**** Elektra (Unkillable) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• I got all the covers, if you PayPal me a couple hundred dollars I'll be happy to max her for ta
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs used to give us the stats for each level of each power when a new character landed. Now they don't. Go figure as to why.
  • The devs used to give us the stats for each level of each power when a new character landed. Now they don't. Go figure as to why.

It's what I call the beast effect. You look at his final stats and go "oh I guess I'm not putting any iso into him, he's garbage any way you build him". Meanwhile Blade has a surprise cherry on top of every 5th cover.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red lvl 3 - 247 dmg
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    The devs used to give us the stats for each level of each power when a new character landed. Now they don't. Go figure as to why.

It's what I call the beast effect. You look at his final stats and go "oh I guess I'm not putting any iso into him, he's garbage any way you build him". Meanwhile Blade has a surprise cherry on top of every 5th cover.
    Nah, ice was the only one who did that, and he hasn't been around i na while
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I finally get a fully covered Electra (so roughly 2017 at my current 4* collection rate), I plan to pair her with Doc Ock.

I give you free stike tiles, I turn them into attack tiles for me. Now what Yellow user would pair well with them? Perhaps the Hood?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    I got all the covers, if you PayPal me a couple hundred dollars I'll be happy to max her for ta

Rats, but my PayPal stopped working. Would you take my Social Security number, along with my mother's maiden name, and a list of my 1st and favorite things?
  • ark123 wrote:
    I got all the covers, if you PayPal me a couple hundred dollars I'll be happy to max her for ta

if u have all covers tells us her abilities, no need to act like demiurge and hide it
  • Spoit
    raisinbman wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

if u have all covers tells us her abilities, no need to act like demiurge and hide it
    I think he meant he had all of them as in a 1/1/1 situation, not as in maxed
  • Spoit wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

I think he meant he had all of them as in a 1/1/1 situation, not as in maxed

I did
  • Spoit wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Wait, IceIX is gone? ; _ ;
  • Spoit
    Oversoul wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Wait, IceIX is gone? ; _ ;
    nah, he's around occasionally, but he doesn't post that often any more, now that they have HiFi
  • Colo has them at 3/3/3 at level 70 which allows us to see the level 4 stats, and usually at 270 the raw numbers are double, so we have:

purple: Steal 2 strike and add strength by 73, creates 3X9 strike tile for enemy.
    black: creates 3 traps, traps do 429 damage when used to negate damage.
    red: trap does 356 damage per turn.

Multiply by 2 we get their level 270 stats:

purple: steal 2 strike tile, add strength by 146, creates 3X18 for enemy
    black: creates 3 traps, traps do 858 damage when used to negate damage
    red: trap does 712 damage per turn

So unless level 5 does something really amazing we're currently looking at up to 292 strike tile strength + whatever their original strength was if the enemy can create tiles for 7 purple AP, or 14 AP for 2 strike tiles for 328 total strike tile strength if the enemy cannot create strike tiles. Black would be 3 hits for 2574 damage. Red is just 712 damage and it seems safe to assume it'll settle at near 1000 like the preview claims at level 5.

In short, nothing really exciting.
  • turul
    level 5 purpletile.png : steal 3rd strike tile if friendly trap is present, strength +186 (lvl 139)
    level 5 blacktile.png 4 traps
    level 5 redtile.png 1054 dmg (lvl 139)

why couldnt she steal all strike tiles at 5 icon_e_sad.gif
    other abilites should be at least +33%.
  • The best I've found is a 4/4/4 250,
    level 5 purpletile.png : steals 2 enemy strike tiles, steal 3rd if friendly trap is present, strength +199. Converts 3 random purpletile.png basic into strength 18 enemy strike tiles (Level 250)
    level 5 blacktile.png 4 traps that generate AP and deal 840 damage, if Elektra would take damage (Level 250)
    level 5 redtile.png random red trap tile that deals 1126 damage at the beginning of every turn (Level 250)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So after seeing her abilities, this is my reasoning regarding her. Anyone that has the capability to max out Elektra can max out XF / LadyThor as well, so she should be compared directly to them.
    1. Red is a standard, average ability. We know that blade purple, mohawk black are similar dmg / cost, so this is directly comparable to that. One benefit is that the guy on offense can't see the trap so can't match it as easily.
    2. Her black seems... okayish. level 5 is 4 traps dealing 800 damage each and refunding 1 black AP. This isn't too bad, except for the fact that you need her to be in front to activate it, which can be annoying since that means you need to match her colors.
    3. Purple is amazing against Daken/Blade specifically, bad otherwise. Holding out and banking on someone making strike tiles such as Punisher or BP is a bad idea, so the only time you can use it reliably is against those passive strike tile guys like daken and blade. Note that using it when no one is around to make 340 dmg tiles for 14 purple AP seems... pretty bad.

Now, since XF / LadyThor exist and Elektra's black / red seem kinda bad compared to them, the only thing Elektra has going for her is her purple, which can be ridiculous if you can steal enemy strike tiles.

In PvP, everyone is using XF / LadyThor, so the only time you would ever run her in PvP is in Daken / Blade's tournament. You aren't going to get reliable strike tiles any other way, and thus would never use her over XF / LadyThor.
    In PvE, she is good against... Daken / Blade nodes, and pretty terrible otherwise.

5 purple seems obvious by this reasoning. You can go 3/5/5 to make her "better in general", but she still ends up mediocre compared to XF / Ladythor, so you might as well optimize her as the counter to strike tiles and go 5 covers in the 1 ability that she has better than anyone else.

