**** Elektra (Unkillable) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• Four star characters are so stupidly hard to get that there's no point even bothering to collect them. I've been playing as long as anyone else, and I have 23 out of a possible 65 four star covers. Electra will make that 23/78, and a month from now, if that number is 24, I'll be surprised. I only have 8 X-Forces. I haven't managed to pick up a new X-Force since I got one as a daily reward.

I don't have a usable four star yet. That's how rare they are. So I'm not excited about Elektra.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Four star characters are so stupidly hard to get that there's no point even bothering to collect them. I've been playing as long as anyone else, and I have 23 out of a possible 65 four star covers. Electra will make that 23/78, and a month from now, if that number is 24, I'll be surprised. I only have 8 X-Forces. I haven't managed to pick up a new X-Force since I got one as a daily reward.

I don't have a usable four star yet. That's how rare they are. So I'm not excited about Elektra.

I'm hoping that with the change to shields, that #1 may be easier to obtain.
  • More like **** Elektra (Unplayable) ****
  • Goobady wrote:
    More like **** Elektra (Unplayable) ****

just wait until she's released and after they tweak her 9 months later and 3 seasons of pvp later you'll actually be able to use her!

It's only 24 month wait, I don't see the problem icon_e_wink.gif
  • Seeing as how Elektra is one of my favorite Marvel characters, I can't wait!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Goobady wrote:
    More like **** Elektra (Unplayable) ****
    Everytime I see the subject header, my brain is seeing it as "unlikable"
  • One cascade and shes alredy annoying as hell. If she manages to use (and mantain) twice the blackflag.png you are ready to win.
  • SolidQ wrote:
    Dev's need put this cover. That improve for them more buying covers icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

2177103-electra_fied_by_blitzart01.jpg

Is it just me, or are her eyes derping in two different directions?
  • I have my T4or maxed, not interested in crazy grinding for another 4* I'll probably not max for a long time... assuming that the shield changes don't cause me to spontaneously implode taking the whole universe down with me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    Dev's need put this cover. That improve for them more buying covers icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Is it just me, or are her eyes derping in two different directions?

Didn't really notice the eyes tbh.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Qnd seems like daken will be a good counter for her red since it places a red trap...wish they would learn to place it randomly instead.
  • Now that she's been announced and with the recent changes to Daredevil, how soon before Bullseye gets a long needed update?

As far as my memory serves, and a long time reader of both Elektra and DD comics, Bullseye kicks both their butts but as it stands now in MPQ land he's quite simply Noeye.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    updated known abilities.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    SolidQ wrote:

Remind me not to check this thread at work
  • *ignoring picture as I am at work*

Is it just me or is she relatively weak?
    I mean, her black seems great in theory. But if she casts it too early, you're able to just target other characters while you board shake and match her tiles away.

Then her purple, while strong, would do absolutely nothing against Xforce/4hor, Xforce/Lazy Thor, Xforce/Hood, Xforce/Magneto or Xforce/Deadpool.
    Since those are the top tier teams right now, I'm having trouble seeing her fitting in as anything other than a Blade and Daken counter.

And finally, her red seems like it could be doing good damage. But again, against board shake she could lose her only real damage ability relatively quickly. And besides...who the hell likes attack tiles? The only viable attack tile in the game is Blade's and that's only because it's on an otherwise useless color. If Blade's purple were actually red or green, it would be equivalently useless.

If her black protected her entire team, then it may be strong. But protecting just her is situational at best. This is just a different version of IW's yellow ability.

Does it block AoE? Like...if CotS is cast, does it damage the other two and then eat a tile for her? Or will it just skip her tile, like it does with IW?

I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased because 4hor was such a huge release and can deal such crazy damage. I guess I was expecting something similarly powerful for their next 4star.

Or maybe I'm underestimating her. I dunno.
  • onimus wrote:
    *ignoring picture as I am at work*

Is it just me or is she relatively weak?
    I mean, her black seems great in theory. But if she casts it too early, you're able to just target other characters while you board shake and match her tiles away.

Then her purple, while strong, would do absolutely nothing against Xforce/4hor, Xforce/Lazy Thor, Xforce/Hood, Xforce/Magneto or Xforce/Deadpool.
    Since those are the top tier teams right now, I'm having trouble seeing her fitting in as anything other than a Blade and Daken counter.

And finally, her red seems like it could be doing good damage. But again, against board shake she could lose her only real damage ability relatively quickly. And besides...who the hell likes attack tiles? The only viable attack tile in the game is Blade's and that's only because it's on an otherwise useless color. If Blade's purple were actually red or green, it would be equivalently useless.

If her black protected her entire team, then it may be strong. But protecting just her is situational at best. This is just a different version of IW's yellow ability.

Does it block AoE? Like...if CotS is cast, does it damage the other two and then eat a tile for her? Or will it just skip her tile, like it does with IW?

I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased because 4hor was such a huge release and can deal such crazy damage. I guess I was expecting something similarly powerful for their next 4star.

Her black not protecting her team is what makes it amazing because you can let them eat match damage and save the traps for when an ability is about to happen

The big problem is that she seems terrible on defense
  • onimus wrote:

1 - It says she avoids damage, not "cancel ability"

2 - You realize she can counter the 13k damage combo of 4thor's blue+red with one of those tiles, right?

She seems situationally very powerful, which is what I'd like to see more of. The xForce approach of "Kills everything easily at all times" is not the path the developers should follow imo.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black: Depends on number of trap tiles and damage at cover 4 & 5. More traps more AP regenerated, cheaper respawn.
    It is a question when the tile is destroyed. If it is destroyed on enemies turn, it will benefit the enemy, like wolverines recovery. Hope this is not the case.

Purple is yes, very situational, but may be very good with Patch.

Red: Too weak "attack" tile for a 4*
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Seems like our first dedicated 4* goon killer. Hit men and Assassins beware!
  • ark123 wrote:
    onimus wrote:

1 - It says she avoids damage, not "cancel ability"

2 - You realize she can counter the 13k damage combo of 4thor's blue+red with one of those tiles, right?

She seems situationally very powerful, which is what I'd like to see more of. The xForce approach of "Kills everything easily at all times" is not the path the developers should follow imo.

1. I never said cancel ability. I even double checked my post.

2. Maybe that would work, just by chance on defense if the AI is somehow stupid enough to do that. But if I'm a human team with 4hor on my team, I am not casting a single thing until I know your tiles are gone. Since a simple match destroys a tile, I would know when you run out of tiles.

I think they already released 2 "kills everything easily at all times" 4 stars. they also have a "expensive abilities, but still destroys a lot of stuff" 4 star and a "hard to kill and spammable damage " 4 star as well. Elektra sounds like she'd be somewhere between Devil Dinosaur and IW, in terms of strength of a 4 star.

That's not going to get her playing time.

If I were to rank the 4 stars on a scale from 1 to 10 it would look a little something like this:
    10. Xforce, 4hor
    8. Nick Fury
    6. Devil Dinosaur
    2. Invisible woman

It's early, but unless her abilities scale like crazy, Elektra is somewhere around a 3 or 4, in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.