Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• Moon Roach wrote:
    Elektra, Shadow Step. Completely negates the damage that would be done by Strength In Numbers. It just takes a little timing.

If ever there was a time grinding like a loon for top #10 was well worth the effort, getting 2 Elektra covers in Prodigal Sun was it.

I've been feeling quite the opposite actually. I made top 5 in my bracket (nearly burning out on the game as a result), plus the alliance cover, so have a 2/1/1 Elektra. After using her through her PVP, and through this, I'm feeling like her name should instead be Elektra (Unplayable). She's Baglady 2.0 as far as I'm concerned. I could have enjoyed life a lot more, and gotten a single cover to do essentials. Now, some of this could be that I'm speaking from a place where I have a maxed icon_blackpanther.png and fully covered XF icon_wolverine.png , but I can't see a reason to use her. She's equally as vulnerable to tiles being overwritten as icon_daredevil.png was prior to his reboot. And in this one, goons drop black and red countdowns, and aren't laying down any strike tiles to steal.

At least the wave nodes are an interesting take on PVE. And they provide enough points that by doing a single clear and then hitting the waves 2-3 times in the next day, I've been keeping top 300 for the token in each sub, and sometimes higher.
  • I'd much prefer to have a guest Gorgon on the team instead of Elektra. They cover exactly the same colors and they can even charge you health packs to heal him so you don't get a free ride, and while having Elektra is a much bigger advantage due to availability I'd certainly much prefer to be able to play even a 3/3/3 Gorgon compared to a 5/5/5 Elektra.
  • Vankysher wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Enemy of the State gave me Hood Blue, therefore this event is best event ever

EDIT: Didn't realize there were essentials tucked away to the right on hand fortress.....

Thanks for pointing out those essential nodes as I completely missed out on them until now with 4 hrs left in my sub icon_redface.gif

If I had a dollar for the number of times I missed nodes because they don't all show up on my phone screen/pop up in a weird order when you do other nodes....icon_razz.gif
  • fmftint wrote:
    The amount of points in the marathon nodes is rediculously high. Huge advantage to anyone that can clear, nevermind multiclears at sub end. I seem to widen my lead by 1-2k each time a sub finishes. There's no taking the foot off the gas at the end even with a 10k+ lead because of it tho. That gets eaten away fast with 4k+ individual nodes
    yeah, i was hoping to cruise the rest of the way to a T10 finish, I'm 4th in your bracket. but with so many points up in the air it's no rest for the weary

Yep been watching ya down there. As far as points up for grab, I almost achieved enough for the max progression reward in that last sub. In this one it looks like missing 2 clears could just about drop you out of top 10 from a 10k lead. Not even rubber band, just straight up point gains.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Like I said earlier, its sad that Caltrops is better than Daredevil's traps have ever been, lol.

That's like saying Threaten is better than Battleplan. Caltrops, being an enemy only ability, is not meant to be remotely fair compared to abilities you can use.
    With how spamy it is, it's almost like a piecemeal demolition
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Elektra, Shadow Step. Completely negates the damage that would be done by Strength In Numbers. It just takes a little timing.

If ever there was a time grinding like a loon for top #10 was well worth the effort, getting 2 Elektra covers in Prodigal Sun was it.

I've been feeling quite the opposite actually. I made top 5 in my bracket (nearly burning out on the game as a result), plus the alliance cover, so have a 2/1/1 Elektra. After using her through her PVP, and through this, I'm feeling like her name should instead be Elektra (Unplayable). She's Baglady 2.0 as far as I'm concerned. I could have enjoyed life a lot more, and gotten a single cover to do essentials. Now, some of this could be that I'm speaking from a place where I have a maxed icon_blackpanther.png and fully covered XF icon_wolverine.png , but I can't see a reason to use her. She's equally as vulnerable to tiles being overwritten as icon_daredevil.png was prior to his reboot. And in this one, goons drop black and red countdowns, and aren't laying down any strike tiles to steal.

At least the wave nodes are an interesting take on PVE. And they provide enough points that by doing a single clear and then hitting the waves 2-3 times in the next day, I've been keeping top 300 for the token in each sub, and sometimes higher.

