**** Elektra (Unkillable) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Whoh, whoh, whoh, Phaser. I'm not calling her good or otherwise desireable as a character but his point was about PVP defense and she still seems pretty AI proof. If your AI team gets 7 purple AP, it spits out **** strike tiles, no biggie. If it ends up with 14, you get a strike tile advantage. Neither of them seem like "terrible on defense" conditions.

She seems like a different Psylocke to me, which is what I think they were going for - a 3-4* transition character much like Psy is for 2-3*. However, they already have the top end 4* rounding out, so putting out Elektra after that makes no sense except for us FTP folk who are fine wading in the 3* pool. Whales already have the 4*'s they need but maybe we're wrong about Elektra and she'll be meta-altering, blahahaha.
  • This whole talk about purple reminds me of when Psylocke came out everyone thought all you need is quickly collect 21 red AP and then you can spam 5 red Psychic Knives for the win. 14 purple is an eternity in MPQ even with boosts, let alone without. There's a reason why people don't have their primary attack revolving around TBTI, Twin Pistols, or Whales.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    orbitalint wrote:
    Whoh, whoh, whoh, Phaser. I'm not calling her good or otherwise desireable as a character but his point was about PVP defense and she still seems pretty AI proof. If your AI team gets 7 purple AP, it spits out **** strike tiles, no biggie. If it ends up with 14, you get a strike tile advantage. Neither of them seem like "terrible on defense" conditions.

She seems like a different Psylocke to me, which is what I think they were going for - a 3-4* transition character much like Psy is for 2-3*. However, they already have the top end 4* rounding out, so putting out Elektra after that makes no sense except for us FTP folk who are fine wading in the 3* pool. Whales already have the 4*'s they need but maybe we're wrong about Elektra and she'll be meta-altering, blahahaha.

Lol, I was in no way trying to call you out, sorry if it came up that way, I was in more response to the red that posted as if it makes her vastly better that on first cast it gives you nothing but them tiles, why would I ever want to spend 3 turns of gathering purple to give them tiles? Given if you fully boost you could lay this out first turn, but again the odds of all those tiles surviving are small. I'm pretty much aiming for a 3/5/5 build, the promise of significant damage for attacking her and not taking damage has her becoming lethal to 395's in PvE so for me that's a for sure max, the red is pretty obvious since it's your only form of direct damage, not liking the begining of turn as it plays more like a CD tile than an attack tile, but if the damage is large no biggie. The only way I see puprle being worth it is like Phantron said the strike tile that comes back in your favor is just massive.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:

Lol, I was in no way trying to call you out, sorry if it came up that way, I was in more response to the red that posted as if it makes her vastly better that on first cast it gives you nothing but them tiles, why would I ever want to spend 3 turns of gathering purple to give them tiles? Given if you fully boost you could lay this out first turn, but again the odds of all those tiles surviving are small. I'm pretty much aiming for a 3/5/5 build, the promise of significant damage for attacking her and not taking damage has her becoming lethal to 395's in PvE so for me that's a for sure max, the red is pretty obvious since it's your only form of direct damage, not liking the begining of turn as it plays more like a CD tile than an attack tile, but if the damage is large no biggie. The only way I see puprle being worth it is like Phantron said the strike tile that comes back in your favor is just massive.

Build discussion is completely irrelevant at this point in time. I remember looking at LadyThor and going "wow yellow looks insane, I'm going X/5/X for sure!" only to find out that level 5 surge gives you 12 charged tiles. What if level 5 Elektra purple gives you like an 800 damage strike tile or something crazy like that?
  • Build discussion is completely irrelevant at this point in time. I remember looking at LadyThor and going "wow yellow looks insane, I'm going X/5/X for sure!" only to find out that level 5 surge gives you 12 charged tiles. What if level 5 Elektra purple gives you like an 800 damage strike tile or something crazy like that?

