Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• Having played around with the new mode a bit more both on my main mobile account and on steam, I found that the new mode is very unforgiving for a very new player with a low roster.. primarily due to characters not being fully covered hurts them badly... They're certainly very challenging for a new player and a bit of a nuisance to a more established player...

That aside I was noticing something very odd with the stun mechanic, if I stun one of the new NPCs, I will see a whole host of "trap disarmed" spam the board on android even if I don't even take out that NPC through damage, seen it happen with Glamora, Capt America, and 4Thor.. Didn't see it happen on the steam client but I don't have galm or 4 thor on that account
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    What a way to feature a new character, Elektra; most people only have her purple power and she is featured in an event where very few enemies have strike tiles. She's just sitting there, dead-weight, like an idiot, if you use her power she just makes 3 ENEMY tiles.
    Yeah, I'm really buying covers for that one icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm loving this event for the drops. I' am 2* to 3* transitioning. I had been having a tough time leveling up my 3*s.
    First round I've picked up 3* yellow Storm, 3* red Colossus, 3* purple Loki, two 3* blue Daredevils.
    Only **** part is chunk of the event takes place right over the holidays.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Comm Link Disrupted and the app reboots itself. Then the whole PVE went missing.

Merry Xmas to D3 servers!

Update: Whoops! All PVPs are gone as well! YAY!
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    The second sub is 24 hrs, not 36. Maybe this means all of the subs will end at the chosen end time instead of half at a 12 hr offset.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you don't have Elektra and were hoping to hit T10, give up now. Elektra essential in sub 2 is worth 2100 points + points each wave cleared (5)
  • Off from work, so I had the opportunity to try to play at the end of the first sub. Did a reasonably easy clear from start to the end until I hit the last node. It's the only one that ever wiped me, but just once, so I boosted and hopped in. **** board, and being a little groggy from waking still, I didn't count red AP, so cap took a full slash that killed him. Doh. Oh well, scrap the attempt, try again, boost again with a fresh cap and falcon (who'd gotten beat up just enough to not need a pack for the previous attempt, but now needed one from the retreat).

... and then I wiped. >.<

I cleared what I could after that, but it put me way behind. The two packs that regenerated in the next hour just barely kept me playing at a slow, careful pace, entirely skipping the last node. I did ok, holding an easy second place, but the guy at #1 buried me by just under 2k.

That also put me far behind for starting the fresh sub. I got it all done, but it took an hour, with some painful retreats mixed in. Lost two different characters to adamantium slash in that process, so even though the survival nodes are novel and different, can't say I'm really a fan of the goons feeding red to a hero sillyness again.

A little under 2 hrs till I start the clear again, this one seems a lot harder, but hopefully that had more to do with my utter lack of healthpacks for the experience. /shrug

For anyone who might be near the top of slice 1, don't give up just because I seem to have a big lead for a bit. I'm skipping some sleep and playing as optimally as I can, but there are two work days that'll fall in this event's timeframe, so there's no way I'll keep top 2. Top 10 would be great, but honestly I'll be happy with top 20. Just going to play my heart out till its work time and hope that any lead I can build helps retain that goal by event end.
  • Is there any place that I can read the dialogues and the storyline for the enemy of the state, without playing this event?
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    unimatrix wrote:
    Is there any place that I can read the dialogues and the storyline for the enemy of the state, without playing this event?

Usually someone will post them on the forums, so those who can't do the essentials can read them.
  • So as I asked earlier, I discovered the answer to my question: If you kill an enemy WITHOUT match damage, you will have time to react to their 'replacement'. So careful killing of enemies will be necessary to avoid Adamantium Slash. The same applies when you get an extra turn.

These enemies aren't particularly dangerous. Use the 'easy' rounds to prepare for insta-gibbing Wolvy. That's what I do. Or at least have a regenerator out to take redflag.png

Also, not that it matters now(Only Wolverine), but if you check your roster, any characters you CANT USE the enemy will use in survival mode.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Off from work, so I had the opportunity to try to play at the end of the first sub. Did a reasonably easy clear from start to the end until I hit the last node. It's the only one that ever wiped me, but just once, so I boosted and hopped in. **** board, and being a little groggy from waking still, I didn't count red AP, so cap took a full slash that killed him. Doh. Oh well, scrap the attempt, try again, boost again with a fresh cap and falcon (who'd gotten beat up just enough to not need a pack for the previous attempt, but now needed one from the retreat).

