Predictions for Season 9 PvP events

Options
Come one, come all! Place yer bets, place yet bets, don't be shy, everyone loves a winner!

I've been thinking about Season 9, and which characters could be featured. Going through the three-star list, and taking out both the characters that will be out of rotation and the ones that had an event last season (and I'm including Gamora in that, even though she was off-season), that leaves 14 three-star characters to choose from (barring the devs choosing a four-star or repeating one from last season).

The nominees are listed above in the poll - choose up to ten (we've averaged ten a season, right?) and let's have at it!

Any mistakes made are blamed solely on 4am.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Fairly sure that the three characters returned from rotation will probably have their featured PvP, but I guess especially Loki who is coming up soon in PvE according to people with stockpiled event token and they like to double up.

I'm still surprised we didn't get BP rewards in the offseason, oh well. I guess Gamora and She-Hulk is less likely to come up. Steve Rogers will probably be the first featured PvP in the season.
  • Human torch please
  • fishbio19 wrote:
    Human torch please

Still out of rotation, isn't he?
  • I think patch is more likely than daredevil to have a pvp. He hasn't had an event since late July/early august. Also, he's coming back in tokens. Daredevil and Loki are also for sites but patch is not to be neglected. Captain america hasn't had an event in awhile so i think he's likely as well. Falcon is unlikely because he's had 4 pvp events since i started playing (seasons 3, 4, 5, 7)! Also, she hulk was literally just rewarded from gamora event so she's unlikely as well. Hope they dont have a beast event!
  • You left off Rocket & Groot and Gamora, while I don't think Gamora will get one, I do think Grocket will.

She Hulk is all but certain to start us off Friday with rewards from BoP, and you can bet Loki and Daredevil will be soon after their changes, which for Loki is now. I figure Loki is featured in the next PvE so his PvP will be awarded sometime in there.

I did not vote for Patch, even tho he is back in rotation.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    You left off Rocket & Groot and Gamora, while I don't think Gamora will get one, I do think Grocket will.

She Hulk is all but certain to start us off Friday with rewards from BoP, and you can bet Loki and Daredevil will be soon after their changes, which for Loki is now. I figure Loki is featured in the next PvE so his PvP will be awarded sometime in there.

Rocket & groot had pvp season 8. Gamora pvp literally just ended.
  • black_mantra
    black_mantra Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As Patch R67 preview states:

...(Hint: "The Law of Inverse Ninja Strength.") But wait, there's more! The Story continues...is Wolverine really the ally you think he is?!...

..Wolverine is given ..maybe a new Villain is on the way? icon_e_wink.gif
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    You left off Rocket & Groot and Gamora, while I don't think Gamora will get one, I do think Grocket will.

Which is why I think they should do them. Give transition characters a chance to really cover up some characters. The spread has gotten to be too far apart between events.

They handed out She-Hulk and Blade covers in Season VIII but never did their tournaments. They aren't off the list, why should a character who had a tournament be off the list?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Which is why I think they should do them. Give transition characters a chance to really cover up some characters. The spread has gotten to be too far apart between events.

They handed out She-Hulk and Blade covers in Season VIII but never did their tournaments. They aren't off the list, why should a character who had a tournament be off the list?

The reason I didn't include them on the list is because with very few exceptions (and I'm really too tired this evening to go back through every season to check) they have not had characters featured two seasons in a row.
    If it turns out that I'm wrong, so be it. I'll happily admit that I have no real idea what D3P are going to get up to, I'm just basing this off prior behaviour.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I cheated with my vote since the Captain America PvP is live now. icon_lol.gif

Do I win anything special for guessing correctly?
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    I cheated with my vote since the Captain America PvP is live now. icon_lol.gif

Do I win anything special for guessing correctly?

Yes. Gleeful abandon. Feel that glee. Feel it!