Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I give up on the LR's. cant make it past 175 points. Its pretty much pointless to play unless you have an already buffed team. Its kinda hard to beat a Rag who has 11k health and 6-7 k health for the rest of the team
  • Thanos wrote:
    I give up on the LR's. cant make it past 175 points. Its pretty much pointless to play unless you have an already buffed team. Its kinda hard to beat a Rag who has 11k health and 6-7 k health for the rest of the team

It's tough. That's why it's such a measure of progression in the game. What team are you using? Even buffed teams can be taken out by a good 2* team backed by boosts at a decent speed. Careful opponent selection is also important. Don't take on the biggest baddest teams. If all your opponents are big bad teams, you could probably benefit from tanking a round or two.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

It's tough. That's why it's such a measure of progression in the game. What team are you using? Even buffed teams can be taken out by a good 2* team backed by boosts at a decent speed. Careful opponent selection is also important. Don't take on the biggest baddest teams. If all your opponents are big bad teams, you could probably benefit from tanking a round or two.

That is what I had to do early on when my teams were not good enough to hang. Tanking is the best part about LR.

Be warned though I need one more red Mag cover and I am going all out with my team

115 Rag 115 DD 125 Mag icon_twisted.gif
  • Thanos
    They need to have different brackets like in boxing, wrestling etc.. A light, medium and heavy weight class. I'm using one star Iron man, modern storm and widow. My best guy is a level 69 wolvie. once my health packs run out i'm done playing. Not worth spending HP to buy more.
  • This is going to be a bloodbath.
  • Thanos wrote:
    They need to have different brackets like in boxing, wrestling etc.. A light, medium and heavy weight class. I'm using one star Iron man, modern storm and widow. My best guy is a level 69 wolvie. once my health packs run out i'm done playing. Not worth spending HP to buy more.

Don't quit I was in your shoes before just takes time to get up and get better characters.
  • Thanos
    I'm not gonna quit but it is kinda annoying watching everyone else win all the prizes.
  • Thanos wrote:
    I'm not gonna quit but it is kinda annoying watching everyone else win all the prizes.

What exactly are your charters?

who? and Level
  • Thanos wrote:

Agreed, it's not. They do have different weight classes, though. Lightning rounds are the super heavy weights of the game. Not every event is for every level of player. The lightning rounds are the hardest events competition-wise in the game. You'll get there eventually if you keep progressing your roster, but you can't just skip from 1* heroes to winning 3* villains.

Edit: Some perspective - I've been playing since literally day one of this game. Not super hardcore all the time, but a solid 2 hours probably a day on average. 2 weeks ago was the first time I was able to do better than a hard won diabolical token (I think previously I had gotten a token twice).
  • So, I hope those in that first Mags round enjoyed the points off me at the end. I was kinda seeing if I could easily make it to top 2, but that wasn't going to happen so I put in a tank team after getting to 500.

Just going for 100 or 250 now, depending on time available. Have fun.
  • In the Magneto round I was #7 until Elementalor attacked me.

Top 50.

Diabolical Token.

The Hood.

Ragnarok round I only started playing 30 minutes left. Reached top 50.

Diabolical Token.

The Hood.

I got another Hood from a standard token.

Lucky?
  • Did anyone else have an especially unusual lightning round? I was playing in the Mags, at about 250 points with 30mins to go... and I could not for the life of me find anyone in the 300 range to fight, despite 6 players being over 500.

Normally, every 10-20 spins yields up someone who outranks me... but i went through 100+ without a single decent hit... all 50-150 pointers. Really frustrating when you can't even find someone to fight...
  • Zathrus wrote:
    So, I hope those in that first Mags round enjoyed the points off me at the end. I was kinda seeing if I could easily make it to top 2, but that wasn't going to happen so I put in a tank team after getting to 500.

Just going for 100 or 250 now, depending on time available. Have fun.

I sure did. I got my first blue and my final purple because of you.

Got knocked around during Rags as a result, though. I feel like I need to fully level Magneto and Doom before I can compete in that one. Also got my first Hood from the resulting diabolical token.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Placed #25 trying to get a Diabolical. My Rag is 5/4. Got the green token.

Bollocks.
  • Tanking in Hood round now. I just do not care about the Hood as a character.
  • In the Magneto round I was #7 until Elementalor attacked me.

That's odd, you showed as 100 points below that mark and I didn't see you in the bracket. Cuz I was like 8 at the time and got like 20 points. Also you fell pretty far after that, pretty sure you got hit by many more people since you got me for 30.
    The thought was that I'd hit 500 something pretty quick and shield but I got hit just after I hit you. Oh well.

Regardless Mags is the only round I'm interested in so I'm gonna have to hit whoever I can out of that amazing pool of 7 people they give us. It just so happened they gave me 4 people worth 10 points and a couple forumers.
  • Hooray for lightning rounds returning! Got my Rags finally to 5/5 with a top 8 finish. Boosted Doom rocked the 6 Demon Bag. On to Mags next week- still don't have a single cover for him yet.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lightning rounds seem impossible without a level 50 3*+. I'm running 85 O. Widow / Wolvie + level 28 hood, and I'm getting wrecked.

Edit: Scratch that, managed to get 380 points and a shield for a pretty much guaranteed hood or diabolical token, guess tanking + off hours is a thing.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Lightning rounds seem impossible without a level 50 3*+. I'm running 85 O. Widow / Wolvie + level 28 hood, and I'm getting wrecked.

Edit: Scratch that, managed to get 380 points and a shield for a pretty much guaranteed hood or diabolical token, guess tanking + off hours is a thing.

If you don't have many villain covers, you're better off with the token. Hood seems like he'd be a pretty sweet 5/5/3 support, but you need someone who can do some damage.

Even Doom would be better.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2014
    Kelbris wrote:

If you don't have many villain covers, you're better off with the token. Hood seems like he'd be a pretty sweet 5/5/3 support, but you need someone who can do some damage.

Even Doom would be better.

I was thinking that I just needed a single villain in the 50-70s to look intimidating. Hood is one of the few villains that i have 3 covers for, so my current strategy is to get him up to a respectable level as an entry villain for LRs so that I can start reliably farming tokens. For reference, i have a 1/2 rag (no way i'm getting his tokens in his LR as its super competitive), a 1/0 doom, 1/0 loki, 2/2/0 hood, and no mags covers.