The best Recovery failures

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I have mentioned to my alliance mates and some others that Xforce's Recovery power so seldom works for me. Quite often I will try to use it as the match is nearing the close, so I can be near full health for the next fight, but the best laid plans of mice and men....

My best story by far was when my xforce was at extremely low health in the middle of the match. Like double digits. I had a recovery tile and tanked with everyone else until it could go off. When it popped, it healed xforce and then dropped a red match, triggering Ambush and immediately killing Xforce. Hilarious.

I have also had them where it is one turn from going off and I have a goon with 1500 health when a magic cascade drops half the board killing the last goon before Recovery triggers.

But the real insult was last night when I was almost finished with the match and just waiting for Recovery to pop when I got hit by a Snarky Remark team up, while the enemy had such little health I would not be able to drag it out any longer. Sheesh.

Got any good Recovery failure stories?

Comments

• Nothing quite as interesting but one time I had something like 30 yellow AP, dropped a Recovery at the end of a fight for heal and it got matched away, so I decided if one Recovery tile isn't going to do it I should just drop 2. Of course the AI matched one and then cascaded into a second one and killed himself from the damage triggered by the tile destruction.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I cannot count how many times I have a completely safe tile there is just a simple match three above it and the falling tiles create a match 4 and destroy it. My favorites are going against goons and not watching their AP or the TU they get all of a sudden an OBW Anti-Gravity device goes off but my biggest bane is Hawkeye's Arrow Stab, it always seems to be in that row.
  • I also had a time where Moonstone stole my Recovery tile.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I also had a time where Moonstone stole my Recovery tile.

I hear she's pretty underrated.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've mentioned a few times in our alliance chat that I think XF's yellow is his most powerful ability. It's better than whales whale whales I think.

I cannot count the number of times I have dropped that cd tile to have the match end before it goes off no matter how hard I try.

It's like the AI's cascade kryptonite.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I once dropped 3 recovery tiles at a time because I had the AP, because I figured at least one would go off.

Did not go as expected.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Several times Daken has died prologue healing due to 5+ turns of no blue on the board.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Several times Daken has died prologue healing due to 5+ turns of no blue on the board.
    Not to hijack the thread, but THIS. I swear the AI knows when I'm jumping into prologue to heal Daken and it gives me a tiny kitty board with no blue.

I've also dropped a Recovery and wound up having CMags or some other non true healer like CMags take more damage than reasonable while waiting for it to pop.
  • mmrosek
    Options
    Immediately after reading this post, I dropped it on Ares with 1,500 health left. Max protected my tile, all is well, countdown at 1, Ares still with loads of health...and he uses Sunder to kill himself. Not only did I not get healed, but insult to injury with the 2k+ damage.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me, I waited until there were only 2 yellow on the board to drop my Recovery. But the Ai's next move causes a cascade that removed BOTH YELLOW, icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Now I'm stuck with an Xforce that has less than 400 health and Not One Single yellow tile on the board. And to make it worse, no yellows dropped until After Xforce was dead. Then I had several drop back to back.

I think the Ai was just toying with me... "What, you think you are going to play it safe and drop your recovery with no other yellow so it can't be matched away? I don't think so silly human. icon_twisted.gif . I'll just take ALL the yellow! icon_twisted.gif "
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    A couple nights ago, similar to Phantrons first post, I dropped two Recoveries, then matched 3 in a column at the top (stupid me). Three of the same color dropped, which was the same as the top one creating a match four....which took out one of the Recoveries. That pop then created another match four taking out the other Recovery....which killed the last remaining opponent ending the match.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's hard to beat the fail of Moonstone stealing the tile and having it actually resolve and fully heal her. I actually had this happen and cause a small cascade that wiped my star spangled avenger cd tile to boot
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Not to hijack the thread, but THIS. I swear the AI knows when I'm jumping into prologue to heal Daken and it gives me a tiny kitty board with no blue.

I've also dropped a Recovery and wound up having CMags or some other non true healer like CMags take more damage than reasonable while waiting for it to pop.
    Quite a few times I've used Recovery when I could have won the battle, taken my fair share of damage, and then had the tile cascaded away one turn before it goes off

Yesterday in the nodes with Falcon I was constantly, CONSTANTLY using recovery against falcon with no other special tiles on the board. I never learned.