**** Elektra (Unkillable) **** [PRE 2015-04]

turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
"Elektra is an assassin, striking hard and fast from the shadows, then melting back into them to avoid return strikes. In-game, she highly reflects those sensibilities. She’s a Purple/Black/Red character, and Four Star rarity at that, pushing her to the high tier of characters with X-Force Wolverine and Thor: Goddess of Thunder."

[anchor=elektra4]Elektra (Unkillable)[/anchor] icon_elektra.png
3 Star Rarity (legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 13974 Tile Damage: 11/64/10/82/09/73/3.0
    Double-Double Cross - Cost: 7 Purple AP
    Elektra has “defected” to the enemy team, she’s working for them while secretly feeding her true allies powerful information. Elektra steals 1 enemy strike tile, improving it’s strength by 73, but she also converts 3 random purple basic tiles into enemy strike tiles of strength 9.
      Level 2. The stolen tile increases its strength by 110 Level 3. Elektra steals up to 2 enemy strike tiles, increasing their strength by 73. Level 4. The stolen tile increases its strength by 93. Level 5. Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 123.
    Max Level: Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 245.
      Shadow Step - Cost: 10 Black AP
      Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 274 damage.
        Level 2. Elektra converts 3 tiles into trap tiles Level 3. Trap tiles deal 310 damage Level 4. Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles Level 5. Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 466 damage
      Max Level: Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 925 damage
        Ballet of Death - Cost: 8 Red AP
        Death is a dance and only Elektra knows the next blood-soaked step. She converts a random basic Red tile into a trap tile. As long as this tile is on the board, it deals 150 damage to the target enemy at the beginning of every turn.
          Level 2. The Trap tile deals 210 damage every turn. Level 3. The Trap tile deals 270 damage every turn. Level 4. The Trap tile deals 390 damage every turn. Level 5. The Trap tile deals 630 damage every turn.
        Max Level: The Trap tile deals 1247 damage every turn.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2381 ... st_elektra

elek1.jpgelek2.jpg

older version
        [anchor=elektra4]Elektra (Unkillable)[/anchor] icon_elektra.png
        3 Star Rarity (legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 10960 Tile Damage: 11/64/10/82/09/73/3.0
          Double Double-Cross 7 purpletile.png
          Elektra has "defected" to the enemy team, working for them while feeding her true allies powerful information. Steals a strike tile, improving strength by 55. Converts 3 basic Purple tiles to strength 9 enemy strike tiles.
            Level 2: The stolen tile increases its strength by 95 Level 3: The stolen tile increases its strength by 128 Level 4: Elektra steals up to 2 enemy Strike tiles, increasing their strength by 73. Level 5: Elektra steals 1 additional Strike tile if there's a friendly Trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 102.
          Max Level: Level 3 - 1 tile at 254 increase, 18 strength enemy tile; Level 4 - 2 tiles at 145 increase; Level 5 - 2 tiles at 203 increase
            Shadow Step 10 blacktile.png
            Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into Trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage in negated and a Trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 137 damage.
              Level 2: Trap tiles deal 301 damage Level 3: Converts 3 tiles into Trap tiles, tiles deal 210 damage. Level 4: Trap tiles deal 429 damage. Level 5: Converts 4 tiles into Trap tiles.
            Max Level: Level 3 - 3x 417 damage tiles; Level 4 - 3x 852 damage tiles; Level 5 - 4x 852 damage tiles
              Ballet of Death 10 redtile.png
              Death is a dance and only Elektra knows the next step. She converts a random Red basic tile into a Trap tile. It deals 137 damage to the target enemy at the beginning of every turn.
                Level 2: Trap tile deals 192 damage every turn. Level 3: Trap tile deals 247 damage every turn. Level 4: Trap tile deals 356 damage every turn. Level 5: Trap tile deals 575 damage every turn.
              Max Level: Level 3 - 490 damage; Level 4 - 707 damage; Level 5 - 1142 damage
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Pretty sure this is Gamora.
              • Quebbster
                Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
                I wonder if the new minion group mentioned in the Q&A could be The Hand... it fits the clues very well.
              • turul
                Quebbster wrote:
                I wonder if the new minion group mentioned in the Q&A could be The Hand... it fits the clues very well.

Nice catch!
              • Quebbster wrote:

The game really does need a lot more ninjas.
              • Ninjas make everything better. Though I was never that impressed with Elektra. Hand does seem like a reasonable henchmen group. If it had been Sentinals I would have expeced blue and red.
              • Given that Daredevil was the leader of The Hand for a while, and is currently out of tokens (and possibly getting some work done), maybe we see him back with an improved skillset and integral in an Elektra release.
              • turul
                edited December 2014
                moved cover up in main topic
              • MarcusGraves
                MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
                bet her 3rd color will be purple
              • bet her 3rd color will be purple

It should be purple. She's a ninja, she can make you bleed, blacken your eye or bruise you horribly.
              • Looking at the way the ability is described I don't think she's going to be all that good even without seeing the exact numbers. Purple is dependent on certain type of special tiles (enemy strike tiles) which may or may not be applicable. The black at 10 AP is pretty costly to neutralize a special move so unless it creates something like 25 trap tiles it'll probably be limited to taking one major hit but for 1 more black you can usually try to end the problem instead with Surgical Strike. I guess it can be better after the enemy have a monster cascade but that's not the kind of situation you want to be in. The red looks okay but quite a few attack tile ability can push that range of damage (Inferno can do more), and the AI never tries to destroy any special tiles on purpose anyway. Even when the role is reversed there's nothing particularly harder about not seeing the trap unless you have Captain America who can remove any special tile whose location is known. Otherwise you'd just be matching whatever red you can and use whatever board shaking ability you may have.
              • I don't see a clear role for her. Maybe when the actual abilities come in it will be a bit clearer, but right now I see someone who isn't the worst person to have on your team, but who is likely to have somebody be a better choice for nearly everything she does.
              • I'm disappointed that the resemblance of Elektra in game is not similar to Jennifer Gartner.
              • MarcusGraves
                MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
                TropicYeo wrote:
                I'm glad that the resemblance of Elektra in game is not similar to Jennifer Gartner.

