Lightning Rounds, Jan 07

Comments

• Oversoul wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Oversoul -- LR are pure progression... but not progression awards. You start off by getting a good enough ranking to get a Diabolical (or lucky pulls from standard/heroic). You build up that villain, then leverage that to place better in other rounds. Rinse and repeat. The hard rounds are Rags and Mags. Hood is difficult only because of the huge point swings.

A good team to use before you have any villains is Wolverine/C Storm/villain or Wolverine/Thor/villain -- as long as Wolverine is tanking for you (which is why my C Storm is L83 instead of 85).

Edit: Duh. OBW now instead of Storm. Way better team.

The only top 100 I've gotten was playing off hours. I might have gotten a bagman for that one, though. I got a bagman for my doubleshot token, too...

Im not sure who got trolled harder with the double shot token, I got a Bag Captain :p
  • Haha. I got lucky and got the last IM40 cover I needed/anted (I'm 5/5/2 now, and I'm fine with that till I max him levelwise).
  • Hah I was wondering why the game was going so slow at the end of that round. 150MB update.
  • Got hit right at the end. Nearly had my first Hood yellow. Oh well.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Got hit right at the end. Nearly had my first Hood yellow. Oh well.

I saw you there... lurking in second. It wasn't me who attacked you, but I missed out too. That bracket was like the forum all stars. You, Nemek, Zathrus, and me. Not like I'm an all star... well I post a lot... or something.

Anyway, a lot of familiar names.

As far as the sheild experiment, I think I would have gotten a lot more out of it if I had bag man'd. As it was, only one person attacked me, with Rags/Mags/Hood. I'm betting I can generate a stronger slingshot with a tanking team and the shield.
  • Misguided wrote:

How do u not have a yellow hood yet?!?!?
  • Misguided wrote:

Doh. I saw you up there with a few minutes to go. I waved from #4900th or so place.
  • Misguided wrote:

Until this round, I only had 3 blue. Those were all token draws. I've never competed seriously in a Hood round.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

Until this round, I only had 3 blue. Those were all token draws. I've never competed seriously in a Hood round.

To be fair, my 3 yellow are all from tokens of some sort. The blues and blacks were from placing in hood rounds mostly. I usually skip it too. Designated tank round.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    I threw a shield up, but did it wrong, not bag manning out first.
    Only reason I did that is my lunch is over and I can't stare a the screen relentlessly. It wears off 15 minutes before the end, so we shall see how this goes.

Good for an experiment anyway.

Also I drew the bracket with Nemek And Zathrus... at least I didn't see DumDum like usual

There are no brackets for lightning rounds. Unless you mean your MMR was drawing Nemek and Zathrus and they were showing up in your fights.
  • jozier wrote:
    There are no brackets for lightning rounds. Unless you mean your MMR was drawing Nemek and Zathrus and they were showing up in your fights.

I'd be amazed if anyone drew me AND Nemek right now... my MMR is sleeping with the fishes.
  • jozier wrote:
    rabscutle wrote:
    Only reason I did that is my lunch is over and I can't stare a the screen relentlessly. It wears off 15 minutes before the end, so we shall see how this goes.

Also I drew the bracket with Nemek And Zathrus... at least I didn't see DumDum like usual

Wow now I feel dumb. I could have sworn there were brackets. What I was referring to was the top ranking, not the matches. I saw them at the start of the event in the top places.
  • rabscutle wrote:

i dont play lightning rounds anymore i just get to 250 and throw up my bagman lol
  • dr doom scoring seems off lol
  • forgrim wrote:
    dr doom scoring seems off lol

the cynic in me thinks the devs messed up the scoring on purpose to introduce shields
  • forgrim wrote:
    dr doom scoring seems off lol

As I expected...the scoring is hood round. Afterall, if the scoring for PvP was messed why wouldn't lightning rounds? I am not sure iceIX is even in the loop with this change. It may have been on purpose I feel. I don't know how I should proceed. My doom is 5/4...so I don't need the round..but pushing at all will be luck/gimmick/hp based for all the rounds and getting the diabolical on purpose will be nearly impossible. At least ppl didn't play hood rounds. Mag/rag will be...questionable...without a maxed rag team.

Maybe my goal will just be to attack anyone I see with a high rag. Just cuz u know...reasons.
  • Closed my office door for 30 min. Hope to get a diabolical token. Will see. It slow climb after 175 it seemed.
  • Closed my office door for 30 min. Hope to get a diabolical token. Will see. It slow climb after 175 it seemed.

Looks like you are on your way to at least top 8. I am trying to stop fighting now until I slide down into diabolical token range.
  • My first and last lightning round I will do. F this scoring.
  • They really need to widen the prize ranges. If LR are unbracketed and the game population (hopefully) increases, it's crazy to keep them the same.
    It's borderline impossible now to get a Diabolical token if you don't have a middle-level villain yet. And the only reliable way to acquire them are LR themself icon_e_confused.gif