*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• ark123 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Actually, Daredevil's purple could be a really effective weapon against Daken. His red won't be effective against him, though.

I really like the new Daredevil in general; his red is deadly in non-Daken matches.
    ...on offense. In defense he's gonna use every single one of his powers at inopportune times - stun the wrong guy, not match the red trap tile, and use purple before there are any special tiles on board.

So he might just be the single worst character on defense of all time, including mnmags.

He's definitely more of a PVE guy than PVP. But he's far from the worst on defense unless you've got better blue and purple skills he's going to detract from. And that's relatively rare. I could see throwing him on a team with X-Force since they're perfect complements.
  • ark123 wrote:
    ...on offense. In defense he's gonna use every single one of his powers at inopportune times - stun the wrong guy, not match the red trap tile, and use purple before there are any special tiles on board.

So he might just be the single worst character on defense of all time, including mnmags.
    Nah, mawkeye is still worse, draining both Blue and Red with super long countdowns that will rarely go off.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    A maxed blue works like this.

Say you have that lvl 395 Ragnarok left to kill. You use blue and you stun him for 2 turns while creating a random 3CD tile, that if it resolves it will reset and stun the guy for another 2 turns.

your turn--Billy Club--2 turn Stun
    Rags turn--now stunned 1 turn
    your turn--You attack CD timer at 2
    Rags turn--now unstunned after this turn
    your turn--Cd timer is at 1, you attack
    Rags turn--he attacks you, but your CD tile survives
    your turn--CD at 0, Rags is stunned again for 2 turns, (not sure if timer resests or it goes to another tile, it's a little unclear)
    rinse and repeat
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Say you have that lvl 395 Ragnarok left to kill. You use blue and you stun him for 2 turns while creating a random 3CD tile, that if it resolves it will reset and stun the guy for another 2 turns.

your turn--CD at 0, Rags is stunned again for 2 turns, (not sure if timer resests or it goes to another tile, it's a little unclear)
    rinse and repeat

Wait. So when do I need to fire off a second blue to get full stun? Or would I need 3 uses?

Edit - yeah 3 turn countdown so 3 uses. Still means fights against a single dude are made trivial if you bring mnmags around, no?
  • You only need 2 clubs at max level to permastun 1 character.

Launch the first one!
    Turn 0: Club1 (3), Rag (2).
    Turn 1: Club1 (2), Rag (1).
    Launch the second one 2 turns after:
    Turn 2: Club1 (1), Rag 0 initially, becomes
    Turn 2: Club1 (1), Club2 (3) Rag (2).
    Club 1 restuns
    Turn 3: Club1 (3), Club2 (2) Rag (2). .... -> pretty much equal to turn 0 but with autocast.

Repeat until you run out of blue.
  • Phaserhawk
    ark123 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

rinse and repeat

Wait. So when do I need to fire off a second blue to get full stun? Or would I need 3 uses?

Edit - yeah 3 turn countdown so 3 uses. Still means fights against a single dude are made trivial if you bring mnmags around, no?

If you had 18 blue AP you would launch the second one anytime after the first one, but before the tile resolves, once you do that the character is permastunned.
  • His purple is lackluster even at 5. Being situational, not working on countdowns and the difference between 3 and 5 covers being only 2 special tiles apart from some negligible damage makes it his worst ability. 3/5/5 seems like the best. With blue you can at least annoy people a bit.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Monkey (in Wrecking Crew) was trying him out by going Patch Green followed up by Daredevil purple (pink). All the tiles for you, strike and protect.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice changes, at least his powers are no longer completely dependant on the Ai actually matching his traps. Some thing I noticed with Fury's demolition, is that if there is another option to match colours which doesn't result in matching that a detonating tile even if its a colour not use by the team the AI will still take it more often than not. The few times I used daredevil in this balance of power event, same thing, the AI seems very good at avoiding matching that red tile even if the only other matches available to them are colours not used by its team member's powers.
    I think this is pure confirmation bias. The *only* thing that the devs have confirmed or that any analysis (actually keeping notes) of AI match priority has shown is that it prefers TU (formerly environment tiles) and that it loves to match four (or more) in a row. It doesn't know what colors are, it doesn't pay attention to special tiles for either team, and it doesn't plan out cascades. With all that in mind, an ability to avoid traps it isn't even meant to be aware of would be staggeringly unexpected.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Nice changes, at least his powers are no longer completely dependant on the Ai actually matching his traps. Some thing I noticed with Fury's demolition, is that if there is another option to match colours which doesn't result in matching that a detonating tile even if its a colour not use by the team the AI will still take it more often than not. The few times I used daredevil in this balance of power event, same thing, the AI seems very good at avoiding matching that red tile even if the only other matches available to them are colours not used by its team member's powers.
    I think this is pure confirmation bias. The *only* thing that the devs have confirmed or that any analysis (actually keeping notes) of AI match priority has shown is that it prefers TU (formerly environment tiles) and that it loves to match four (or more) in a row. It doesn't know what colors are, it doesn't pay attention to special tiles for either team, and it doesn't plan out cascades. With all that in mind, an ability to avoid traps it isn't even meant to be aware of would be staggeringly unexpected.
    Agreeing with skydivearcher: I've seen plenty of situations like
    purpletile.pngredtile.png
    enemyprotect.pngpurpletile.png
    bluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    and the AI always seems to take the match that doesn't destroy it's own tile. If given the choice, I've never seen it take the one with the special tile when there is a better choice available. Considering how traps work, the AI probably considers it another special tile that it prefers not to destroy.
  • That is not a bad plan.

