Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Got attacked and lost 44 points. The retaliation against the attacker was worth 9 f*ucking points! Fix this s*hit!
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Lightning rounds seem impossible without a level 50 3*+. I'm running 85 O. Widow / Wolvie + level 28 hood, and I'm getting wrecked.

Edit: Scratch that, managed to get 380 points and a shield for a pretty much guaranteed hood or diabolical token, guess tanking + off hours is a thing.

If you don't have many villain covers, you're better off with the token. Hood seems like he'd be a pretty sweet 5/5/3 support, but you need someone who can do some damage.

Even Doom would be better.

I was thinking that I just needed a single villain in the 50-70s to look intimidating. Hood is one of the few villains that i have 3 covers for, so my current strategy is to get him up to a respectable level as an entry villain for LRs so that I can start reliably farming tokens.

I have a 4/5/2 hood. It's stayed lvl 20 for a reason...that reason is lack of ISO but BESIDES that he isn't great lol.

Hood has a health disorder...malnutrition I guess. It's pretty bull that rag has double his health normally...which means the difference is even worse for x3 hp lightning rounds. He is viable outside lightning rounds, but in them he gets very little of the advantage someone like doom or rag gets.

He is annoying if they have 2 other villains, but that is about it. I am only considering leveling him because I don't wanna use ragnarok...but at the dame time the only way ppl don't attack you I'd if you have 3 villains...and one of them is rag :/ so...sadly I might end up leveling rag just as a defensive hp deterrent since hood and Loki are much lower hp than the others. Sigh....
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelbris wrote:
    Lightning rounds seem impossible without a level 50 3*+. I'm running 85 O. Widow / Wolvie + level 28 hood, and I'm getting wrecked.

Edit: Scratch that, managed to get 380 points and a shield for a pretty much guaranteed hood or diabolical token, guess tanking + off hours is a thing.

If you don't have many villain covers, you're better off with the token. Hood seems like he'd be a pretty sweet 5/5/3 support, but you need someone who can do some damage.

Even Doom would be better.

I was thinking that I just needed a single villain in the 50-70s to look intimidating. Hood is one of the few villains that i have 3 covers for, so my current strategy is to get him up to a respectable level as an entry villain for LRs so that I can start reliably farming tokens.

I have a 4/5/2 hood. It's stayed lvl 20 for a reason...that reason is lack of ISO but BESIDES that he isn't great lol.

Hood has a health disorder...malnutrition I guess. It's pretty bull that rag has double his health normally...which means the difference is even worse for x3 hp lightning rounds. He is viable outside lightning rounds, but in them he gets very little of the advantage someone like doom or rag gets.

He is annoying if they have 2 other villains, but that is about it. I am only considering leveling him because I don't wanna use ragnarok...but at the dame time the only way ppl don't attack you I'd if you have 3 villains...and one of them is rag :/ so...sadly I might end up leveling rag just as a defensive hp deterrent since hood and Loki are much lower hp than the others. Sigh....

It seems like hood is one of the less competitive villain rounds though: i tried loki earlier today and couldn't even hit top 50. Would I even have a chance at getting tokens in the other rounds with just an 85 wolvie/O. Widow/Villain (most of which are 15)?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    >yielded to get the diabolical

>purple Loki

AAAAAAAGH

http://coolrunningsss.ytmnd.com

Knew I should a manipulated the RNG with a couple standard pulls...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awwww yeeeeah. Just got a doctor doom from a diabolical token from the doom round =D
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really need to widen the prize ranges. If LR are unbracketed and the game population (hopefully) increases, it's crazy to keep them the same.
    It's borderline impossible now to get a Diabolical token if you don't have a middle-level villain yet. And the only reliable way to acquire them are LR themself icon_e_confused.gif
    Every time I think I'm ready to really compete in Lightning Rounds, it turns out the player base has raised the bar just out of my reach.

I may need to start banking boosts and make a boosted, health pack burning, suicide run at one. How many fights does it usually take to hit top 50?
  • I made a run boosting for the rag round last night. Got into the top 50, then funny ruskie attacked me twice, and started my downward spiral. No diabolic token for me ;_;. RUSKIE!!!!!! *shakes fist*
  • Damn...started the mag round about 40 min in cuz I was doing the other event. Shielded the other event and only managed a diabolical. Guess what I drew? Red magneto. Now I have a 4/3/4 magneto and a red cover that I don't know what to do with. My plan was 5/3/5 but I hate throwing out covers. Blue is a must and I prefer the purple over the red but..gaaahh. wish I could trade it for ablue....
  • I started the Mag event with about 45 minutes left and just managed to scrape into the top 8 for the Blue and Purple Mags. That gives me a 1/3/5 Mags now at level 55. This was the first Lightning event I've really competed in since leveling Mags to 55 and Rags to 60, and along with a 60 Wolvie I only had 1 retaliation the entire time, and no attacks at all. I didn't realise how intimidating that team could look when it's boosted up.

Will probably tank the next Rags tourny though, I already have him at 3/5 and I've got a Green cover coming in a couple of days for the daily reward, so I'll throw a scrub team out for people to beat up.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I started the Mag event with about 45 minutes left and just managed to scrape into the top 8 for the Blue and Purple Mags. That gives me a 1/3/5 Mags now at level 55. This was the first Lightning event I've really competed in since leveling Mags to 55 and Rags to 60, and along with a 60 Wolvie I only had 1 retaliation the entire time, and no attacks at all. I didn't realise how intimidating that team could look when it's boosted up.

