Highest prioritized targets?

Options
Which characters do you target first when going against an opponent? For whatever reason. Overall, not in a particular tournament.

My List:

1. Classic Spiderman
2. Classic Storm (Her tempest damage isn't huge, but it's annoying so I take her out. Windstorm is no fun either)
3. Rag

Honorable mention - OBW (I'm seeing a lot more even after the widow tournament) Majorly annoying

Comments

• If I have a Spiderman, I actually hold off on attacking the other Spiderman because I wait for him to lay down some webs and then I will start launching mine and get longer stuns with it.

Usually I attack people that can create cascades easily. Those are usually the only teams I take a lot of damage from anymore. Rags, Juggs, Modern Storm can all be troublesome if they run into some luck. Thor and C.Mags to a lesser degree.
  • It varies. I'll target Wolverine first often if I'm running with boosts and can deeps him down fast, so his reg isn't a factor and his strike tiles don't come into play. Characters with passives or cheap abilities also tend to be high on the takedown list. Bulleyes isn't really a threat, but I find his tiles annoying, so SQUISH.
  • I usually like to take down waken/bullseye and anyone who has cheap abilities, peope like GSW, IM40, MNM can wait till later.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I generally attack whoever has over 3300 health first and switch off if they go below that amount.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I generally attack whoever has over 3300 health first and switch off if they go below that amount.

Do you run with Grey Suit Widow with a maxed Sniper, by chance? =P
  • Spiderman suffers greatly form the 'only one ability per turn' restriction on the AI. It takes him at least 10 blue AP to stun a team for one round (prior to that someone will always be not stunned due to AI's handicap). After that his stun picks up speed with 5 web tiles up but that should be enough time for you to actually do something about it.

I find that characters are prioritized roughly by their offensive potential. The only one that breaks this mold is Modern Storm, who has incredible combo potential on the forest level.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Do you run with Grey Suit Widow with a maxed Sniper, by chance? =P
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • 1. Modern Storm
    2. Modern Storm
    3. Modern Storm
    4. Ragnarok
    5. Spider-Man
    6. Tie between Wolverine and Original Black Widow
    7. Grey Suit Black Widow
    8. Tie between Thor and Juggernaut
    9. Annoyances like Daken or Bullseye

Modern Storm takes 1st place for me because she has low HP, but can absolutely take down your entire team by herself IN ONE TURN if she starts cascading, ESPECIALLY with Modern Black Widow is on the team. I hate her. Hate her, hate her, hate her.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Most of the times its the Storms. Both of them have good synergy with anyone thanks to their ability to clear the board, build AP and hurt you/ whole team. Lately I've been taking out Wolvie too mainly due to his strike tile spam, healing ability. I made the mistake of taking out a decent leveled Rag one time instead of focusing on Wolvie and by the time I got through all the health Rag had, Wolvie was fully healed and tons of strike tiles was on the screen... ugh.

In PvE, I mainly take out Bullseye first, just because of his passive purple and to wipe that smug grin of his face lol.
  • Like many of you, Storm/widow is my #1, then once they're out of the way, the damage dealers, followed by those who can stun.

If a person has multiple higher life characters, I won't even bother and just skip them; our if it's PVE, just use Spidey to teamstun everybody
  • Bullseye first, as much fun as it would be to kill their tank at 1 damage per match. OBW would be high on the priority list too... but I've just been skipping her. Can't have her stealing mana from my OBW.
  • I think the big key is always always always taking out Captain America first. If you let him build up 70 of each AP he can totally wreck your team. A shield tsunami is not a pretty thing.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If he doesn't have anyone else to feed with the cascades, an unboosted Rag really isn't that big a threat, so if he's accompanied by lower HP people, I'll take those out first.

In general, low HP-high annoyance people like daken, storm, non-Grey suit widow. Then stunners, and then the lower AP cost attackers. People with high AP costs like IM40 or grey widow are last
  • 1. Mag. The translocation is crazy damage. Blue protection make wolverine strike tile useless.
    I usually lose 1health pack there if the board is full of purple and blue.
    2. Spiderman if there are lots of blue on board, else origin bw because of the ap steal and espionage.
    3. Wolverine if there are many green tiles or Thor if there are many yellow tiles.
    4. Daken / rag / bullseye / classic storm, the animation is too long, otherwise they are nothing special.
  • I leave Rags for last now, as his moves feed my Hulk so nicely. I'm running max Rags, 115 Hulk, and Wolvie, so any damage Hulk takes just feeds the beast. Sub spider-man for Wolvie when the two tanks need healed.

So my priority goes:

1) Spider-man (unless I'm using his web tiles to heal my team
    2) Wolvie/Daken (those red are for my strike tiles, not yours)
    3) Storm (any and all. Hate)
    4) OBW (the procs surprisingly hurt, man)
    5) Any other support (M.Widow, Venom, Bullseye, Hood, etc)
    6) DPS

Order slightly changes if, say C.Magneto gets fed. Then I burn him down before he eats someone's face.