Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Dang, was really hoping for Top 2 with Dr Doom but Krelian bombed me -39 ...still top 8 though hehe icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bleh, got hit for one hit from rank 27 to like 53. Not enough time to do another match.

This scoring does indeed suck.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    My first and last lightning round I will do. F this scoring.

Lol agreed. I went from top100 to top1000 in the last five mins. People with 26 points attacking me... **** icon_lol.gif
  • They really need to widen the prize ranges. If LR are unbracketed and the game population (hopefully) increases, it's crazy to keep them the same.
    It's borderline impossible now to get a Diabolical token if you don't have a middle-level villain yet. And the only reliable way to acquire them are LR themself icon_e_confused.gif

I ended up getting pushed UP into the top 25, which is new for me. If people want to crest at the diabolical token range during Rags and Mags rounds, then I will not mind one bit. I will wave to them on my way up.
  • It's futile trying to land in 26-50 with this new wonky scoring.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    It's futile trying to land in 26-50 with this new wonky scoring.
    *unless you shield.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    *unless you shield.

shielding wont help much because its hard to predict what will be the 26-50 score since its so damn fluid.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    *unless you shield.

shielding wont help much because its hard to predict what will be the 26-50 score since its so damn fluid.

I saw a wall of people at 367 for the last round. They got the diabolical tokens. I think I am just going to try for a heroic token in the Loki round.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    *unless you shield.

I think you'll be good to go if you can shield in the high 20's with 15 minutes to go. The scores are so closely packed together in that range that you have quite a good chance. But of course it isn't guaranteed just like any other strat.

And at least the ISO is still good.
  • The LR definitely needs to be restructured in some way if this game becomes more popular. I can see the format working fine when you only have a handful of people playing, but there's no way that's a sustainable model if you've an active population of say, 200K, and I suspect we're past 100K looking at SHIELD training ranks (I'm down to 110K place now) and The Hulk events. I understand they don't want to hand out those guaranteed 3 star villian covers very often, but having virtually no chance of anyone who isn't close to maxed on villians is just pointless.

I'd suggest make smaller brackets (say 10K) and give top 25 Diabolical Tokens instead. I mean, I wouldn't say no if they hand out guaranteed 3 star covers either, but I'm guessing they don't want to actually do that!
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    My first and last lightning round I will do. F this scoring.

I think I am just going to do them for the ISO for now. I think I can push and get top 50 or better In most if I aim for first but I either don't use (rag) or have max of the bottom rung of every lightning round except magneto who i need 1 blue/purple to finish. That means 1 1/2 hrs of speeding through rounds looking to either get 25 hp or a diabolical token that might give me 25 hp anyway. Not worth the work if I don't think I can actually hit the top 8. Which I might..but it would require a huge mix of luck and timing. More importantly...too hard to "aim" for the diabolical if its all hood scoring and with every week there are more high lvl villains making it harder and harder to 1. Avoid ragnaroks. 2. Place well 3. Stay outside of the range where ppl attack you constantly in the last few min.

O well. I just feel bad for the players looking to get their first diabolical token...I am not sure how possible that is anymore. I started late and didn't play nonestop at the end (my gaf lvl was very low) and I finished 50-100 using a 115 mag/93 doom/x (x=thor/wolvie/69 spidey). 3 weeks ago my team would have allowed a pretty easy top 8 finish with the same lvl of work most likely as u woukdnt see Much in the way of retaliations.

@phan: the hulk events were seeing about 65k participants in them by the end. I would say we are only at about 70k and maybe 40k who play at all regularly (more than 2 hrs a week).
  • DDD, I thought you have all the villain covers already? 0_o
  • mechgouki wrote:
    DDD, I thought you have all the villain covers already? 0_o

i do, i only play for isos and MMR adjustment
  • I can't believe I got top 25 0.0 my highest ranking yet
  • 86 doom and 64 rag carried me to diabolical, got my 5th thunderclap. Only got hit 2 or 3 times in 90 minutes though.
  • ShavedDome
    ShavedDome Posts: 61 Match Maker
    This may be listed here somewhere but is it normal for my rags to be debuffed? At lev 58 has 3704 in shield training but only 1112 in lr? Going up against another rags they look to be normal in lr.
  • ShavedDome wrote:
    This may be listed here somewhere but is it normal for my rags to be debuffed? At lev 58 has 3704 in shield training but only 1112 in lr? Going up against another rags they look to be normal in lr.

Shows up buffed for me. Red crystal to the top left of him and more hp in the character selection for LR.
  • ShavedDome wrote:

Based on the fact in lr they get x3 hp...it would look like you Arr looking at a rag merely missing a digit on the display (3700*3=11100)
  • ShavedDome
    Now that I could live with. Will it a shot.
  • ShavedDome
    Can you say old eyes. That and my brain couldn't picture having that much hp.