Forum Exclusive: Presenting Luke Cage!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Good people of the forums! The holidays are upon us and it's time for a little something special just for you. Right here, right now - exclusively in the forums - it's time to reveal our next Marvel Puzzle Quest hero.

Ladies and gentlemen, we present Luke Cage!

2s8fzbo.jpg

Born and raised in Harlem, this powerful 3-star hero with the nearly-unbreakable skin has lead both the Thunderbolts and the Avengers. Cage is all about power and stamina and is primed and ready for villain-smashing action. Here's a first-look tease at Cage's art and abilities. More will be unveiled early in the new year.

Luke Cage will make his in-game debut on December 30th and will be earnable on January 7th. Cage stars in his own Versus match on January 9th.

Luke Cage Abilities:

Righteous Uppercut (Yellow)

Unbreakable (Red)

Jab, Jab, Cross (Black)

"Sweet Christmas!"

Comments

• In just a tad bit sad "sweet christmas" is not an ability name...
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see he's a star.pngstar.pngstar.png and not a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png ! It looks like we might have a little break before the 4 star rain begins.
  • In before the forum explodes with comments about how the devs got around the "no new characters this year" by only giving an "in game preview" on December 30th.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    edited December 2014
    Power Man!

That's cool they announce it the same day the announce who's playing him on Netflix.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2 ... /20782017/
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    roster slots need to be cheaper.
    Here's a thought, how about for FUN you decide which Christmas presents you will keep. You can't have them all
  • spydoorman wrote:
    In just a tad bit sad "sweet christmas" is not an ability name...
    Or "Where's my money, honey?"
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now all we need is Iron Fist and we've got the original HFH.
  • Now all we need is Iron Fist and we've got the original HFH.

iron fist has been my most desired new character for a long time.
  • What the hell Luke Cage? Who's picking these? What's next, Klaw? Absorbing Man? Grey Gargoyle? Release Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, you know, characters non-uber nerds have heard of.

Luke Cage? Not even Iron Fist? Seriously? Not even Moon Knight?
  • Isn't Luke Cage getting a tv show or something? Maybe something to do with that
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    spydoorman wrote:
    Double damage against Doctor Doom!
  • Not sure why they're releasing him before, say, Gambit or a whole plethora of other more popular characters. Just hope his harlem skillz can killz. icon_lol.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    spydoorman wrote:
    Double damage against Doctor Doom!

Double ISO-8 would be more appropriate! icon_e_smile.gif
  • ark123 wrote:
    What the hell Luke Cage? Who's picking these? What's next, Klaw? Absorbing Man? Grey Gargoyle? Release Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, you know, characters non-uber nerds have heard of.

Luke Cage? Not even Iron Fist? Seriously? Not even Moon Knight?

I know. What kind of sick bastards make a game called MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST and then try to appeal to people who LIKE MARVEL? It's crazy town.
  • Another 3* and another roster slot combined with another 7 day PVE.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!

Time to take my Holiday Break from this game.

Happy Holidays everyone!

PS: I'll be sure to check out Contest of Champions which is more Injustice like and already has all the best heroes in it.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ, you ruined my fun of pre-leaking him! icon_e_smile.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    MPQ, you ruined my fun of pre-leaking him! icon_e_smile.gif

Then I guess you should get even by pre-leaking the next one. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Good people of the forums!

Born and raised in Harlem, this powerful 3-star hero with the nearly-unbreakable skin has lead both the Thunderbolts and the Avengers. Cage is all about power and stamina and is primed and ready for villain-smashing action. Here's a first-look tease at Cage's art and abilities. More will be unveiled early in the new year.

Luke Cage will make his in-game debut on December 30th and will be earnable on January 7th. Cage stars in his own Versus match on January 9th.

Luke Cage Abilities:
    Unbreakable (Red)
    Jab, Jab, Cross (Black)
    "

Mike Colter was announced to be Luke Cage (Power Man) for a Netflix series called Jessica Jones. So I guess this makes sense, but the color scheme and place in the roster is very Colossus like.

Looks at Colossus YELLOW RED BLACK. YELLOW (Immovable Object) equates Unbreakable red. RED Colossal Punch equates to Jab Jab Cross Black. BLACK Colossal Fastball special.. Is just awesome. Not sure if it is on the level Yellow Righteous Uppercut.

I just wish it was a different color scheme.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Good people of the forums!

Luke Cage Abilities:
    Unbreakable (Red)
    Jab, Jab, Cross (Black)
    "

Mike Colter was announced to be Luke Cage (Power Man) for a Netflix series called Jessica Jones. So I guess this makes sense, but the color scheme and place in the roster is very Colossus like.

Looks at Colossus YELLOW RED BLACK. YELLOW (Immovable Object) equates Unbreakable red. RED Colossal Punch equates to Jab Jab Cross Black. BLACK Colossal Fastball special.. Is just awesome. Not sure if it is on the level Yellow Righteous Uppercut.

I just wish it was a different color scheme.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    by Mattfal » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:44 am
    Isn't Luke Cage getting a tv show or something? Maybe something to do with that
    NicLukeas Cage is getting one I think...