Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't believe they implemented time slices to help anyone outside of the one true time zone, and then EVERY PVE after the implementation has half of the subs ending 12 hours from the chosen end time.

I can understand the first PVE, they said they only tested for 12 hr subs.
    I can maybe understand the second one, they tested 36 hours.

This one? if they're still testing, I'd expect 24 hr subs. Since it's 36 hrs instead I guess it's intentional.

Not only am I not able to choose my end time, because the choice is meaningless for half the subs, in addition to that, due to the brilliant idea to shard away the vets from the new players, I also have slices now where brackets never fill during a week long PVE for a new 4* char.

So, until you give us 24 hr or, if that's too short, 48 hr subs, you can shove your PVEs where the sun doesn't shine, Demi.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    So, until you give us 24 hr or, if that's too short, 48 hr subs, you can shove your PVEs where the sun doesn't shine, Demi.

I will not be touching this one at except maybe the +all boost or if I get into a bracket with only like 50 people all the time. Since subs are now glued to mains there is little option to get good results by only playing the subs like the good old days. (Not like tokens are much of a reward - out of the 20 Prodigal sun tokens I opened I got 18 2* and 2 3* of which I needed nada)
  • They could have a 36H sub to align the end time correctly, though that begs the question why do you have say a 9pm PST time slice that begins on 9am PST. I'd think people on the "US evening" time would prefer events start on, I don't know, US evening?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I can't believe they implemented time slices to help anyone outside of the one true time zone, and then EVERY PVE after the implementation has half of the subs ending 12 hours from the chosen end time.

I can understand the first PVE, they said they only tested for 12 hr subs.
    I can maybe understand the second one, they tested 36 hours.

This one? if they're still testing, I'd expect 24 hr subs. Since it's 36 hrs instead I guess it's intentional.

Not only am I not able to choose my end time, because the choice is meaningless for half the subs, in addition to that, due to the brilliant idea to shard away the vets from the new players, I also have slices now where brackets never fill during a week long PVE for a new 4* char.

Yeah, I joined slice 5 when the first vet bracket closed about a refresh into the 2nd sub. I don't think it even reached 800 people by the end
  • Well I enjoyed that first clear.

Real glad I won't be grinding this though. Would take me AGES.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Good to have new pve to play. Points for the effort devs!

But...

Personally, after only one clear, i'm going to make a snap judgement that i dont like this event. The goons are overpowered and the wave nodes take too long to clear. Unless the next couple of subs turn out differently (which i doubt), i'm going to tone down my participation in this pve everytime it runs even if a new 4* is the reward. It's just not worth the time and aggravation.
  • I liked my first run at least, maybe when goons get deadly the fun will stop. Falcon is insanely good, storing up Purple during the first easy waves and shielding when the bad boys come out. (Also, Attack and Strike tiles get stronger due to longer fights). He even made me survive the surprise Adamantium Slash icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    36 hour subs make absolutely no sense when combined with picking event end times. This is just stupid.

EDIT: A thought does occur though - the first one being 36 hours isn't necessarily a problem, since it usually starts 12 hours off from the end. Fingers crossed that the rest are proper even day amounts.
  • This event isn't working properly for me. The animations are lagging A LOT or just plain missing, attacks aren't used correctly, and now the game even crashed (counting as a loss for me, obviously, even though I had already downed all goons except for one). Please fix this, else I won't be able to play. (iPhone 4S user, btw) icon_e_confused.gif
  • I love this event! It is so fun!

My only complaint is this: Caltrops cannot hurt three people simultaneously.

A flamethrower can hit three people. A rocket can hit three people. An earthquake can hit three people. However, A caltrop is a basically a piece of foot-piercing shrapnel thrown onto the ground. One person may step on a caltrop and suffer an injury, but in no way can this trigger injury in others. When Caltrops goes off, it should only be hitting one character.

Unless it's meant to be a shrapnel bomb, in which case, why would it need to be caltrops at all? Caltrops are for stepping on.
  • blarkh wrote:
    I liked my first run at least, maybe when goons get deadly the fun will stop. Falcon is insanely good, storing up Purple during the first easy waves and shielding when the bad boys come out. (Also, Attack and Strike tiles get stronger due to longer fights). He even made me survive the surprise Adamantium Slash icon_e_smile.gif

Using Bird Strike and Hailstorm will help you drown out the trap tiles.
  • Just when we thought DD was fun to play, they introduce the Hand and their red CD tiles now overwrite his trap tiles. And considering within 5 turns you'll have about 6 red CD tiles on your board it makes DDs red completely useless. Way to go devs. Way to **** go. icon_mad.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    No, week long PVE's are much too long. 3-4 days is ideal, with two running every week.

And more directly on topic, it would be great if anyone who has already joined the event could post information about the format. Is it a standard pve with recharging nodes and 2:24/3hr timer, or is it something different?

Two every week? wat. You want us to grind even MORE? Subs would last a day under your scheme.

Two every week seems superior to me me in every way to the current format. Hardcore grinders still grind constantly all week long, but earn 2x the prizes. Players with less free time available still have a shot at placing well in at least one event, even if They can't play all week. So at the top end, there is no increase in the amount of play. And it's slightly more forgiving to the casual crowd. It also brings the rate of prizes awarded in pve more in line with pvp. I don't see how two events replacing one results in extra grinding so long as the total length of both tournaments is the same. Am I missing something?
  • at "Enemy Agents" node i defeated first wave but lose and when i tried again, it was like i won and Full points in countdown was working. is it bug?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    climax wrote:
    at "Enemy Agents" node i defeated first wave but lose and when i tried again, it was like i won and Full points in countdown was working. is it bug?
    you get points each wave so I would guess working as intended
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mattfal wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that the recruit token percentages are messed up? Elektra goes from 2.3 (1 pack) to 2.8 (10 and 42 packs) percent chance but no other character's percentages change. Don't know how this will effect token pulls...
    2.8% in 10-packs? Wasn't it 4.3% a month ago when 4* Thor was featured in PvP? Pack odds keep getting worse and worse.
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Just when we thought DD was fun to play, they introduce the Hand and their red CD tiles now overwrite his trap tiles. And considering within 5 turns you'll have about 6 red CD tiles on your board it makes DDs red completely useless. Way to go devs. Way to tinykitty go. icon_mad.gif

His trap tiles can also be overwritten by Wolverine placing his red strike tiles. At least that happened to me. Sucks.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can anyone else not join the event?
    I'm trying to click into time slice one, it refreshes the game and then...asks me which time slice I want again. I daren't do another one because it doesn't fit with my time schedule.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    saurus wrote:
    With week long PVEs, you need to play constantly all the time for any rewards,

I played Prodigal Sun I think for a total of 6 hours. 2 when I joined to clear the nodes at the end of those subs, 30min for 2 half-assed passes during the day, 3 hours to clear everything 4ish times at the end. Finished in 46-47th place. Elektra and the privilege of spending 650HP to slot her in for my troubles.

The only reason to grind like hell is for multi-cover placement. Even with the massive delays in bracketing, you can half-**** your way to one cover easily.
  • Finally a Patch opportunity, but during Holiday break fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu