CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION

Comments

• RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Koko81 wrote:
    I was having the problem where it said "Error logging on to Facebook" and then it sent me to the Comm Link Page. I was then able to connect but my alliance chat wasn't there nor were my the PVP events. Only the main story line. I had the option of starting a new alliance... I closed the application (double tap home screen on iPhone and swipe up) and then re-opened 2 minutes later. Everything was back to normal. My alliance was there and my PVP events as well. Hope this works for you guys too.

Same thing happened to me. Worst part was I was at 780 and just won a battle to go over 800 when the initial connection problem occurred so I was unable to shield. I couldn't get back in for almost an hour so I was left unshielded. Get back in and shielded ASAP after falling to 691. 2 minutes after shielding I get hit again and my score dropped down to 664.

Sooooo not happy with this game right now. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Same issue for android although the screen loads but the pvps aren't there only prologue

I'm getting this now as well :/
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Same issue for android although the screen loads but the pvps aren't there only prologue

I'm getting this now as well :/

Me too. No events. AND, chat is not working, it's empty and I'm unable to post a message to my alliance chat.

icon_mad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • I'm getting the same issue - prelude only, no other events showing. It's also showing standard tokens as "post event - stockpiled." Android phone, LG G2, running 4.4.2.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    I am getting the no events available. Connection is fine. No message about the internet at this time. Galaxy s3 Android 4.4.2
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    irunLA wrote:
    It opened up and gave me my alliance rewards from
    last night, then took them all away icon_e_sad.gif

What do I do

For this, send a support ticket. They can gift you whatever you lost.

As for everyone else. I still haven't gotten any errors or anything else everyone is talking about...but here are a few things I would suggest:

For Phone Users:

If you're data is backed up on Facebook, try uninstalling and reinstalling Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    If you're not using the most recent version of your operating platform, try updating your operating platform. The developers recently had to make some coding changes for the newest version of Android and iOS, so there might be some incompatibilities.

For Steam Users:

Try to "Verify" the installation. You can do this by right-clicking it in your Library and clicking 'Properties'. It's under the 'Local Files' tab.
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    Verify your Steam Client is the most recent version. Mine says; Steam API v017, Steam package version 1416350232. You can check this under 'Help', 'About Steam'.
    Try flushing your DNS Cache. How to do this depends on your Operating System, but it's easy to find on Google (or you can send me a PM with your Operating System).

Beyond that, the more information everyone can provide, the better. Hopefully we can at least find a common thread as to why people are having this problem.

For you guys on phones, does it still work when you're not using Wi-Fi? Are there phone users that it's not working at all? Platforms and version numers would be awesome!
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Here is the support response I received:
    Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with the app.

The issue you are describing is related to temporary, random server outages that we have since fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope that you did not have to wait too long for the issue to pass.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (AJG)
    So basically, "our servers caused you to miss out on PvE placement. Oh well."

I am admittedly upset, maybe angry... Here was my response to their email:
    You can't look and see how much time passed between logins when I submitted this issue? (Where you have to "hope" I didn't miss out on a lot of time)

I was tracking for a top 50 finish in that current PvE. Due to your random server outage, I was unable to fully play one sub, barely played a the second one, and thus missed out on a top 50 finish overall. Which means the servers prevented me from getting an extra Captain Marvel cover, some extra ISO and HP, and 2 event tokens from the subs.

How can a competitive game lock out players and then say they are SOL when the competition continues without them? I was penalized due to the company's server issues? That is an acceptable stance from the company?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    On one hand, I'm glad everything had been sorted out, but on the other hand, I'm a little disappointed they didn't even offer to compensate you. People have been having problems for three, maybe even four days. Hopefully they get their head out of their butts and properly handle this customer relations issue.
  • The same problem with the game. I tried to play and... "CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION" But my Internet Connection is running OK. I removed the app and I reinstalled it later, but the issue is still here. I hope you can fix the problem and repair it ASAP. Technical details: ARNOVA 90 running with Android 4.2.2.
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    On Steam (PC)

This is the second night this has happened, wish I would have found this on the first. First time ran a speedtest, shut everything down, all devices and internet modem, booted one back up, still didn't work. Ran CCleaner, still nothing, gave up. Internet worked just fine otherwise.

