*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of which, who has the biggest pool of Deadpool points? I've never used the big whales, but I also don't run him more than a couple times a week - I'm sitting at 221329. I want to see a super secret Deadpool fourth-wall break at 1mil! icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Speaking of which, who has the biggest pool of Deadpool points? I've never used the big whales, but I also don't run him more than a couple times a week - I'm sitting at 221329. I want to see a super secret Deadpool fourth-wall break at 1mil! icon_e_wink.gif

I think I was at 217k yesterday, but that was before I got my daily supply, so I'm probably right behind you.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I have close to 400K DP points. Use him daily in the original story H.A.M.M.E.R. event against level 3 Doctor Doom. One or two moves and done, get your points for the day.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    rawl316 wrote:
    Is it possible to purchase these?

Yes, just pm your credit card #, how many you want and I will ship them Immediately.
  • Since my Deadpool has black at 3, he tends to die a lot, often way before I get those 14 purple to call on all those whales. So my thought here is that maybe I should have healing at 4 and whales at 4, to keep him alive longer and let him maximize the use of the whales. I'd rather have Deadpool alive and sending down a stream of 3000 damage whales, than having a dead Deadpool that can't call those 4000 damage whales at all.

And healing 5 is quite interesting since he gains more health than he loses.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Any thoughts on if he is playable at 5/5/1 build (how I have him)? It looks like enough to be a defensive deterrent and is fully covered for the offensive powers
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Any thoughts on if he is playable at 5/5/1 build (how I have him)? It looks like enough to be a defensive deterrent and is fully covered for the offensive powers
    DP won't deter anyone, but yeah, black doesn't matter at all. if it weren't for the level cap, 550 might be attractive, to not have him not jump out and kill himself
  • I don't see why his black is so bad. Sure, on defense it will never matter, but on offense you can use his black both in PvP and PvE. I've lost count on the times Ares or Psylocke or Daken hits me with their cheap abilities, but the thing is that you can almost always calculate when the computer will use their powers: When they have enough mana. I think having an efficient self-healing machine like Deadpool can save you a lot of health packs in the long run. Used correctly, he'll always protect your weak characters and heal himself afterwards. On the other hand, it's not fun to lower those powerful abilities of his...
  • His black is incredible as long as he isn't your main damage threat.

For instance, if you have 4hor or Xforce, Deadpool is an ideal partner.

Merely because it increases the health of your damage threat by at least 6800.
  • Spoit
    Daige wrote:
    I don't see why his black is so bad. Sure, on defense it will never matter, but on offense you can use his black both in PvP and PvE. I've lost count on the times Ares or Psylocke or Daken hits me with their cheap abilities, but the thing is that you can almost always calculate when the computer will use their powers: When they have enough mana. I think having an efficient self-healing machine like Deadpool can save you a lot of health packs in the long run. Used correctly, he'll always protect your weak characters and heal himself afterwards. On the other hand, it's not fun to lower those powerful abilities of his...
    He really doesn't self heal that much. At max level it's only like 1.5k, which isn't very much when powers are like 4k a hit. Plus he then takes any extra powers or match damage that turn without generating a second tile.

When X-force or FT is at the point where he'd actually be using his black, you're going to be using a medpack on them after the fight anyway (or prologue healing), so him jumping in front to take the hit usually means that now you're using 2 instead of one.
  • His black is no good because the game doesn't favor a series of weak hitting moves. The dominant strategy is go big or go home. Usually by the time something fires off a move someone is going down in one hit and Deadpool would hardly matter. He used to be better before Daken was nerfed because Daken can consistently generate enough strike tiles on his own to trigger the black. About the limit of his usefulness of black is an extra 6800 HP for The Hood, but now that Loki has been buffed, you could just bring Loki for the extra AP drain and Illusions while only giving up around 1000 HP.
  • Spoit
    Phantron wrote:
    His black is no good because the game doesn't favor a series of weak hitting moves. The dominant strategy is go big or go home. Usually by the time something fires off a move someone is going down in one hit and Deadpool would hardly matter. He used to be better before Daken was nerfed because Daken can consistently generate enough strike tiles on his own to trigger the black. About the limit of his usefulness of black is an extra 6800 HP for The Hood, but now that Loki has been buffed, you could just bring Loki for the extra AP drain and Illusions while only giving up around 1000 HP.
    At almost 900 damage to trigger, you were only hitting that off daken tiles when he was overscaled in pve, of if they got a lucky crit match on a primary color
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    His black is no good because the game doesn't favor a series of weak hitting moves. The dominant strategy is go big or go home. Usually by the time something fires off a move someone is going down in one hit and Deadpool would hardly matter. He used to be better before Daken was nerfed because Daken can consistently generate enough strike tiles on his own to trigger the black. About the limit of his usefulness of black is an extra 6800 HP for The Hood, but now that Loki has been buffed, you could just bring Loki for the extra AP drain and Illusions while only giving up around 1000 HP.
    At almost 900 damage to trigger, you were only hitting that off daken tiles when he was overscaled in pve, of if they got a lucky crit match on a primary color