That'd indeed be pretty insane and that's what it'd take to make this ability usable, so I think it's not unreasonable to bet against the insane for once. For 4* the ability damage generally doubles from 70 to 270, so a level 270 level 2 purple would be around 200 strike tile. Can the next 3 levels quadruple its power? Sure, anything is possible, but I think only Surgical Strike has this kind of improvement in raw damage, especially if you assume at least one level of upgrade is likely of the type 'enemy strike tiles are weaker'.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:

Build discussion is completely irrelevant at this point in time. I remember looking at LadyThor and going "wow yellow looks insane, I'm going X/5/X for sure!" only to find out that level 5 surge gives you 12 charged tiles. What if level 5 Elektra purple gives you like an 800 damage strike tile or something crazy like that?

I don't know even then, I mean it's still pay 7 AP do nothing but give them tiles, then get another 7 Purple AP and hope all those tiles survived, and when 4hor came out I pretty much guessed Power Surge was going to give huge amounts of tiles I was thinking more like 9 not 12 and thought she would stun for 3 turns not 4 but the rest I was spot on. For 4 stars the rough estimate is by level 5 you seem to get a 275% increase of level 1 abilties give or take, obviously if the add an added feature on at level 5 it's harder to predict but for her purple I'm guessing she's going to steal up to 3 tiles and give them an extra 700 strength while giving the enemy 9 strike tiles not sure what final tally will be because I'm thinking as she levels their strength will go down

BTW, anyone notice that DD completely counters her. I'm assuming her defense tiles won't activate if stunned, his purple can destroy any tiles she creates and because you want to be matching red after using it you have a high probability of destroying hers.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can't say it's not apt.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:

I don't know even then, I mean it's still pay 7 AP do nothing but give them tiles, then get another 7 Purple AP and hope all those tiles survived, and when 4hor came out I pretty much guessed Power Surge was going to give huge amounts of tiles I was thinking more like 9 not 12 and thought she would stun for 3 turns not 4 but the rest I was spot on. For 4 stars the rough estimate is by level 5 you seem to get a 275% increase of level 1 abilties give or take, obviously if the add an added feature on at level 5 it's harder to predict but for her purple I'm guessing she's going to steal up to 3 tiles and give them an extra 700 strength while giving the enemy 9 strike tiles not sure what final tally will be because I'm thinking as she levels their strength will go down

BTW, anyone notice that DD completely counters her. I'm assuming her defense tiles won't activate if stunned, his purple can destroy any tiles she creates and because you want to be matching red after using it you have a high probability of destroying hers.

Hypothetically, if level 5 purple was indeed something crazy like 800 strike tiles and the other 2 abilities were mediocre, then a 5/X/X build would be obvious. It doesn't matter that it costs 14 ap to use standalone, if the power level of purple is that high, then you just go 5 purple and use her as a Daken counter.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The two effects are simultaneous. So you steal 1 and give 3 at the same time. If there's nothing to steal, you just give 3. I suppose if there were no available purple tiles, you could steal 1 and give none.
    That...really doesn't describe simultaneous. It pretty clearly sounds like stealing is done first.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It comes to the same thing. If you have no enemy strike tiles and two open purples, then resolving DDC sequentially results in no stealing and two new enemy strike tiles. If it resolves simultaneously, you get...no stealing and two new enemy strike tiles.

The only way it would be different is if it placed the tiles first, then executed the steal. But that would make it worse when there are enemy strike tiles, because you'd have a chance to steal the **** ones Electra gives them instead of the presumably better ones that other characters use.
  • I don't have a problem with her but why the heck is she a 4*??? If they want another female 4* then they should've given it to Jean Grey. I'm pretty sure she can kick Elektras butt.
  • I don't have a problem with her but why the heck is she a 4*??? If they want another female 4* then they should've given it to Jean Grey. I'm pretty sure she can kick Elektras butt.
    I mean it's pretty obvious. Current prologue is Dark Avengers and they made Sentry OP. Now they're making Elektra OP, and we know they're adding Hand goons, so...

Wait until we start seeing some skrulls and shi'ar goons before you hope for a Dark Phoenix Saga.
  • Phaserhawk
    ark123 wrote:
    I don't have a problem with her but why the heck is she a 4*??? If they want another female 4* then they should've given it to Jean Grey. I'm pretty sure she can kick Elektras butt.
    I mean it's pretty obvious. Current prologue is Dark Avengers and they made Sentry OP. Now they're making Elektra OP, and we know they're adding Hand goons, so...