fixed that for you
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                Phantron wrote:
                Looking at the way the ability is described I don't think she's going to be all that good even without seeing the exact numbers. Purple is dependent on certain type of special tiles (enemy strike tiles) which may or may not be applicable. The black at 10 AP is pretty costly to neutralize a special move so unless it creates something like 25 trap tiles it'll probably be limited to taking one major hit but for 1 more black you can usually try to end the problem instead with Surgical Strike. I guess it can be better after the enemy have a monster cascade but that's not the kind of situation you want to be in. The red looks okay but quite a few attack tile ability can push that range of damage (Inferno can do more), and the AI never tries to destroy any special tiles on purpose anyway. Even when the role is reversed there's nothing particularly harder about not seeing the trap unless you have Captain America who can remove any special tile whose location is known. Otherwise you'd just be matching whatever red you can and use whatever board shaking ability you may have.

Obviously red is the no brainer to max, but i agree unless black creates a fair ammount of tiles it's not something I would want to use considering the other uses for black, but as you also mentioned, purple seems very conditional as well. However, depending on the ratio, you could start to go crazy. Say her skill steals a strike tile and makes it 150 but gives them 3 tiles at say 25 a piece. If you used it again, now they have three, but you give them 9, then steal again you have those nine and give them 27 as you can see it could get crazy after numerous uses so that might be the reason to into purple. She seems to be sort of one of those trick combatants like Deadpool or old Hawkeye and Colossus where they mess with combat. Essentially Shadow Step is Deadpools passive but on tiles. Where I'm getting concerned is that we are slowly moving towards 4*'s being the norm and not the exception, eventually we will invalidate 3*'s and they will be what 2*'s are now.
              • Nefesh
                Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
                Have devs read any comics? An absolutely non popular character, a common martial artist and 4*?
                Who next? 5* Squirrel Girl? icon_twisted.gif
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                Nefesh wrote:
                Have devs read any comics? An absolutely non popular character, a common martial artist and 4*?
                Who next? 5* Squirrel Girl? icon_twisted.gif

Squirrel Girl would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I see her best Ability similar to Storm's Hailstorm, but instead of attack tiles you could have little squirrel teeth gnawing at you.
              • Phaserhawk wrote:
                Obviously red is the no brainer to max, but i agree unless black creates a fair ammount of tiles it's not something I would want to use considering the other uses for black, but as you also mentioned, purple seems very conditional as well. However, depending on the ratio, you could start to go crazy. Say her skill steals a strike tile and makes it 150 but gives them 3 tiles at say 25 a piece. If you used it again, now they have three, but you give them 9, then steal again you have those nine and give them 27 as you can see it could get crazy after numerous uses so that might be the reason to into purple. She seems to be sort of one of those trick combatants like Deadpool or old Hawkeye and Colossus where they mess with combat. Essentially Shadow Step is Deadpools passive but on tiles. Where I'm getting concerned is that we are slowly moving towards 4*'s being the norm and not the exception, eventually we will invalidate 3*'s and they will be what 2*'s are now.

I assume from the description that her purple won't work without strike tiles, so I guess it could be wrong since none of the actual detail is known, but it sure sounds like it works like Settlement where if there are no eligible special tiles then you can't use it at all. Well, Settlement is not very good against someone with no special tiles, and strike tiles are a subset of special tiles.

For 4* obseleting 3*s, it depends on how they're designed. Based on the character's power I'd say the goal of 4* so far they're meant to be slower version of 3* with more HP to compensate, and that's a sound concept. Now there are 4* that are way overpowered, like X Force, but that's no different from how there were 2* and 3*s that were way overpowered in the past. This is due to a lack of balance, not a function of their inherent star rarity. I think Thor can be quite balanced to 3*s even with 16K HP, because she really needs a lot of time to get any of her moves going and some of them can backfire on herself. Of course, since 4*s starts out with a slightly higher power curve, it takes less to screw one up into obseleting 3* than the other way around. Still, remember that we had far more 3*s that are broken enough to obselete any current 4*. Spiderman, Magneto, and Sentry all have a far greater impact on the game balance than X Force does during their height of power. Even Daken with his extra strong strike tile had a comparable effect to X Force before he was tuned down. So as long as X Force doesn't wield the dominance he has forever I don't mind seeing the power shift favoring 4* for now since it has favored 3* for a very long time in far more broken ways.
              • turul
                if purple can be used on "strikeless" board, helping only enemy, Double "Double Double-crossing" can be effective.

Hopefully its at least 270 lvl "Patch" strike tiles, making Elektra playable.
              • Double Double Double-Cross would be 14 AP for some less than stellar strike tiles I imagine, depending on how many it gives the enemy and how much you boost it by when you take them.
              • SolidQ
                SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
                Dev's need put this cover. That improve for them more buying covers icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

2177103-electra_fied_by_blitzart01.jpg
              This discussion has been closed.