**** Elektra (Unkillable) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• wymtime wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    I don't have her black and the intro node is non repeatable but it seems like ALL her black traps activate the first time she's damaged? That's different than the dscriptions say and is way worse. Can anyone confirm?
    In the lightning rounds I didn't notice this. Also in the lightning rounds red feels like her best and only good power. Purple was nice if I faced LDaken, but otherwise I just used her as a meat shield since she was a loaner character.

Really? First time I blocked Surgical Strike with one black tile I kinda fell in love.
  • I think black will be more useful once we have "real" Elektras - with the loaner she's not tanking any colors for me most of the time, and I don't care how much damage she takes, but if she was fully covered and leveled her black could be a godsend.
  • Her Black tiles activate each time she would take damage, if you have eattack.png on board and enemy launches an attack, you will consume at least three blocks during single turn, one for attack, second or more for match damage/cascade and one more at end of turn when eattack.png activates.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    I don't have her black and the intro node is non repeatable but it seems like ALL her black traps activate the first time she's damaged? That's different than the dscriptions say and is way worse. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, it's activated every time she is damaged. So to remove her trap tiles, you should use match dmg to attack her. That will remove the tiles one by one. Do note that you will take the trap damage, and she will get the ap gain from the black tile.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like 5/3/5 is going to be optimal for her.
    Purple clearly seems to be her only ability that can really be situationally degenerate, since stealing BP strike tiles and giving yourself 700 worth of strike tiles for 7 purple AP is obviously insane. As such, it should obviously be at 5.
    Red 3->5 doubles its damage, turning it from near unusable to simply average, and has the most general purpose use.
    Black is sort of interesting. You get an extra 2k damage (1.2k -> 3.2k) and trap tile with these upgrades. However, I think the average use case of black is just going to be that you save it for a big ability, and then use it. This ends up using 2 charges, and it probably doesnt matter whether or not you have 1 or 2 traps left afterwards. The damage is also extremely delayed, so I don't think it's worth gimping purple or red for her black.
  • Yeah I'd go 3/5/5 easily. 3 purple steals 2 tiles, which is pretty good, red seems like her main damage dealing ability, and black keeps her alive and doing damage.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    atomzed wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Yes, it's activated every time she is damaged. So to remove her trap tiles, you should use match dmg to attack her. That will remove the tiles one by one. Do note that you will take the trap damage, and she will get the ap gain from the black tile.
    Right, but what I THOUGHT I saw was the Hand goon making having three shuriken tiles and me having three traps, and all three traps vanishing on the first tile and the subsequent two tiles doing damage

If nobody else has seen it working "wrong" then it's most likely there was some cascade too fast for me to see or something v icon_e_confused.gif v
    ark123 wrote:
    Yeah I'd go 3/5/5 easily. 3 purple steals 2 tiles, which is pretty good, red seems like her main damage dealing ability, and black keeps her alive and doing damage.

I think everyone's underrating her black, but it also seems to scale the poorest with covers... I'd really like to see the damage comparisons for all three of her powers at 3 and 5 covers at 220/270 :/
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strongly disagree ark.

5 purple let's you steal more strike tiles, and makes more powerful tiles. That is critical. The latter is always good, but the former makes the ability marginally useful even without an enemy team that already has strike tiles. It also helps with a 5 green patch.

I have been quite pleasantly surprised by her purple in the lightning rounds. It is still situational, but when good it is VERY good.

And black isn't as good as it should be because even at 5 covers, a moderate cascade wipes it out. It is best held until right before you know a big power is coming (and it excels at that!), so the marginal increase from 3 to five isn't worth the loss to purple.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Some unsorted observations

Her powers scale really poorly with character level. On the other hand it means she doesn't need to be leveled much.

Red power would be middling (for a 4*) as an attack tile, but it's a trap tile which is even worse!

Black should work well against the AI, but be fairly useless on defense with the exception of countdown tiles.

