Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Out of interest, does Gorgon drop team-ups?
    Haven't had one drop yet so I am guessing no.
  • Vankysher
    Barely got by The Work node but had to use hp for all 3.
    Bring down the Hand wrecked my poor choice of a team: 3* Storm/AWolv/Falcon.

No Cap = too many attack tiles & countdown tiles for massive damage.

Only managed to clear the first wave before retreating once Storm & Wolverine went down.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring Down the Hand is falling nicely to Wolveroach's 2* team of OBW, Wolverine and Hawkeye. It's level 97-116, and as long as they survive the initial 3k HP Gorgon assault, they can last to the end and a couple of saved up Adamantium Slashes take care of Gorgon's 7K HP before he has a chance to do to much damage.
  • Survival nodes pretty much all good like this:

Get 9 black
    Nightstalker
    Wait 3 turns
    Nightstalker or Star Spangled Avenger depending what you steal
    Repeat

And at some point you'll have multiple Nightstalkers up and your opponent is never going to have any AP for the rest of the match. You don't even really need Peacemaker unless there are Teitatsus, but they're usually all over the place.

X Force is still badly needed to fight Gorgon when he appears early, and Gorgon is still tough to beat even with X Force because it usually takes two moves to knock him out and he can potentially drain AP.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Phantron wrote:
    Survival nodes pretty much all good like this:

Get 9 black
    Nightstalker
    Wait 3 turns
    Nightstalker or Star Spangled Avenger depending what you steal
    Repeat

And at some point you'll have multiple Nightstalkers up and your opponent is never going to have any AP for the rest of the match. You don't even really need Peacemaker unless there are Teitatsus, but they're usually all over the place.

X Force is still badly needed to fight Gorgon when he appears early, and Gorgon is still tough to beat even with X Force because it usually takes two moves to knock him out and he can potentially drain AP.

Or you could use im40 to generate blue and red, and stun gorgon as he shows up (clearing the previous wave with a power so it's still your turn when he comes out). Or you could just go nuts with 2* mags/mystique/BP and kill him off before he gets a turn - this works up to at least level 200 with goons feeding gorgon.

This sub (the hand castle) seems much easier to me then the last one, because I don't have to use elektra against him. I don't think I've used a health pack all day.
  • I went into the last one with Patch, Blade, and Falcon. Blade went down very quickly, and Falcon got down to about 400 hit points, but Patch won it pretty much single-handedly after that. He even nearly one-shotted Gorgon with TBTI when he showed up. Falcon actually never went down - I did a bird strike after he got down to 400 and at that point it was pretty smooth sailing.

If I was going to hit the node again - which I kinda doubt I will - I'd probably use Patch/Lazy Daken/Falcon.
  • Would be nice if gorgon dropped team-ups!

I'm just scraping through some nodes with Raging Tempest... As long as I can get Storm to take a big hit after everyone else has. As long as it's not big enough to kill her obviously. Tricky but fun! Been bouncing between #1 and #2 all event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Final node on the last sub.... Hardest of the entire event
  • fmftint
    Final node on the last sub.... Hardest of the entire event
  • A marathon node where you start against gorgon is the scariest node in the event for sure.

After I downed him the initial wave, he was no harder than any other time. In fact, he never gets to move the board before he goes down.

With cap/falcon/im40
    save up 25 red, 30 if possible
    use blue sparingly before a wave end, try to end wave w 24 blue
    save 6 yellow, 12 if possible (for x/x/1 im40 build)

Pretty easy to get to while only the last opponent on a wave remains.

When all that is stocked up:
    prep board so next 2 matches won't bother yellow.
    Cast recharge, twice if you have it
    make on match that will NOT down the goon
    red shield to kill goon, ending wave but preserving your turn.
    use second red Frisbee on hero/ villian
    use blue shield on them also .
    make match, red if possible, or blue if short on blue shield by 1m
    after recharge resolves, use red shield(s)
    Make most logical match
    blue shield to stun again if needed
    red shields when the return next

That method requires quite a few turns of sandbaggging to get the ap, but in all my runs it's been almost unfailingly safe. With the villian/ 2 goon model in all these, you have 5-6 red Frisbees to toss before they get a turn, and even at only lvl 153 that'd take down just about anything in the game. The other beautiful thing as that you can pull it off every wave end if you want. Not knowing what to expect, it came in handy more times than not, as gorgon is popping out multiple times in some of these.
  • a bunch of wolvie's strike tiles paired up with OBW espionage is tearing through the lower-levelled enemies for me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Enemy of the State gave me Hood Blue, therefore this event is best event ever

EDIT: Didn't realize there were essentials tucked away to the right on hand fortress.....
  • Vankysher
    A marathon node where you start against gorgon is the scariest node in the event for sure.

