Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Ok so the only way I can use Elektra in PVE is against Wolverine or save enough purple to use it twice in a row. Give them 3 strike tiles then steal on while giving them 3 more...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    does this company want people to LEAVE the game or something

NOD 2 Elektra nod gives almost more then DOUBLE all of the other nods combine. Her nod alone gives close to 2500 per playthough. so if you dont have elekrta you might as well say your done even trying to get to the top 100

I have no problem in giving her nod extra points but 2500 is insane when others only give 200 to 600 per playthough. I mean it will take 4 playthoughs of nods just for 1 of hers.

was rank 44 after round 1 without her I will be shocked if im anywhere near 100 after round 2
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

NOD 2 Elektra nod gives almost more then DOUBLE all of the other nods combine. Her nod alone gives close to 2500 per playthough. so if you dont have elekrta you might as well say your done even trying to get to the top 100

I have no problem in giving her nod extra points but 2500 is insane when others only give 200 to 600 per playthough. I mean it will take 4 playthoughs of nods just for 1 of hers.

was rank 44 after round 1 without her I will be shocked if im anywhere near 100 after round 2
    To be fair her essential is 5 waves each with more than 4 opponents. It isn't your typical node
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    edited December 2014
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

To be fair her essential is 5 waves each with more than 4 opponents. It isn't your typical node

In addition...I just don't think this is true. The last pvp only 50/10000 players recieved elektra. Even if every single person that gained her on their roster ground out this event to stay top 100, minimally that still leaves 50 places for the top 100. Then, since patch rewards extend down to top 150, that leaves an actual 100 places a grinder without elektra could fall into, not counting playes that can't play the event because of the holiday, or those that just don't want/ need patch.

Edit: horrid spelling
  • fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

In addition...I just don't think this is true. The last pvp only 50/10000 players recieved elektra. Even if every single person that gained her on their roster ground out this event to stay top 100, minimally that still leaves 50 places for the top 100. Then, since patch rewards extend down to top 150, that leaves an sctual 100 places a grinder without elektra could fall into, not counting pkayes that can't play the event bease of the holiday, or those that just don't want/ need patch.

I agree with OP tho its too much for an essential.....balanced by rest of week tho I assume. First sub was minimal in that regard.
  • Guys i played from the start and have the max point of each play but there are others who have almost 9000 point more than me.

Am i doing something wrong?
  • AJRooke wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

In addition...I just don't think this is true. The last pvp only 50/10000 players recieved elektra. Even if every single person that gained her on their roster ground out this event to stay top 100, minimally that still leaves 50 places for the top 100. Then, since patch rewards extend down to top 150, that leaves an sctual 100 places a grinder without elektra could fall into, not counting pkayes that can't play the event bease of the holiday, or those that just don't want/ need patch.

I agree with OP tho its too much for an essential.....balanced by rest of week tho I assume. First sub was minimal in that regard.

They don't care - remember last PVE 3-4 nodes were locked behind whether you could do Loki - essential or not?

It's sad, but much like 4*Thor, she won't be powered-up/essential ever again so there's that.
  • I don't disagree that the point total is odd and even that it's unfair to some degree. I mean, put the marathon nodes where everyone can get the points. Essentials have always been higher, but this definitely locks players without her out of top placements. I just simply disagree that it automatically locks you out of top 100 (number quoted in OP) or top 150.
  • fmftint
    edited December 2014
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Ok so the only way I can use Elektra in PVE is against Wolverine or save enough purple to use it twice in a row. Give them 3 strike tiles then steal on while giving them 3 more...
    this is actually an effective use of Elektra. I had enough purple to double double cross 4 times. in the end there weren't any purple tiles to give the AI any back so 3 strike tiles for me, none for them
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

In addition...I just don't think this is true. The last pvp only 50/10000 players recieved elektra. Even if every single person that gained her on their roster ground out this event to stay top 100, minimally that still leaves 50 places for the top 100. Then, since patch rewards extend down to top 150, that leaves an actual 100 places a grinder without elektra could fall into, not counting playes that can't play the event because of the holiday, or those that just don't want/ need patch.

Edit: horrid spelling

played the other nods and even went back to play few twice after being them down. Rank 169 so i think there is more then 50 in my bracket that has her. have around 4k i think top has close to 15k
  • Hey other time slices, let us know who's essential(ofc Elektra is) plz icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    raisinbman wrote:
    Hey other time slices, let us know who's essential(ofc Elektra is) plz icon_e_smile.gif

icon_daredevil.png
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enemy of the state tokens are available for another 6d 14h. Slice 2 ends in 4d 16h. Slice 5 can't be 2 days behind Slice 2.

I suspect there's another run of something after the event finishes, probably for 24 hours.
  • You can use someone like Daken to create strike tiles against Kishus that steals your strike/attack/protect tiles and converts them to strike tiles, and then steal it back with Elektra. I think that'd be a Triple Double Cross, or something.
  • That last node is evil. By the time Wolverine showed up they had 30 red AP saved up; he downed two people immediately and I didn't have a chance after that.

On the plus side, pulled an Elektra red from an event token, and I'm just playing for HP/ISO/Tokens at this point, so none of it really matters. Also on the plus side: so far it doesn't look like there will be more 36 hour nodes, so I want to thank the devs for listening to us on that one.
  • fmftint
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    on the plus side: so far it doesn't look like there will be more 36 hour nodes, so I want to thank the devs for listening to us on that one.
    I very much agree. A 24 hour sub seems right. long enough to get all node rewards, short enough that scaling doesn't get all crazy. A couple nodes hit "Hard" over night, quite manageable
  • fmftint
    Sub 3: 24 hours
    Essentials: Mohawk/Elektra
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Anyone else getting the node "black hole" bugged? When I completed it, it automatically restarted. Only way out of it was to die or retreat.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starting the third sub... based on the story and what they said in the article about the usefulness of healing powers... I am so, so glad they didn't make Beast one of the essential buffed characters. One deadweight in the form of an under-covered Electra is punishment enough...
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2014
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Anyone else getting the node "black hole" bugged? When I completed it, it automatically restarted. Only way out of it was to die or retreat.

It happened to me as well.

The node restarted after the last wave, and when I finally died I didn't get any reward. The same goes for points...

The problem is that right now my node shows as completed, although I didn't get my token.