Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• He beat my **Captain America, Hulk, Hood, but I have no idea how I should fight him. , Seems like I have to take out wolverine first. I am low on heals so don't have the luxury of trying things.
  • My essentials node with gorgon says its trivial difficulty...and he singlehandedly wiped out my team lol, which wasnt a pushover roster. I guess that is what they are fixing in the next update.
  • Hey guys forum noob here. Just started the latest sub-event, but I didn't get the reward for the previous one...
    I was playing right up until the end because I was pushing for top 2 finish, but when I completed the mission I didn't get to see a finishing position.
    Normally my rewards come really snappy, have I missed out by finishing a mission past its end time?
    (Or am I just being impatient?)
  • petritis wrote:
    He beat my **Captain America, Hulk, Hood, but I have no idea how I should fight him. , Seems like I have to take out wolverine first. I am low on heals so don't have the luxury of trying things.
    FYI the Gorgon node is Gorgon 113, Konrad 114, **Wolverine 113. Konrad feeds Wolverine 2 red a turn, and Gorgon is just mean.
    Also I hate typing on a tablet!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    andyd151 wrote:
    Hey guys forum noob here. Just started the latest sub-event, but I didn't get the reward for the previous one...
    I was playing right up until the end because I was pushing for top 2 finish, but when I completed the mission I didn't get to see a finishing position.
    Normally my rewards come really snappy, have I missed out by finishing a mission past its end time?
    Rewards sometimes take a little longer to distribute. The official word is that they arrive within 24 hours, but it's been a long time since I've seen them take nearly that long.
  • petritis wrote:
    He beat my **Captain America, Hulk, Hood, but I have no idea how I should fight him. , Seems like I have to take out wolverine first. I am low on heals so don't have the luxury of trying things.

STANDARD ANSWER: 2*Magneto/Storm/Doesn't Matter

Real answer: I can't help you beat anyone if I don't know their stats, team makeup, abilities, etc. 2*Cap/Hulk/Hood? eh...
  • raisinbman wrote:
    petritis wrote:

Real answer: I can't help you beat anyone if I don't know their stats, team makeup, abilities, etc. 2*Cap/Hulk/Hood? eh...

Almost worked, went with **Hawkeye, got a 5 in a row on the first turn, protected his blast, but it didn't quite take out the Konran, Hawkeye died by the time storm got windstorm off, I got down to just Gorgon at half strength before he finished me off. Maybe try Hulk with them next time.
    FYI: I am transitioning to 3*, and hopefully my Sig will show my Alliance name and user name. So I have many option available.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    DayvBang wrote:
    andyd151 wrote:
    Hey guys forum noob here. Just started the latest sub-event, but I didn't get the reward for the previous one...
    Rewards sometimes take a little longer to distribute. The official word is that they arrive within 24 hours, but it's been a long time since I've seen them take nearly that long.

Forgive my ignorance, but are the rewards list for the covers guaranteed? I saw my last placement in the previous scenario for 33rd place and all I received was a Recruit Token that contained Modern Hawkeye.
  • petritis wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    petritis wrote:

Almost worked, went with **Hawkeye, got a 5 in a row on the first turn, protected his blast, but it didn't quite take out the Konran, Hawkeye died by the time storm got windstorm off, I got down to just Gorgon at half strength before he finished me off. Maybe try Hulk with them next time.
    FYI: I am transitioning to 3*, and hopefully my Sig will show my Alliance name and user name. So I have many option available.

What are gorgon's abilities? stats? level? His team? I don't know this stuff you gotta tell me since you're in a further time slice and this is a brand new event
  • raisinbman wrote:
    petritis wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    petritis wrote:

What are gorgon's abilities? stats? level? His team? I don't know this stuff you gotta tell me since you're in a further time slice and this is a brand new event

Sorry, added enemies to original post just before you replied.
    Gorgon looks like yet another *** character, you can see about him on the chars page.
    One comment says he is pretty random to beat, so I may just have to waste boosts to take him out.
  • petritis wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Sorry, added enemies to original post just before you replied.
    Gorgon looks like yet another *** character, you can see about him on the chars page.
    One comment says he is pretty random to beat, so I may just have to waste boosts to take him out.