... and then I wiped. >.<

I cleared what I could after that, but it put me way behind. The two packs that regenerated in the next hour just barely kept me playing at a slow, careful pace, entirely skipping the last node. I did ok, holding an easy second place, but the guy at #1 buried me by just under 2k.

That also put me far behind for starting the fresh sub. I got it all done, but it took an hour, with some painful retreats mixed in. Lost two different characters to adamantium slash in that process, so even though the survival nodes are novel and different, can't say I'm really a fan of the goons feeding red to a hero sillyness again.

A little under 2 hrs till I start the clear again, this one seems a lot harder, but hopefully that had more to do with my utter lack of healthpacks for the experience. /shrug

For anyone who might be near the top of slice 1, don't give up just because I seem to have a big lead for a bit. I'm skipping some sleep and playing as optimally as I can, but there are two work days that'll fall in this event's timeframe, so there's no way I'll keep top 2. Top 10 would be great, but honestly I'll be happy with top 20. Just going to play my heart out till its work time and hope that any lead I can build helps retain that goal by event end.

I wiped three times in a row on that last node without having cleared it once. First run was a Spidey/2* Cap/Falcon attempt that wiped against the AI very quickly. Closest I ever got was having 3* Storm down Wolverine via Blizzard but both her and Falcon were close to dead since 1 2500hp caltrops & adamantium slash downed 2* Cap while the prior attempt with this same team wiped quickly as well. Absolute tinykitty tinykitty that I couldn't get one power off by the time Cap was downed which was typically around turn 4. Now I have to wait for my health packs and characters to regenerate.

Anyone have relatively easy success with another team? Only 2* Cap is fully covered at 3/5/5 while my Falcon is 2/2/1 & MoStorm is 1/2/2.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    So as I asked earlier, I discovered the answer to my question: If you kill an enemy WITHOUT match damage, you will have time to react to their 'replacement'. So careful killing of enemies will be necessary to avoid Adamantium Slash. The same applies when you get an extra turn.

These enemies aren't particularly dangerous. Use the 'easy' rounds to prepare for insta-gibbing Wolvy. That's what I do. Or at least have a regenerator out to take redflag.png

Also, not that it matters now(Only Wolverine), but if you check your roster, any characters you CANT USE the enemy will use in survival mode.

Yes. The first sub was pretty easy to plan once you knew where he came in on each node. It allowed build up AP a little while with Lcap stuns and Bird strike covering my butt against any attack tiles, then killing the last enemy before he comes out with a red frisbee, then instantly downing wolvie with the next one. This lineup looks to be tougher for the current sub, as it seems that a single 3.6k frisbee won't cut it, and there's really no other direct damage power on the team. Two nodes he popped out and killed a character on me, even though I guessed his placement in the node correctly even on the first run through, simply due to that fact.

Also, there is almost never yellow on the boards to help feed IM40 (unless I don't bring him), but the only other wipes I've had are non-survival nodes with wolvie where he gets a miracle yellow match that drops in from the sky for him, and generally when that happens with him being also fed red, the match just goes too long all of a sudden and a character goes down. If it's falcon, I can usually finish, but if its cap... not so much. The tuning is set up so that if the match takes just 'X turns', someone gonna die.
  • Vankysher wrote:
    I wiped three times in a row on that last node without having cleared it once. First run was a Spidey/2* Cap/Falcon attempt that wiped against the AI very quickly. Closest I ever got was having 3* Storm down Wolverine via Blizzard but both her and Falcon were close to dead since 1 2500hp caltrops & adamantium slash downed 2* Cap while the prior attempt with this same team wiped quickly as well. Absolute tinykitty tinykitty that I couldn't get one power off by the time Cap was downed which was typically around turn 4. Now I have to wait for my health packs and characters to regenerate.

