ARGH!! Help me! I can't get into a lower bracket!!

Options
I keep losing, and yielding, and getting attacked, then yielding to those ppl who attacked me, but nothing has worked after one day!

The cpu keeps sending me 85 Thors, Wolvies, and Storms to fight! I can't keep up like this!

Comments

• Attack someone with your weakest possible team, lose, and yield. Then take a break for a few hours. You'll get hammered, but once you get back, you should start seeing weaker opponents.
  • It's because the weakest team has improved now.

I started a new game, shield training has Thor, wolverine in almost every team passing 300 point mark.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Wait for Lightning Rounds. They should be up tomorrow-ish.

Get to around 150 (or higher if you can) and tank there. After that, the WannaBSkrulls and KicksThatKicks should start showing up, which will get you to around 100 with little to no effort.

Then tank again.
  • Thanks guys I'll try to do that.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I keep losing, and yielding, and getting attacked, then yielding to those ppl who attacked me, but nothing has worked after one day!

The cpu keeps sending me 85 Thors, Wolvies, and Storms to fight! I can't keep up like this!
    Keep in mind that thor and wolvie are the usual encounters in pvp and it's been enough time since start of game so most ppl have them on 85 lvl. Basically it won't get any easier that's what I am saying.. unless you do that losing and yielding strategy but even then I have my doubts. Better think of strategy for dealing with this couple - that's my advice.
  • I don't think they change what bracket you're in mid-tournament. Next tournament you should be placed lower.
  • buckfanana wrote:
    I don't think they change what bracket you're in mid-tournament. Next tournament you should be placed lower.

Really?

Aw ****. Now I gotta deal with those 85 Thors and Wolvies and I can't avoid them. Pretty sure I saw a 115 Rag in there somewhere too. -_-'
  • mechgouki wrote:
    buckfanana wrote:
    I don't think they change what bracket you're in mid-tournament. Next tournament you should be placed lower.

Really?

Aw ****. Now I gotta deal with those 85 Thors and Wolvies and I can't avoid them. Pretty sure I saw a 115 Rag in there somewhere too. -_-'

Curious, what team are you running yourself?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    buckfanana wrote:

Really?

The only thing worse is getting excited about the rewards, forgetting that I punched above my level with boosts for progression/placement. Started seeing max (or close to) rag/mag/spidey/GSBW/IM40 teams from the 100 pt level. Looking like a tanker tourney to me!
  • buckfanana wrote:

Yes, they do. MMR is entirely dynamic. Otherwise if you had a really strong team but a really low MMR then you'd never get anything but the really weak teams... and that doesn't happen.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    buckfanana wrote:

Yes, they do. MMR is entirely dynamic. Otherwise if you had a really strong team but a really low MMR then you'd never get anything but the really weak teams... and that doesn't happen.

Sweet, since its a 2.33 day tourney I can tank a day and still have a chance!
  • Well the tanking is still not working for me.

After getting b*nged for 100+ pts, I still faced strong teams. Well, good news is they are now 60+ as opposed to 80+. Improvement, I guess....