Will probably tank the next Rags tourny though, I already have him at 3/5 and I've got a Green cover coming in a couple of days for the daily reward, so I'll throw a scrub team out for people to beat up.

The tournement was really dead. Normally scores are a bit higher and more ppl playing. Bad time+another tournement ending I guess.
  • Damn...started the mag round about 40 min in cuz I was doing the other event. Shielded the other event and only managed a diabolical. Guess what I drew? Red magneto. Now I have a 4/3/4 magneto and a red cover that I don't know what to do with. My plan was 5/3/5 but I hate throwing out covers. Blue is a must and I prefer the purple over the red but..gaaahh. wish I could trade it for ablue....

I'll trade you a blue and a purple for it... Just sold them.

Blue and purple are easier to get in LR so sell that red so that it doesn't taunt you. 5 blue is a must and a 7k hit with the purple is so satisfying. 5/3/5 is the only way to go.
  • The tournement was really dead. Normally scores are a bit higher and more ppl playing. Bad time+another tournement ending I guess.

Yeah, I think the scores were a little lower than I'd expect for a top 8 place, I think I finished with 485 points (my final 15 point win was a few seconds too late), and I wouldn't normally expect to place higher than 8th with that score, especially starting halfway through the tourney.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I started the Mag event with about 45 minutes left and just managed to scrape into the top 8 for the Blue and Purple Mags. That gives me a 1/3/5 Mags now at level 55. This was the first Lightning event I've really competed in since leveling Mags to 55 and Rags to 60, and along with a 60 Wolvie I only had 1 retaliation the entire time, and no attacks at all. I didn't realise how intimidating that team could look when it's boosted up.

This round I would have skipped you and done two easier matches instead. But like soenottelling said, this tournament was dead. In a more competitive round you'll need triple digit villains to keep attacks away if you have a lot of points.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    This round I would have skipped you and done two easier matches instead. But like soenottelling said, this tournament was dead. In a more competitive round you'll need triple digit villains to keep attacks away if you have a lot of points.

Yeah, it was the triple digit Rags I was skipping as well. I think my team would more than likely be skipped by people right at the end of a round simply because a Rags with 10k health can take some time to beat, and with less than 10 minutes to go I'd rather have 5 quick easy matches than 3 or less more difficult matches (especially when an unlucky cascade can fuel the opposition Rags easily enough).
  • s
    Damn...started the mag round about 40 min in cuz I was doing the other event. Shielded the other event and only managed a diabolical. Guess what I drew? Red magneto. Now I have a 4/3/4 magneto and a red cover that I don't know what to do with. My plan was 5/3/5 but I hate throwing out covers. Blue is a must and I prefer the purple over the red but..gaaahh. wish I could trade it for ablue....

I'll trade you a blue and a purple for it... Just sold them.

Blue and purple are easier to get in LR so sell that red so that it doesn't taunt you. 5 blue is a must and a 7k hit with the purple is so satisfying. 5/3/5 is the only way to go.

Yea, I sold it just on the off chance I accidentally clicked it. I use his red surprisingly often in the Loki/hood rounds since I use mag/doom though since I don't use rag and need a lot of ISO for characters. The purple isn't hard to get and I probably could have grabbed top 8 if I started earlier. I'm not 100% sold on 5 purple over 4 red, but I am sure there will be some time where I am off by a few hundred damage and it would bite me if I didn't got 5 purple.

4 in blue its already pretty obvious how much better that 5th one will make it. If his blue went to 4 ap he would be a turn 1 gameover every time almost lol.
  • Hooray for lightning rounds returning! Got my Rags finally to 5/5 with a top 8 finish. Boosted Doom rocked the 6 Demon Bag. On to Mags next week- still don't have a single cover for him yet.

I'm glad I shielded up near the end because you attacked me twice at the end. Coasted into my first 1st place finish in a Rag. 4/4, one more to go then to grind Mag Blues for my 2/3/5
  • I'm not 100% sold on 5 purple over 4 red, but I am sure there will be some time where I am off by a few hundred damage and it would bite me if I didn't got 5 purple.

The difference between 4 and 5 in purple isn't a few hundred... it's well over 1000. Having enough blue on the board to do max damage isn't that rare, and you can always supplement it by using his own blue.

Note that the LR before Christmas saw top scores into the 700s. So that's probably the baseline for how high they used to reach.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Hooray for lightning rounds returning! Got my Rags finally to 5/5 with a top 8 finish. Boosted Doom rocked the 6 Demon Bag. On to Mags next week- still don't have a single cover for him yet.

I'm glad I shielded up near the end because you attacked me twice at the end. Coasted into my first 1st place finish in a Rag. 4/4, one more to go then to grind Mag Blues for my 2/3/5

That's the only reason I hit you twice - I looked at the leader board after the first attack and saw you were shielded. Glad you still hit the top spot, well played sir! All I wanted was my last red.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Hooray for lightning rounds returning! Got my Rags finally to 5/5 with a top 8 finish. Boosted Doom rocked the 6 Demon Bag. On to Mags next week- still don't have a single cover for him yet.

That's the only reason I hit you twice - I looked at the leader board after the first attack and saw you were shielded. Glad you still hit the top spot, well played sir! All I wanted was my last red.

Glad you finished off your Rag. I think I actually accidentally hit you first, I try to avoid forum people I recognize but sometimes I'm going so fast in lightning rounds I don't realize who I'm fighting. Ended up taking on some triple high level villain teams on accident yesterday which hurt
  • I do no think I have the resources to be anything close to competitive in this tournament. I mostly just far for Iso and throw in some lvl 6s.