Right now:
    Shutdown other devices
    Logged in and out of steam
    Opened other steam games, ran speedtest, youtube is going
    Internet is working just fine.
    Restarted.
    Played a different Steam game
    Ran integrity check on game
    Steam Version: Steam API v017, Steam package version 1416350232
    Uninstalled the game
    Ran CCleaner
    Flushed DNS
    Installed the game

Still the same issue, Check Internet Connection right at the first title/loading/splash screen, % doesn't increment at all, just comes up and says loading for about little bit (15-30 second) then says Check Internet Connection, if you leave it long enough it says Comm Link Disrupted.

Specs:
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit / 8GB RAM / Core 2 Duo Quad Core 2.4GHz / GeForce 9800 GTX+ / plenty of free space

Edit: s/n thejake01 , started sometime around 9:00-9:15 PM CST
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Steam (PC)

This is the second night this has happened, wish I would have found this on the first. First time ran a speedtest, shut everything down, all devices and internet modem, booted one back up, still didn't work. Ran CCleaner, still nothing, gave up. Internet worked just fine otherwise.

Right now:
    Shutdown other devices
    Logged in and out of steam
    Opened other steam games, ran speedtest, youtube is going
    Internet is working just fine.
    Restarted.
    Played a different Steam game
    Ran integrity check on game
    Steam Version: Steam API v017, Steam package version 1416350232
    Uninstalled the game
    Ran CCleaner
    Flushed DNS
    Installed the game

Still the same issue, Check Internet Connection right at the first title/loading/splash screen, % doesn't increment at all, just comes up and says loading for about little bit (15-30 second) then says Check Internet Connection, if you leave it long enough it says Comm Link Disrupted.

Specs:
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit / 8GB RAM / Core 2 Duo Quad Core 2.4GHz / GeForce 9800 GTX+ / plenty of free space

Edit: s/n thejake01 , started sometime around 9:00-9:15 PM CST
    Happening to me too on iphone, been 30 mins no connection. I'd like to clear the nodes and go to bed. Rebooted phone, posting this using phone so obviously have a connection. 2 nd time tonight its happened in the last hour.
  • So I keep receiving motifications about how little time i still have before my events end... but can't play because your servers are down. And the "check internet connection" text is so patronizing it makes me want to smash some Demiurge HQ windows.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Im having the same problem on wi-fi the game wont connect, shut Wi-Fi run off of data game will connect. Device is 100% connected to internet when on Wi-Fi. Sucks I cant play my account on my tablet only my second account on phone
  • JVReal
    So I keep receiving motifications about how little time i still have before my events end... but can't play because your servers are down. And the "check internet connection" text is so patronizing it makes me want to smash some Demiurge HQ windows.
    Its somehow related to wifi, when i turn wifi off it starts to work, but i have a bad data signal at my house. I'm sitting next to my router so it isnt a bad wifi signal.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I'm getting the same "Check Internet Connection" message off and on for the past week. It has been worse the past 12 hours or so.

Turning off WiFi and connecting through the cell tower works except for problems from the signal being weak.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Started getting this intermittently yesterday but it would connect after a minute. Today it's not connecting at all.
    It's definitely something on D3's side as my internet is fine.

Writing a ticket does not help, I did that last time and it took them 3 days to respond and I'm still trying to get compensated for my missed rewards.
  • JVReal
    So I keep receiving motifications about how little time i still have before my events end... but can't play because your servers are down. And the "check internet connection" text is so patronizing it makes me want to smash some Demiurge HQ windows.
    And that's the other thing, even when it was telling me to "Check Internet Connection", it was pushing me messages saying my heroes were healed and ready to fight, it was telling me my daily rewards are waiting for me... etc. so they are making a connection somehow and their servers are up. There has to be something in the game software that is telling it the connection isn't valid when it is just fine. Something isn't clearing the error, and restarting the app isn't doing it. I don't even want to attempt to reinstall. In the rare instances where there is a lag and it has a communication issue, I believe it's holding onto that error message and not letting it go unless you change your connection source... or something. I'm no programmer, but I do believe its a bug.
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Occurring right now. See previous post in thread with all things done before. This is very frustrating.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Ack! Time for my clear and I can't get in either. At least I can hope that the other players in my bracket can't do their clears either...
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Ugh, CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION again!
    Why does it always do this when it's some PVE I'm actually trying on and have been playing for 5 days already
    Hopefully this will be a short disruption and not down for a whole day like the first time