroy CD or trap tiles, 2) it costs 10 AP to me that's really expensive. Plus it's 2870 vs. 1253 and that's assuming you have 5 tiles out. Its 417 vs 574 per tile from lvl 3 to 5 vs giving up 1 one less timer on blue, 1 less stun and an extra AP on match. To me not going 5 blue is worse than not going 5 purple, plus we have Squirrel Girl who, while not destroying the tiles like DD does a lot more damage and her's costs 9
    Nice analysis. Only thing is, Ambush is the redflag.png one. icon_razz.gif

    Ha, lol. Please replace Ambush with Radar Sense icon_redface.gif
  • john1620bjohn1620b Age Unconfirmed Posts: 367
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    While I do like the new Daredevil I think Billy Club is stronger. Billy Club has saved me more times than not and Ambush at level 3 is still good at removing tiles. There's 2 things I don't like about Ambush. 1) it doesn't destroy CD or trap tiles, 2) it costs 10 AP to me that's really expensive. Plus it's 2870 vs. 1253 and that's assuming you have 5 tiles out. Its 417 vs 574 per tile from lvl 3 to 5 vs giving up 1 one less timer on blue, 1 less stun and an extra AP on match. To me not going 5 blue is worse than not going 5 purple, plus we have Squirrel Girl who, while not destroying the tiles like DD does a lot more damage and her's costs 9
    Having played with a 5/3/5 since his buff, I agree with every one of Phaserhawk's points. There are too many conditionals for purpleflag.png , and blueflag.png is pretty much useful all the time. 3/5/5 is definitely his best build in my mind now.
Sign In or Register to comment.