Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Is there a strategy to place higher in the Rag rounds? I just want top 25 so I can raise the little guy (2/1) to an effective level. I barely got a diabolical token during last night's match and that was with a 102 C. Magneto and a 94 Doom.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Is there a strategy to place higher in the Rag rounds? I just want top 25 so I can raise the little guy (2/1) to an effective level. I barely got a diabolical token during last night's match and that was with a 102 C. Magneto and a 94 Doom.

Play quickly. I got first with a 100 mag, 64 doom, and 60 rag. Mag is the key
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Is there a strategy to place higher in the Rag rounds? I just want top 25 so I can raise the little guy (2/1) to an effective level. I barely got a diabolical token during last night's match and that was with a 102 C. Magneto and a 94 Doom.

Totally agreed. Mags allows those 13k guys to get dropped in one shot with his purple. I was top 8 with 66 Rags, 66 Mags and 61 Doom. I got my last Rags Red last night.
  • Just placed first in Rag-tourney without Mag. 77 Rag, 96 Doom and 61 Hood resp. 115 Spidey, when heal was necessary (that was 2 times).
  • Yay! Got top 8th for the first time on Rag LR. I use Rag77/Thor85/Wolvie85.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

I kept hitting for 8 points and getting hit for 30+ near the end. I just feel like a sitting target with a level 28 (capped) Rag in the final 10 minutes.
  • All my villans have low level caps doom is the highest at 51 all other under 40 and when I do finish top 50 I end up getting loki
  • Ghast wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

I kept hitting for 8 points and getting hit for 30+ near the end. I just feel like a sitting target with a level 28 (capped) Rag in the final 10 minutes.

I shielded out the last 10 min
  • That is a good idea. A lot of people are jockeying for diabolical tokens, so maybe I can just get into the top 20 and shield before the final frenzy. Yesterday I think people ahead of me yielded to get into Doom's diabolical token range at the end.
  • Ghast wrote:
    That is a good idea. A lot of people are jockeying for diabolical tokens, so maybe I can just get into the top 20 and shield before the final frenzy. Yesterday I think people ahead of me yielded to get into Doom's diabolical token range at the end.

I played the Doom and yielded down to diabolical yesterday to only open a blue doom. 3 diabolic tokens in a row have been blue dooms I've had to sell. The sad part is I could use blacks
  • Ok, this may be a stupid question. But how can you tank in the lightning rounds. The bracket shows 1-100,000. From what is estimated from The Hulk event, worldwide is about 60,000 players. So everyone would fit into the same bracket every time. Or did I miss something.
  • Ok, this may be a stupid question. But how can you tank in the lightning rounds. The bracket shows 1-100,000. From what is estimated from The Hulk event, worldwide is about 60,000 players. So everyone would fit into the same bracket every time. Or did I miss something.

you tank by putting in a terrible roster and the free villain, then yeild or lose. Then usually the hounds will feast upon you. Your rank in the tourney will drop and drop. Usually you will finish outside the top 2k. That lowers your MMR enough that the next Lightning round you aren't going against high level teams in the match making.

Also there are usually under 5k players in each lightning round, so you can fall enough that it has an impact.
  • Was playing Hood and was floating in the 40s where I wanted for a Diabolical but walked out of a match and saw I was at 96. That means its tank time.
  • Looks like I'm not going to be able to get top 8 in Doom, and with a 5/3 Doom, guess I need to yield to a Diabolical.
  • jozier wrote:
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to get top 8 in Doom, and with a 5/3 Doom, guess I need to yield to a Diabolical.

Be careful. During the last Doom round, I tried to get a diabolical and ended up moving up in the ranks without fighting. The people above me had the same idea and yielded until I was pushed up into the top 25.

If you see someone going for a diabolical token by shielding and you want his or her slot, attack that person and then yield. Shielded people can still -gain- points, even if they do not want to.
  • Something interesting just happened. I just got attacked for 63 points, dropping me to 93. The first and third attacks were from people with no points. The one in the middle had 101. I lost 28 to the first attacker, 17 to the second, and 18 to the third. Huge difference getting attacked by someone with zero points at 111 vs 156.
  • Yesterday, my 115 Doom/ 105 Loki/ 85 Rag team was beat FIRST try by a level 15 Rag/ 23 Wolvie/ 50 Thor. Even boosting, and all the cascades in the world, how does that happen? And who would attack me with that team? Lol
  • Wouldn't surprise me if there were some sort of hack floating around out there. Not much you can do about it.
  • So far got 4/5 diabolicals tokens I was trying for. 3 Lokis and a Mag I needed, so not bad haul so far!
  • 4/5 doom now. 1 more top 8 to go