Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been kind of enjoying this event. Maybe just because it's new and I always like new stories. Hasn't been that tough either. I just avoid using the boosted characters as far as I can - undercovered Electra, like everyone else, is ****, mororo is underlevelled and a little slow-build and fragile, and minicap/ms marvel really aren't that good. Lcap, thor, daken, blade and hood all take turns doing their thing. I like survival nodes too and miss having them in the current sub.
  • I brought in Hulk (who turned out to be useless), Daredevil, and Deadpool, and lucked into a board covered in red. A little off the top followed by my matching ambush twice took him out pretty quickly, and I think Wolverine went next turn.

If I do it again (which is iffy) I'd probably swap out Hulk for Lazy Thor.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    EluVKV wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance, but are the rewards list for the covers guaranteed? I saw my last placement in the previous scenario for 33rd place and all I received was a Recruit Token that contained Modern Hawkeye.
    There's a separate reward list for the sub-events, mostly containing event tokens. The guaranteed cover rewards in the main event list are for your final placement based on cumulative score across all the subevents.
  • Dayv
    raisinbman wrote:
    What are gorgon's abilities? stats? level? His team? I don't know this stuff you gotta tell me since you're in a further time slice and this is a brand new event
    There's a full discussion on Gorgon and his abilities over in the Characters forum.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in the first time slice and just a friendly warning that the last non essential node in the upcoming new sub will be ... difficult (to put it mildly)
  • Dayv
    I've been kind of enjoying this event. Maybe just because it's new and I always like new stories. Hasn't been that tough either. I just avoid using the boosted characters as far as I can - undercovered Electra, like everyone else, is ****, mororo is underlevelled and a little slow-build and fragile, and minicap/ms marvel really aren't that good. Lcap, thor, daken, blade and hood all take turns doing their thing. I like survival nodes too and miss having them in the current sub.
    I've been enjoying it the new story, but I have no Elektra and I don't need Patch, so I'm not even trying to grind it for points. Once through for story, maybe a couple second passes on non-wave nodes to get the event token instead of a heroic.

If I was trying to get top placement and repeatedly doing the waves, I might have a different opinion.
  • dr tinykittylove
    DayvBang wrote:
    I've been enjoying it the new story, but I have no Elektra and I don't need Patch, so I'm not even trying to grind it for points. Once through for story, maybe a couple second passes on non-wave nodes to get the event token instead of a heroic.

If I was trying to get top placement and repeatedly doing the waves, I might have a different opinion.

I guess having an electra and needing a yellow patch for respec put a different complexion on things...

The waves are really the only things I do semi-regularly after the first run-through. Because they appear to be valued as an equal number of nodes , while having lower scaling and ap-carryover, they're the easiest and fastest way to ride the rubberband right to the top at the end of a sub. I don't bother grinding 3 hr refreshes or clearing all the nodes, and it's been good enough to get me in top 50 every sub.

Which I guess really sucks for people without electra, but at least for this newest sub (I'm in first slice) the highest value wave node is non-essential.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I brought in Hulk (who turned out to be useless), Daredevil, and Deadpool, and lucked into a board covered in red. A little off the top followed by my matching ambush twice took him out pretty quickly, and I think Wolverine went next turn.

If I do it again (which is iffy) I'd probably swap out Hulk for Lazy Thor.

I actually concentrated on taking wolverine out first, since his health is so low it's easy and an adamantium slash will spoil my day much more than Gorgon or goon attacks. Plus he usually tries to collect green ap when available and once he's downed that ap is a useless waste of their turns. Used a few different combos and all worked ok.
  • This new sub has the equivalent of 14-15 regular nodes. First clear was almost an hour. This next 5-6 clears are going to be a griiiind
    big surprise, the gorgon pops out at the end, so have a way to deal with him quickly saved up.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    No trouble with gorgon is hell's kitchen, which is why i asked earlier for enemy team composition if you're having trouble. Maybe you're in a different time slice(in a different node)? Maybe you're trying to make a 1 cover Elektra do the work of a 13 Cover, max level Hawkeye?

He eats wind storms like anyone else.

Also, I'm glad they didn't force us to play as Beast. Maybe they finally realize he's just that bad?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:

Yeah, the same. The only thing I'm fighting for is iso's, otherwise I wouldn't stress myself repeatedly replaying a node & gain 20 iso's :/

But I did have fun on "Bring Down the Hand" purely I spammed star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png & yellowflag.png till Gorgon & his goons did minimal damage & I casually toss redflag.png that I saved up repeatedly until everyone is KO'd.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    No trouble with gorgon is hell's kitchen, which is why i asked earlier for enemy team composition if you're having trouble. Maybe you're in a different time slice(in a different node)? Maybe you're trying to make a 1 cover Elektra do the work of a 13 Cover, max level Hawkeye?

Also, I'm glad they didn't force us to play as Beast. Maybe they finally realize he's just that bad?

The last q&a with d3 stated they know beast needs work.