Wait until we start seeing some skrulls and shi'ar goons before you hope for a Dark Phoenix Saga.

They generally haven't made 4*'s OP with X-Force being the exception, I mean the only reason I even have problems with 4hor is that I'm trying to deal with X-Force first, if he wasn't as threatening she would not be much to deal with I mean she does nothing without blue, Nick Fury as OP'd as people claims is relatively a blanced character, sure his abilties are strong but he's going to take a bit of damgae and some time for those to resolve, Devil Dino is fair, and IW is terrible to where she balances out X-Force's awesomeness so on the whole the 4*'s are probably the most balanced and I don't see Elektra being OP
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    I don't have a problem with her but why the heck is she a 4*??? If they want another female 4* then they should've given it to Jean Grey. I'm pretty sure she can kick Elektras butt.

They generally haven't made 4*'s OP with X-Force being the exception, I mean the only reason I even have problems with 4hor is that I'm trying to deal with X-Force first, if he wasn't as threatening she would not be much to deal with I mean she does nothing without blue, Nick Fury as OP'd as people claims is relatively a blanced character, sure his abilties are strong but he's going to take a bit of damgae and some time for those to resolve, Devil Dino is fair, and IW is terrible to where she balances out X-Force's awesomeness so on the whole the 4*'s are probably the most balanced and I don't see Elektra being OP

I was more using OP as shorthand for "very very good", but I can see where it gets confusing with xforce being actually OP. Fury imho isn't better than some 3*s like BP and DP. His blue is; His blue is one of those "Oh I guess I better kill him now with abilities or this is over" abilities.

I think Elektra could end up being significantly better than Fury. Her powers are all pretty swingy. If the scaling at 5 covers works like in other 4*s, going by how these abilities work at low level, they could end up being really effective at what they do, and for ok costs. Red could end up doing a crapload of damage while black keeps her from being hit by any nukes that would stop the bleeding. Her abilities also actually all gel really well. Black keeps her alive, red keeps them bleeding and purple makes the bleeding worse and worse.
  • Sentry is pretty OP in the Marvel Universe though - he's significantly more powerful in the comics than nearly all of the 3* heroes and villains in the game so far. The level of his nerf makes absolutely no sense in many ways. Sentry is insanely (god killingly) strong so the fact you never see him anymore in top-tier teams is contrary to common sense.

Elektra on the other hand... well, she's just a very skilled human assassin. Sentry could destroy her in the blink of an eye. I don't think she looks overpowered from what's been posted, if anything she looks a little situational - like Mr Fury.
  • Phaserhawk
    Sentry is pretty OP in the Marvel Universe though - he's significantly more powerful in the comics than nearly all of the 3* heroes and villains in the game so far. The level of his nerf makes absolutely no sense in many ways. Sentry is insanely (god killingly) strong so the fact you never see him anymore in top-tier teams is contrary to common sense.

Elektra on the other hand... well, she's just a very skilled human assassin. Sentry could destroy her in the blink of an eye. I don't think she looks overpowered from what's been posted, if anything she looks a little situational - like Mr Fury.

Yet of all the 4*'s Fury can put out the most damage
  • Sentry is pretty OP in the Marvel Universe though - he's significantly more powerful in the comics than nearly all of the 3* heroes and villains in the game so far. The level of his nerf makes absolutely no sense in many ways. Sentry is insanely (god killingly) strong so the fact you never see him anymore in top-tier teams is contrary to common sense.

That doesn't matter. If it did, Juggernaut wouldn't be a 1* stuck at lvl 40. Juggernaut has casually bitchslapped cap out of the way once, and can easily go toe-to-toe with Hulk.
  • Fury is a lot more powerful than people give him credit for but lacking a red/green makes him almost unplayable in PvP, especially consider you really do need The Hood's AP acceleration to get any of his moves in a reasonable time and yet that combination leaves you with no green and no red unless the featured character covers it. He's probably the biggest victim of the PvP format in the game.

Using Power-levels in a video game, Vegeta? some people never change.
  • Can someone please update the max states and upload a polling state build thanks. It's kind of a slow about the states no offensive. We always received the states information before it is even Launch to players. So some p2p players can max them up and we can whack some max Elektra.
This discussion has been closed.