Common Forum Abbreviations

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    So I've recently been seeing TurDaken used on the forums for Daken (Classic).

Not sure how Tur relates to it though? (Turducken+True Daken=TurDaken?)

Turd + Daken = TurDaken (Homophone for Turducken)
  • Added entries for Captain Marvel and the incoming Deadpool.

Also added "TU" to the general list since "Team Up" seems to be abbreviated a lot.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just curious, but I see ARPDAU, (I think that's it) a lot. I believe, given the context it's often used in, that it refers to the $1.00 a day per player thing. Or the income generated by this game. So I'm just wondering what it stands for exactly.

Thanks, JJ
  • Just curious, but I see ARPDAU, (I think that's it) a lot. I believe, given the context it's often used in, that it refers to the $1.00 a day per player thing. Or the income generated by this game. So I'm just wondering what it stands for exactly.

Thanks, JJ

It's something like Average Revenue Per Daily Average User, I think. Not sure that's exactly right, but it's at least close.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Just curious, but I see ARPDAU, (I think that's it) a lot. I believe, given the context it's often used in, that it refers to the $1.00 a day per player thing. Or the income generated by this game. So I'm just wondering what it stands for exactly.

Thanks, JJ

It's something like Average Revenue Per Daily Average User, I think. Not sure that's exactly right, but it's at least close.
    Pretty close. It's Average Revenue Per Daily Active User. It would make sense that they care about the active users and not the inactive users.

This series of articles should help:
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/08/marve ... au-part-1/
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Not common yet, but it should be:

X-Force Wolverine + Classic Magneto = SexMagnet.

Boom. Coined.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Not common yet, but it should be:

X-Force Wolverine + Classic Magneto = SexMagnet.

Boom. Coined.

Hawt. icon_lol.gif
  • Went ahead and added the forum icons for each character next to their name.

Put in 2* Ms. Marvel icon_ms_marvel.png since we know she's up and coming.

Also put in 4* Iron Patriot icon_ironpatriot.png even though we don't have an ETA on him.
  • icon_doctoroctopus.png Doc Ock is on the list now too.
  • Mondo wrote:
    :docock: Doc Ock is on the list now too.

I would also recommend Otto. Easier to use icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Okin107 wrote:
    Mondo wrote:
    :docock: Doc Ock is on the list now too.

I would also recommend Otto. Easier to use icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Otto IS on the list. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Went ahead and added Thor to the 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png list as Lady Thor and Thoress.

Threw Devil Dino in there too since he will be a 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png as well.

I'll update the list with proper cover names as they become known.
  • Am I the only one around here that thinks that Devil Dino should be called Trex? RAWR!
  • Just wanted to let the community know that I won't be maintaining this thread going forward. I've retired from the game so as new characters are released, they will not be added to the list. If anyone wants to take this over going forward, feel free to do so.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    I'm going with:

Mq = Mystique
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would the invisible woman be baglady?
  • Arondite wrote:
    Why would the invisible woman be baglady?

When she was introduced, she was even worse than she is now. Because she was so bad, and wears the same costume as Bagman (and was the only one to do so at the time), she got nicknamed Baglady.
  • icon_invisiblewoman.png = Baglady icon_lol.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt I'm the only one, but I figured I'd toss it out anyway. But I like to refer to my Xforce and Thorette team as Thor-Force.
  • gnorf
    gnorf Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Hi y'all! Obviously I'm new here, but I wanted to give a shout-out to the OP for creating this. It's very helpful in unraveling a couple of the terms I've been seeing and not quite understanding. There are a few I'd suggest adding (though I admit I don't know what they all mean:

DoT (Damage over Time)
    Eye (I never know if this means Hawkeye or Bullseye. Sometimes it's obvious from context, but usually not, such as wen used in MagStormEye)
    BP - no idea what this means. Wish I could link you to the post where I saw it yesterday, but I read so many, and of course BP isn't a useful search string. Sigh.

One other suggestion would be to add the word "Glossary" to the title, since that's the word I went looking for when I started encountering abbreviations and acronyms I didn't understand. icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks again!