TLDR: she snipes Daken / Blade, and is pretty poor otherwise compared to XF / LadyThor.
  • Let's just say the opponent magically always have 3 1 strength strike tiles to steal. At 7 purple AP that's 3 match range and probably not better than Battleplan or Judgment by a meaningful amount if at all, and of course that's ignoring both Battleplan/Judgment doesn't need this borderline nonsensical board state to be used. Even compared to Settlement it's not necessarily better because Settlement works on more stuff, and assuming you're not making your own special tiles, it's pretty much the same as stealing 2 strike tiles too and yet Settlement is a very borderline ability.

There's nothing particularly hard about getting Elektra out in front to use black but it just doesn't do much. Assuming all the traps get triggered you can say that's 6 black for 3200 damage, which I guess is okay except there's Surgical Strike as the gold standard of black ability, and remember you can't use this ability until you have 10 black so the cost is comparable. Even if we move away from Surgical Strike, this ability doesn't seem to compare well against Inferno or Rage of the Panther from an offense point of view. Now it can also defend against at least one move when used correctly but again any of those 3 moves when used offensively can usually preemptively get rid of whatever threat you're worried about especially for PvP where you don't have to worry about guys with way too much HPs. It might be more useful for PvE just because the enemy HP/damage numbers are much bigger there, though trying to drag out a fight in PvE against overscaled enemies is generally a very bad idea.

Red really wouldn't matter too much unless you have Captain America because it'd only matter if you have a case that looks something like

redtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png

That is, being able to see the trap would always let you know which red to destroy, but there's a 25% chance you might miss the trap if you can't see it. You obviously will immediately try to make all the available red matches as soon as it hits and since only Captain America can do precise tile elimination at a reasonable price it'd only matter against him. Sure you can think of some farfetched scenario like if you have Twin Pistols and you guessed wrong on which red to hit so we get the benefit out of the trap being hidden, but these are very farfetched scenarios.

It seems to me she's more of a filler 4* which would make sense if her covers are as easily obtained as Devil Dino during the anniversary week, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Red really wouldn't matter too much unless you have Captain America because it'd only matter if you have a case that looks something like

redtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png

That is, being able to see the trap would always let you know which red to destroy, but there's a 25% chance you might miss the trap if you can't see it. You obviously will immediately try to make all the available red matches as soon as it hits and since only Captain America can do precise tile elimination at a reasonable price it'd only matter against him. Sure you can think of some farfetched scenario like if you have Twin Pistols and you guessed wrong on which red to hit so we get the benefit out of the trap being hidden, but these are very farfetched scenarios.

I think you're greatly underestimating the value of it being a trap on defense, because theres a large opportunity of spending your turn to match-3 red if the trap wasn't there, especially if you don't have a good red on your team (rare as you normally say outside of ladythor). Just as an easy example, lets say that there's a red match-3 available with 9 red tiles on board: do you go for the 33% chance to destroy the trap, or do you ignore it? If it was a cd, you'd obviously destroy it since you know it will be destroyed, but since its a trap, you might decide to either not go for it and have it be there, dealing additional dmg, or go for it and have it not be there, leading you to make a potentially suboptimal match.
    Let's just say the opponent magically always have 3 1 strength strike tiles to steal. At 7 purple AP that's 3 match range and probably not better than Battleplan or Judgment by a meaningful amount if at all, and of course that's ignoring both Battleplan/Judgment doesn't need this borderline nonsensical board state to be used. Even compared to Settlement it's not necessarily better because Settlement works on more stuff, and assuming you're not making your own special tiles, it's pretty much the same as stealing 2 strike tiles too and yet Settlement is a very borderline ability.

I think the point is that you use it right after a judgement or battleplan. Battleplan is 525 damage worth of strike tiles in value (damn seriously? that's pretty good). Stealing 3 battleplan tiles gives you ~1k damage in strike tiles while removing theirs, which also has additional value. Even in the case of the daken sniperinos, + 600 damage in strike tiles for you and - 150 damage for them is clearly above the curve. I would think that her ability is better than settlement simply because settlement messes with your own tiles if you cast it with tiles out, and elektra's doesnt.

Agreed that she seems like a filler 3*. Dino probably has more utility than her, unfortunately.
  • turul
    edited December 2014
    Best build seems 553.

5 purpletile.png : Most strike tiles stealed against passive & non-passive strikegenerator abilites, including herself
    5 blacktile.png Most cost-regenration & dmg (also, more HP shielded)
    3 redtile.png Too weak & fragile at this cost & boring

But we will have a better look at the "Elektra ShowOff Season" = Probably Elektra-Lightning rounds
  • 3. Purple is amazing against Daken/Blade specifically, bad otherwise. Holding out and banking on someone making strike tiles such as Punisher or BP is a bad idea, so the only time you can use it reliably is against those passive strike tile guys like daken and blade. Note that using it when no one is around to make 340 dmg tiles for 14 purple AP seems... pretty bad.

Well that's the thing, you don't need to hold out for the opponent to place strike tiles... and I don't mean the dev's suggest idea of using the ability twice... Have patch or 3* Captain Marvel on your team.... Both have abilities which when you use them put a strike tile for the opposing team... Now you'll probably wouldn't use Captain Marvel with Electra because there is too much overlap on their colors and thus negating one of their abilities that depends on either to get hit, however Patch is much more viable team member for Electra... So her purple isn't utterly useless even if the opposing team doesn't place down strike tiles
This discussion has been closed.