Anyone have relatively easy success with another team? Only 2* Cap is fully covered at 3/5/5 while my Falcon is 2/2/1 & MoStorm is 1/2/2.

I also tried this node with my pvp team, 5/2/5 hulk, 5/5/2 BP and 3/5/5 OBW, but that went so badly it wasn't even funny. Sure, hulk has the HP to take an A.S., but the 5 green that joined the board from anger only helped the AI, and the next A.S. killed hulk. Boosting Stormneto with M.hawk seems like it would get it done, but the luck of the board makes that node something I expect in a gauntlet.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used 2* Cap (my LCap cant hit CDs) Falcon, Ares. Cap and Ares both have enough HP to eat a slash and by the time Wolverine joins Ares has a full stack of green to insta-kill him

Caps yellow protect+ Falcon purple protect + inspiration no one takes any real damage.
  • The last node I've been using Spidey, LThor and Hulk. Spidey's protect titles are useful and he can heal if necessary. Keep Hulk upfront to spam as much green as needed for LThor to lay out Call to Storm a couple of times and win. While LThor's red can be used to as well, if keeping red from the enemy team.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else getting that missing points bug again? I just did the Daredevil Required node and didn't get the 1000+ from that. I didn't notice until I beat another node and got the Ms Marvel reward I would otherwise have got.

As for teams, Falcon is really good for this if you get him going. Prioritise 5 blues then work on getting purple. Teamed him up with Steve Rogers because that shield is nearly infinite, plus more defense tiles with yellow and blue.
    For a third I'm using either Hulk as a tank while I get the colours together or Punisher for strike tiles.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Tony Stark had something stolen by Wolverine.
    "Please be Iron Patriot, please be Iron Patriot, please be Iron Patriot, please be icon_ironpatriot.png "

"It's a machine that makes black holes"
    Meanies!
  • My second clear of sub #2 was not hard at all. Seems like I was just having trouble trying to get it done with beat up toons.

The 'stay out of my stuff' node is the closest resemblance to the node that whooped my butt several times in the first sub. I went at it with Stormnetohawk and +3 b/p boost, some crit boosts, and b/p match damage boost, and rather felt I over boosted when it was over. Of course ya never know. Turn 5 gave me the second purple match I needed for polarity shift. I ignored blue until then, and luckily the AI did also, so there was plenty to connect. Enough for 3 criticals. With the wind storm locking wolvie in place, two more matches let all the speed shots fly, which annihilated every remaining hit point they had left, and I think 1-2 speed shot CD's wiffed air at the end. I wish those nodes could all drop like that. Hoping for board cooperation the next few clears too.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I'm actually finding that solo Wolverine + 2 goons fight to be the toughest.
    The survival ones I just gral Falcon and Steve Rogers and turtle the heck up. With the right colours I can build an inpenetrable wall of defense tiles and just keep slamming them with Cap's red move. If Wolverine shows up I'm usually well prepared (unless they happen to have 12+ red so he does Adamantium slash right out the gate).

Fighting a level 120+ Wolverine with no colours is a race to the reds usually.
  • I'm actually finding that solo Wolverine + 2 goons fight to be the toughest.
    The survival ones I just gral Falcon and Steve Rogers and turtle the heck up. With the right colours I can build an inpenetrable wall of defense tiles and just keep slamming them with Cap's red move. If Wolverine shows up I'm usually well prepared (unless they happen to have 12+ red so he does Adamantium slash right out the gate).

Fighting a level 120+ Wolverine with no colours is a race to the reds usually.

As for wolverine popping out, try to down the last enemy before he cimessage out with a red shield throw. BEFORE that tho, make sure you have at least 2 ready to go. If he scales up enough so a shield and one match won't down him, make sure you also have a blue shield. Sometimes bidding your time for 20+ turns to build the right ap for the moment is worth it. No matter what, the idea is to have him come out while it is still your turn, so down that last enemy before he shows with a power that doesn't end the turn.

On the 120+ traditional node, I agree, harder in general. Especially with that team. I've switched into c.storm/ mn.mags / m.hawk. the 3 blue/purple ap boost is well worth it to drop that mode fast and easy... board layout permitting as usual.