Purple is the best anti-Daken/Blade move in the game, but in the same match-ups her red power is worthless.

edit:
    Her black is really scary when she's the only character left. She once managed to take down three of my decent 3* characters by herself while taking almost no damage. Note that it restores 1 black AP each time it goes off, meaning it's effectively a 6 AP attack at level 5 if the traps aren't disarmed.
  • Found a weird Elektra bug(or maybe that's just how trap characters work since I don't play trap characters):

Thor Thunder Strike'd the board, transforming her blackflag.pngtrap.png into a yellowflag.pngtrap.png . Normally This means its disarmed, but it was a yellow trap, so shouldn't it have gone off even after transforming? Or was it just a bugged tile that was disarmed.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Found a weird Elektra bug(or maybe that's just how trap characters work since I don't play trap characters):

Thor Thunder Strike'd the board, transforming her blackflag.pngtrap.png into a yellowflag.pngtrap.png . Normally This means its disarmed, but it was a yellow trap, so shouldn't it have gone off even after transforming? Or was it just a bugged tile that was disarmed.

An ability that only changes the color of a tile like Thunder Strke does not disarm the trap and it should still trigger later.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    Another trap oddity: traps will still go off if the trap creator is stunned or dead. (Yes, dead -- if the trap goes off on the same move that kills the character, the character dies and then the trap goes off. I don't think there's any way for this to happen with Elektra's traps.)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    This 1/0/0 Elektra goes really well with 5 green Patch. Get 9 green and 7+ purple. Fill up all the purple tiles with Berserker Rage, then cast D-D Cross and save for another casting. No junk strike tiles so they all do massive damage.
  • This 1/0/0 Elektra goes really well with 5 green Patch. Get 9 green and 7+ purple. Fill up all the purple tiles with Berserker Rage, then cast D-D Cross and save for another casting. No junk strike tiles so they all do massive damage.

Don't forget that Loki is the Master Trouble maker and with 5/4/4 and Patch @ 5/3/5 and DD/Ele or whoever, he'll transform all 6 enemy strike tiles into the same strength protect tiles. But it does require 11 black, but that's still 4 matches which is the same for DD to get 10 purple so the only question is do you prefer the billy club or the mischief that fires on matches of 4 tiles? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Busted Patch greenflag.png basically says "You die today or I die tomorrow". Patch green + Electra purpleflag.png says "You die today, if not - tomorrow; and I have no reasons to die". And it's cheap. It exceeds my current expectations icon_e_smile.gif
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the free strike tiles... but should the AI really fire its Double-Double Cross when there are no enemy strike tiles on the board? It's happened to me three times so far playing against Elektra, so it doesn't seem like a fluke...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The AI never considers whether it's a good idea to use a power, only whether it can. Since DDC can fire when there are no enemy strike tiles (unlike, say, Radar Sense, which will flat out not activate when there are no special tiles to clear) the AI will happily do so, for the same reason it will cast Sacrifice and then match the tile - it's dumb and runs on an RNG rather than strategy.
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Just so you know, her black ability can escape Deadpool's Whales ultimate. ****.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Busted Patch greenflag.png basically says "You die today or I die tomorrow". Patch green + Electra purpleflag.png says "You die today, if not - tomorrow; and I have no reasons to die". And it's cheap. It exceeds my current expectations icon_e_smile.gif
    Her purple, even at 5, is still going to leave 4 big strike tiles on the board, which can still ruin your day. So it's more like "you die today, tomorrow, or I die the day after tomorrow"
  • simonsez wrote:
    Busted Patch greenflag.png basically says "You die today or I die tomorrow". Patch green + Electra purpleflag.png says "You die today, if not - tomorrow; and I have no reasons to die". And it's cheap. It exceeds my current expectations icon_e_smile.gif
    Her purple, even at 5, is still going to leave 4 big strike tiles on the board, which can still ruin your day. So it's more like "you die today, tomorrow, or I die the day after tomorrow"

No, no, no. You fill up the purple tiles with Str 14 enemystrike.png and there's no ROOM for their Berserker Rage tiles. Wolverine kills everyone, no threat to yourself.
This discussion has been closed.