I wish his purple did more damage or targeted all tiles. 2870 damage for 10 purpletile.png is pretty terrible damage to AP, and 10 purpletile.png isn't exactly easy to get. Plus it relies on enemies actually having those special tiles to do any damage at all. If he could take down all specials for 10 purple at 5 covers it would be an ok damage ability against certain people. Otherwise, I'd like to see the damage increased to about 650 per tile destroyed from 574.
  • 5/3/5 makes him a terrific partner for Patch. 10 purple 9 green does 2087 damage, creates 1044 in strike tiles then does 3914 damage and removes 5 of the 6 enemy strike tiles. Toss in some blue for stuns to slow down the enemy team and you've got yourself a party. Throw Black Panther into this mix for a blackflag.png and a yellowflag.png and the team will be dishing serious damage.
  • Phaserhawk
    Lerysh wrote:
    5/3/5 makes him a terrific partner for Patch. 10 purple 9 green does 2087 damage, creates 1044 in strike tiles then does 3914 damage and removes 5 of the 6 enemy strike tiles. Toss in some blue for stuns to slow down the enemy team and you've got yourself a party. Throw Black Panther into this mix for a blackflag.png and a yellowflag.png and the team will be dishing serious damage.

Didn't think of the Patch/Daredevil Combo, that's better than Loki IMO.
  • Messing with Daredevil in the She Hulk required Gauntlet nodes. Matching the Billy Club countdown.png with a match 4 hitting it does return the bonus AP.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    5/3/5 makes him a terrific partner for Patch. 10 purple 9 green does 2087 damage, creates 1044 in strike tiles then does 3914 damage and removes 5 of the 6 enemy strike tiles. Toss in some blue for stuns to slow down the enemy team and you've got yourself a party. Throw Black Panther into this mix for a blackflag.png and a yellowflag.png and the team will be dishing serious damage.

A 3/5/5 Daredevil with a 5/3/5 Patch and a 5/3/5 Hulk creates the perfect enviroment to Anger the enemy team to death. Use Berserker Rage, use Radar Sense, now you have 3 enemystrike.png with which the enemy will make Hulk Angry. Match Green/Red/Black/TU for Hulk to tank (if he's in Center), watch the Anger destroy the enemy.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    ark123 wrote:
    This is gonna be great. People will try to use him in pvp and he will stun the wrong guy (using the skill as soon as it has enough ap), match the countdown, ignore his own red tile and use purple when there's no special tiles on board. It's like they started with "Say we want to design the character the AI would play the worst way possible, how would we do it?"

This is the one character the AI could possibly play worse than mnmags.

Can't use DD's purple/pink if there are no special tiles for it to work against, so...
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to point out that a 2* Daredevil (Original) would be easy to make. Start with his old powers and just change the red power into yellow. Easy.
  • I really like these changes! Now I just have to hope that I manage to get three more covers for Daredevil, so I can finally level him up to 166. Need those red covers! icon_eek.gif
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    Capt. Marvel also works great. You lose active yellowflag.png but you gain another stun which is always nice with Patch, plus there's the back up plan if purpleflag.png is not ready to drop Berserker Rage and let Carol generate enough redtile.png and blacktile.png to turn the tide of the battle.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Yeah, I figured this one out about as soon as I saw the new specs for Daredevil. Patch + Daredevil == OMG!!!