Just blew two boosts so mags and storm could take him out!
  • Looking at Gorgon's stats, he is simply a very strong hero. Any ability that can get rid of special tiles is hugely important against him.
  • So looking at Gorgon he's very strong. Only thing I can suggest is StormNeto(yes, its partly luck based but if you can stun him for 5 turns you should be able to kill him) or making a regen/hulk/Cmarv tank his hits. His HP is very big as well......Either kill him very fast or lock him up until you can kill. I can't properly speculate until I fight him myself....

Definitely use boosts if he's giving you trouble.
  • renfox
    renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    For the nodes that have Gorgon, Tile spamming seems to help.

- Spidey's protect tiles can really help soak up damage and block Gorgon's stun, along with spidey's blue to stun and make a critical move.

- Ares is good for about one run if enemy levels are low enough, as his red does extra damage and his green and yellow are fast.

- Falcon & any tile spammer can help boost tiles as redwing picks off nasty countdown tiles.

- Storm's hailstorm competes for Gorgon on black, blocks tile creation, and does good damage.

In general, any ability that takes time is doomed around these fast teams.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    The last node with Gorgon and Wolverine, although at "normal" difficulty, has wasted my boosted StormMagnetoHawkeye combo and boosted AresDakenOBW combo in double quick time, no thanks to lousy boards. Gorgon was finally taken down by a very angry Hulk and Thor.

Beginning to question Ms Marvel's space on my teamsheet, she's not too useful even when boosted.
  • The last node with Gorgon and Wolverine, although at "normal" difficulty, has wasted my boosted StormMagnetoHawkeye combo and boosted AresDakenOBW combo in double quick time, no thanks to lousy boards. Gorgon was finally taken down by a very angry Hulk and Thor.

Beginning to question Ms Marvel's space on my teamsheet, she's not too useful even when boosted.

Pretty much the same experience here. Storm Mags and hawk were slaying those villians node, but the last clear fights just lingered a ltitle too long. After all packs and teams, 2 nodes remained uncleared. Even a small cascade in the AI's favor tips the battle against you harshly
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Wow.
    Gorgon is way too fast.
    Useless single covered Elektra was able to absorb 3 of his slashes before going down.
    3* Storm 2/1/1 was able to fire off a few lightning strikes and hailstorms to take down Gorgon before going down as well.
    Falcon managed to survive long enough to boost some attack tiles to take out the last 2 Hand goons.
    Did I mention I even iso-boosted all relevant colors?

I tried using Ms. Marvel/mHawkeye/MnMags and she is almost useless as I have yet to trigger speedshot with her. Only when I occasionally collect enough AP for her other powers when I need quick offense in a pinch.
    Even boosted she can only take 2 Adamantium Slashes at most so I guess it's better than having Storm/MnMags/Falcon simply 1-shotted.

Already hating these "normal" essentials as I have to use at least 2 health packs per node.
  • This new sub is just a health pack black hole. Practically all of the nodes are Wolverine + 2 red feeding goons or Gorgon + 2 red & black feeding goons or Wolverine + Gorgon + red feeding goon, so doesn't matter how much of a lvl advantage you have you'll take alot of damage from the inevitable Wolverine's adamantium slash or Gorgon's debilitating slash in every match.
  • Shame the reward ends at 75000 for mohawk storm. I reached this yesterday, and am still gaining points for the progression with loads of time to go...for no point.
    As a mostly two star player, this campaign needs to offer more for the difficulty!
    Loving the survival mode.
    Sometimes a turn can take ages though, I think I can go and lots of ninja stuff keeps rolling.

Press, press, press. Funny!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    This new sub is just a health pack black hole. Practically all of the nodes are Wolverine + 2 red feeding goons or Gorgon + 2 red & black feeding goons or Wolverine + Gorgon + red feeding goon, so doesn't matter how much of a lvl advantage you have you'll take alot of damage from the inevitable Wolverine's adamantium slash or Gorgon's debilitating slash in every match.

Exactly this.

Probably this sub was designed by the same mental case that figured Heroic Juggernaut was a good idea for a fun-filled afternoon...

What is it with these developers and the fact that they're not learning from past mistakes? We could be literally smacking them over the head with a clue-by-four and we'd probably still fail to get them to notice.