After I downed him the initial wave, he was no harder than any other time. In fact, he never gets to move the board before he goes down.

With cap/falcon/im40
    save up 25 red, 30 if possible
    use blue sparingly before a wave end, try to end wave w 24 blue
    save 6 yellow, 12 if possible (for x/x/1 im40 build)

Pretty easy to get to while only the last opponent on a wave remains.

When all that is stocked up:
    prep board so next 2 matches won't bother yellow.
    Cast recharge, twice if you have it
    make on match that will NOT down the goon
    red shield to kill goon, ending wave but preserving your turn.
    use second red Frisbee on hero/ villian
    use blue shield on them also .
    make match, red if possible, or blue if short on blue shield by 1m
    after recharge resolves, use red shield(s)
    Make most logical match
    blue shield to stun again if needed
    red shields when the return next

That method requires quite a few turns of sandbaggging to get the ap, but in all my runs it's been almost unfailingly safe. With the villian/ 2 goon model in all these, you have 5-6 red Frisbees to toss before they get a turn, and even at only lvl 153 that'd take down just about anything in the game. The other beautiful thing as that you can pull it off every wave end if you want. Not knowing what to expect, it came in handy more times than not, as gorgon is popping out multiple times in some of these.
    I had to do something similar to this by wave 3 my first run through. Falcon & AWolv were downed by the end of wave 2 as bad boards made it impossible for me to get 2* Cap going. Once he did i had to pick & choose when to use match damage in order to build up enough AP. Cap only had a~1005 hp left & was a 1 man wrecking crew. Finished the rest of the waves losing only 100hp but to pull that off I spent over 20 min to finish this node.

Have I said how much I HATE this **** scaling?
  • Merc'ing. I have 194.339 points in Enemy of the State and climbing. I want to join an alliance for the end of this event to get in top 50 with them. Contact me here or in LINE [ign: binoBuino]
  • The last Survival node, I used Blade/Patch/LCap. By the last wave, I had 6 attack.png tiles worth 900HP each. I was killing everything in 1-2 hits, it was fantastic.
  • The amount of points in the marathon nodes is rediculously high. Huge advantage to anyone that can clear, nevermind multiclears at sub end. I seem to widen my lead by 1-2k each time a sub finishes. There's no taking the foot off the gas at the end even with a 10k+ lead because of it tho. That gets eaten away fast with 4k+ individual nodes
  • The amount of points in the marathon nodes is rediculously high. Huge advantage to anyone that can clear, nevermind multiclears at sub end. I seem to widen my lead by 1-2k each time a sub finishes. There's no taking the foot off the gas at the end even with a 10k+ lead because of it tho. That gets eaten away fast with 4k+ individual nodes

The points are not unreasonable for the amount of enemy you've to go through. They're unreasonable easy because of very weak combination of enemies that way favors certain heroes. If there isn't a Kishu in the first wave you're usually free to take as much time as you need to get ready without worrying about damage. Often there isn't even a Konran in the first wave so you can just regen damage from Strength in Numbers or Shuriken even if you failed to stop those. If they just get rid of Teitatsus and Shinobis and replace them with either more Kishus or random villians it'd be a whole different kind of game.
  • fmftint
    The amount of points in the marathon nodes is rediculously high. Huge advantage to anyone that can clear, nevermind multiclears at sub end. I seem to widen my lead by 1-2k each time a sub finishes. There's no taking the foot off the gas at the end even with a 10k+ lead because of it tho. That gets eaten away fast with 4k+ individual nodes
    yeah, i was hoping to cruise the rest of the way to a T10 finish, I'm 4th in your bracket. but with so many points up in the air it's no rest for the weary
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shoutout to fight4thedream. I've been riding your band through most of the event (the first three nodes pretty hardcore, but I've actually been playing the last two! icon_lol.gif ). Managed to get all the Progressive Rewards, and while 3* Storm (and my Token returns) haven't been anything amazing, I still appreciate the ability to ride off of your hard work for some ISO-8 and Hero Points. <3<3<3
  • Vankysher
    raisinbman wrote:
    Enemy of the State gave me Hood Blue, therefore this event is best event ever

EDIT: Didn't realize there were essentials tucked away to the right on hand fortress.....

Thanks for pointing out those essential nodes as I completely missed out on them until now with 4 hrs left in my sub icon_redface.gif