Slice 1 and my DD essential node has gorgon at 83. Significantly easier than 132ish in the previous sub, plus not with wolvie anymore. This sub is far easier then the last, as stormneto can actually do more than 1 node without packs. Anyone having trouble with gorgon seriously needs to use them. The only real issue is that he tends to compete pretty hard for purple, and if he gets debilitating slash off where it takes your purple away (or either of the ap Gen moves just before you can cast) then a win is pretty tough.

Additionally, the easier nodes with waves are pretty fun with patch, daredevil and daken. I only have a viable tinyDaken and the thing went pretty quick with only moderate dmg to DD from attack tiles.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only saving grace to this PvE is that the rewards are worthless. These are the worst designed goons they've put out thus far and I'm frankly surprised that they just don't flat out explode for 5k damage at 94, 10k at 166, 15k at 200 to all members of your team when they die. Next simulator watch them team these guys up with Deadpool so you're eating ALotP every round until everyone is under 20% at which point they stop casting that and just focus on caltrops.
  • Lots to like about this event - new enemies, waves, new story.
    But lots more to dislike:
    Progression final reward is storm, not exciting.
    Hit the storm award halfway through last sub, so now have 3 days with nothing to work for.
    Event reward is patch, already have all covers. Twenty new characters I only have one or two covers for and this great new event has none of them as rewards?
    Electra. I worked hard to get my one cover for her last event- a purple. And now a whole event where she is often required and the one cover I have works on enemy tiles which are rarely seen in this event. She is the deadest of dead weight.
    A sub without any waves? They're the most fun part!

Imagine how cool this event would have been with:
    A high but awesome final progression award - like 4thor at 150k.
    An Electra cover somewhere halfway through to give us something new to do with her.
    Replace storm with a cover for mystique or rocket or colossus or gamora or Loki green or anything new.

Tldr: lots to like, but coming up short
  • I don't see how you can NOT have problem with Gorgon unless you've insane luck or incredibly low scaling. He's got a ton of health, exactly correct colors for all his goon AP pumps, very strong moves in general, and even if you stunned him his goons aren't exactly pushovers. Sure, you can always get a great cascade and there's always some lucky way his goons can use up his AP instead, like say the Kishu using Ninja Trickery when you got no special tiles instead of Gorgon using Awaken the Hand, but in general it's more likely you step on a Caltrops for stupid amount of damage. I've been boosting green/black/blue/purple on every fight on the hard nodes in Hell's Kitchen and most of them could've easily gone very wrong even when I won it comfortably, as an extra turn would usually mean you eat an Adamantim Slash and someone possibly dies, or even a Debiliating Slash which hits hard and can totally ruin your game if it drains the color you need.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Slice 1 and my DD essential node has gorgon at 83. Significantly easier than 132ish in the previous sub, plus not with wolvie anymore. This sub is far easier then the last, as stormneto can actually do more than 1 node without packs. Anyone having trouble with gorgon seriously needs to use them. The only real issue is that he tends to compete pretty hard for purple, and if he gets debilitating slash off where it takes your purple away (or either of the ap Gen moves just before you can cast) then a win is pretty tough.

Additionally, the easier nodes with waves are pretty fun with patch, daredevil and daken. I only have a viable tinyDaken and the thing went pretty quick with only moderate dmg to DD from attack tiles.

They have to - with Rocket and Groot there are 0 reasons for you to encounter/use Beast, ever.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gorgon is considerably less dangerous once you get icon_wolverine.png back on your team. Letting him take a slash to the face then heal is better than most alternitives
  • raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

They have to - with Rocket and Groot there are 0 reasons for you to encounter/use Beast, ever.

I laughed the last time I saw beast in a node. Rocket and groot however evoke an, "... oh, tinykitty...". Just... dat yellow... worse than a.wolvie by miles, even tho both tend to get miracle yellow matches dropping on from the sky to heal.
  • Second refresh, final node vs Gorgon Hell's Kitchen final node:

I got adamantium slashed, Hawkeye died. Nothing special. Board didn't give me purple so wasn't as smooth as it could have been, but 2 Wind Storms = dead Gorgon = dead enemy

I'm not seeing the big deal about Gorgon. I still need clarification if its the Hell's Kitchen nodes that people are having trouble with or some future node other time slices are dealing with.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Second refresh, final node vs Gorgon Hell's Kitchen final node:

I got adamantium slashed, Hawkeye died. Nothing special. Board didn't give me purple so wasn't as smooth as it could have been, but 2 Wind Storms = dead Gorgon = dead enemy

I'm not seeing the big deal about Gorgon. I still need clarification if its the Hell's Kitchen nodes that people are having trouble with or some future node other time slices are dealing with.

Gorgon is level 180 on the non essential and has 11K HP. If you do Wind Storm on him, he'll just sort of shrug it off. Wolverine has 7390 HP, so that's safely outside of Wind Storm range so they'll still be able to move the board after 4 turns, and you got a Konran who can put out a pretty nasty special tile too. Is he level 80 or something so that you can actually do meaningful damage to him with Wind Storm?