Pre nerf Daken used to be able to pump out that kind of damage, though by the time it's hitting that you're probably dead anyway because any cascade would easily kill Deadpool and anyone else.
  • Spoit
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Pre nerf Daken used to be able to pump out that kind of damage, though by the time it's hitting that you're probably dead anyway because any cascade would easily kill Deadpool and anyone else.
    I only ever broke 1k with him while running falcon. It used to be what, 70 a tile? Without falcon, you'd need like 10 tiles to break 1k
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I only ever broke 1k with him while running falcon. It used to be what, 70 a tile? Without falcon, you'd need like 10 tiles to break 1k

That's still only 5 total green matches. Not likely, but it's possible. Of course I doubt you'll be saying "I got them exactly where I want them to be" when the enemy is dropping 1K match 3s on you which kind of illustrates how absurd the ability is in the first place.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there are two things they could do to Deadpool to improve his quality of life.

First would be to make Whales 3x cost less but I'm not sure they would do that, and if they did it would have to lose some damage, so I would be willing to put that on the side but.

HOW TO IMPROVE DEADPOOL
    Lower the threshold that he jumps in to block damage. This would give him amazing versatility. You could opt for a higher damaging Deadpool or you could have him maxed out with Black and that he keeps jumping in front and healing for more damage than he normally would take. I would just make it 5% of his maximum health, so he would jump in at 340 dmg or more, this could make him a very valued character.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think there are two things they could do to Deadpool to improve his quality of life.

First would be to make Whales 3x cost less but I'm not sure they would do that, and if they did it would have to lose some damage, so I would be willing to put that on the side but.

HOW TO IMPROVE DEADPOOL
    Lower the threshold that he jumps in to block damage. This would give him amazing versatility. You could opt for a higher damaging Deadpool or you could have him maxed out with Black and that he keeps jumping in front and healing for more damage than he normally would take. I would just make it 5% of his maximum health, so he would jump in at 340 dmg or more, this could make him a very valued character.

I think with deadpool you just need to lower the cost of whales to 12. This makes 4 matches instead of 5 and makes it much more usefull. It is still very powerfull and great for 395 PVE nodes. I also think when the Dev's were creating him they thought his black would be much better and players would want him at 5 black becuase he could heal more than the damage he took. I am not saying I want 5 black, but I can see the apeal of 5 black.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

HOW TO IMPROVE DEADPOOL
    One of the big problems with his black is that it does nothing if he's targeted or on subsequent hits after he comes to the front. I'm not sure why it makes sense that it doesn't activate if HE gets hit for 869 and I don't think it would be overpowered if it did
  • Anyone try Super Whales in the survival nodes? Wondering if it's still an instant-win or just gets rid of the current enemies.
  • gamar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

HOW TO IMPROVE DEADPOOL
    One of the big problems with his black is that it does nothing if he's targeted or on subsequent hits after he comes to the front. I'm not sure why it makes sense that it doesn't activate if HE gets hit for 869 and I don't think it would be overpowered if it did

Another semi-minor problem I have with the ability is Deadpool only has 6800 health. He's not really jumping in front of many people from the word go. 8500 would be better for him to use this ability. Either 8500 health OR incorporate a passive healing into the black power as well.