Interesting viewpoint on Elektra. I agree she's yet another niche character, but having even 1 black has made her usable and indeed useful instead of a **** liability in her essential nodes. And I'm talking from Wolveroach's 2* roster perspective here. It's the difference sometimes between a win and a loss, and can also mean fewer health packs needed at the end of a marathon.
  • I think Meteor Hammer is literally setup to make Shadow Step look actually useful. Unfortunately that's pretty much the only move Shadow Step is good for.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I think Meteor Hammer is literally setup to make Shadow Step look actually useful. Unfortunately that's pretty much the only move Shadow Step is good for.
    I've used it on plenty Debilitating Slashes. Worst part is trying to keep a match of hers on the board for when you want to use it
  • fmftint wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I think Meteor Hammer is literally setup to make Shadow Step look actually useful. Unfortunately that's pretty much the only move Shadow Step is good for.
    I've used it on plenty Debilitating Slashes. Worst part is trying to keep a match of hers on the board for when you want to use it

Does Shadow Step negates the AP drain? Debiliating Slash isn't exactly that hard hitting even at very high levels. The biggest problem is losing the 5 AP which can completely screw up your plans.
  • ....wait, no. Points. High points.

...stupid cold medicine...

It looks like I'm going to easily bust 200K before my slice ends in a little over 14 hours.

I know it's hard with the leaderboards going down almost immediately after the event ends, but what did you others in the earlier slices see for scores/Top scores?

Anyone over 200K right now?

Post, Plz K Thxs.

It looks like I'm going to easily bust 200K before my slice ends in a little over 14 hours.

I know it's hard with the leaderboards going down almost immediately after the event ends, but what did you others in the earlier slices see for scores/Top scores?

Post, Plz K Thxs.

I have 288K right now and the final sub just started on my time slice (I picked the last one).
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    ....wait, no. Points. High points.

Post, Plz K Thxs.

I've got a small lead on my bracket at 320k with five hours to go - I should end at over 350k.
  • Anyone in earlier slices got into top 10 without an Elektra cover?
    I'm on the last slice (23 hours to go) and hanging between top 11-16. I'm grinding like a mad man
    but slowly loosing hope for top 10. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    rossfoss wrote:
    Anyone in earlier slices got into top 10 without an Elektra cover?
    I'm on the last slice (23 hours to go) and hanging between top 11-16. I'm grinding like a mad man

I think you are going to have a very hard time - last sub has a node worth 5000+ depending on your rubber band with elektra essential, which is about 1/3 of the points in the sub.
  • Phantron wrote:

On contrary, I think Elektra can be really good PvE focused character against any single target abilities goons. Though Tommy guns and Flamethrowers will just kill rest of team, so I'm unsure if it's worth leveling character for such niche. And her Doublecross really need a flag for AI 'Do not use if there are no enemystrike.png'.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    rossfoss wrote:
    Anyone in earlier slices got into top 10 without an Elektra cover?

We've got a guy who's gunning for top 10 without Elektra, he's currently on 151k. A mighty performance, with only 2* OBW, Daken, Wolverine and Bullseye (!) maxed. He usually lucks into a quiet bracket / slice.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nivrax wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

On contrary, I think Elektra can be really good PvE focused character against any single target abilities goons. Though Tommy guns and Flamethrowers will just kill rest of team, so I'm unsure if it's worth leveling character for such niche. And her Doublecross really need a flag for AI 'Do not use if there are no enemystrike.png'.
    I think ELEKTRA might be the first 4* PVE character. While under covered and under leveled she goes great with she-hulk. She-hulk takes the CD tiles and turns them into strike tiles. Then ELEKTRA turns the one enemy strike tile into another greak strike tile for you. While you build up ELEKTRA you can use she hulks red, but once Elekra gets leveled and covered her red wil probably do more damage. It is a fun combo to play for me right now with only 1 purpleflag.png ELEKTRA cover
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nivrax wrote:
    Though Tommy guns and Flamethrowers will just kill rest of team, so I'm unsure if it's worth leveling character for such niche.
    If the end result is two of your team going down, I don't think this is a niche worth exploring.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know what the alliance score for rank 100 is right now? Thanks!

Post, Plz K Thxs.

I finished slice 1 this morning with a nice lead somewhere around 350k. I only saw 1 score that beat this by a little bit in the top 10 for the event, so not too shabby.

I hit it hard to finish my patch, figuring as long as I nabbed a yellow I was golden, but then work kept cancelling and I ended up with a slam dunk instead. Its sick what you have to do to compete for #1 in these events tho. Nearly 1/3 of my life during the event run time was devoted to the PVE. On the upside, it likely helped in finding a decent alliance.