*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    can you make it so red strike tile generators(daken and blade mainly) dont automatically overwrite and disarm his red trap?
    That's the point of his purple...
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Just to check - is there a typo on the Ambush damage at maxed level?

Looks like at level 5, new version does much more damage, until you level him up and it does much less damage?
  • Wow! That change to his red may make it one of the best red abilities in the entire game!

7 AP for a red tile that, if you match it, does 3k damage, and then it relocates?

That is freaking incredible.

The changes to his purple and blue so that they aren't completely worthless is very nice as well.

Neither seems all that powerful until they reach 5 though, so it'll be interesting to see what build becomes more prominent.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    I would rather see old traps optimised (especially against rewriting by daken / similar)

New abilities are not as good/fun for these ap-costs
    Edit: well they are not as bad as i thought, but i still miss all-trap DD
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sidlon wrote:
    Just to check - is there a typo on the Ambush damage at maxed level?

Looks like at level 5, new version does much more damage, until you level him up and it does much less damage?
    Not a typo, has a different damage curve like how Magneto blue was changed.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Nice changes, good to see its not all based upon 'invisible' traps anymore. Good work D3!
  • i like those changes, purple seems very interesting but it'll be only usefull against a limited characters.Blue sounds cool too, lots of stun.But for me the best would be his red.Even if the trap is random, if you match the tile it'll be 3k for 7 ap, good damage for cheap AP.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think what I find most surprising is that I'm not sure how to feel about these changes.

Red is good. It makes it a much more "active" ability. It has the potential to be quite scary. At 7 AP, you could possibly match your own Ambush 3 times while gathering the AP to cast it a second time. That's an additional 9k damage while gathering AP.

Blue, well, I'm not sure about blue. It definitely feels like it needs to be maxed. At Rank 5, you could keep a target stun locked, but you'll need to babysit a Countdown tile. The 3 AP returned makes it quite appealing. Theoretically, you could be getting 3 from the match +3 returned, which means you only need 1 more blue to recast.

I'm definitely going to miss the AP steal on Purple. I guess I feel this is the weakest change, clearing specials is nice but this is only a limited selection and randomised.

I guess I'll be aiming to respec to 3/5/5.
  • So far I like the changes. He is way less trap dependant. Good counter to strike tile users like Punisher who can only throw a limited number.

Because of the situational usefulness of purpleflag.png and the pure awesomeness that is multiple stuns for multiple rounds I'm thinking 3/5/5 is the goto build here. Then again 5/3/5 could be used as strictly anti Daken/Blade/Magneto and other special tile users in PvE.

I doubt this will see Daredevil rocket up the PvP charts, even tho he shares no colors with XF. His red got a small nerf I feel, it will no longer crotch kick Hulk to the face after anger when boosted for fatal damage. I do like that matching it can be used as an offensive boost now tho, meaning you take more and more red and trap more and more red and they just can't take any or face the wrath of crotch kick.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had a weird thought. icon_e_confused.gif Imagine if DD was against DD in a PvP event. All other characters are gone so it's just DD vs DD. What if both put multiple blues on the board? Both you and the Ai would be stun locked while the tiles went back and forth counting down. The first tile to dissappear and cause a cascade would win. But it would be fun to watch. At first anyway. If no cascades came, it could get boring.

I seriously doubt it would ever happen, but the next time I see DD in a PvP, I'm using mine with MN Mags to put blue on the board, and just try it out. Just to see if I can do it or not. icon_lol.gif

(sometimes I think I have a little too much time on my hands icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • I just had a weird thought. icon_e_confused.gif Imagine if DD was against DD in a PvP event. All other characters are gone so it's just DD vs DD. What if both put multiple blues on the board? Both you and the Ai would be stun locked while the tiles went back and forth counting down. The first tile to dissappear and cause a cascade would win. But it would be fun to watch. At first anyway. If no cascades came, it could get boring.

I seriously doubt it would ever happen, but the next time I see DD in a PvP, I'm using mine with MN Mags to put blue on the board, and just try it out. Just to see if I can do it or not. icon_lol.gif

(sometimes I think I have a little too much time on my hands icon_e_biggrin.gif )
    Tiles don't count down while you're stunned though
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice work, I really like these changes and they're much more in line with what you'd expect from him.

Happy about him getting back his "Man Without Fear" moniker, too, that always irked me icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • In game, Ambush now costs 8. Please correct the original post
  • He looks extremely playable at 355, although he feels a little too much like miniCap - repeatable stun and damage on blue and red that's a bit less costly and a bit less effective

But who will you use to troll us by making them essential against all-goon battles now?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    I just had a weird thought. icon_e_confused.gif Imagine if DD was against DD in a PvP event. All other characters are gone so it's just DD vs DD. What if both put multiple blues on the board? Both you and the Ai would be stun locked while the tiles went back and forth counting down. The first tile to dissappear and cause a cascade would win. But it would be fun to watch. At first anyway. If no cascades came, it could get boring.

Tiles don't count down while you're stunned though

Oh yeah. Didn't think about that part. So it will only take one for each side and both DD's get stun locked. The only option would be to retreat. Or would it be like when Juggs kills himself to kill you? You go down, but it still counts as a victory.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    He might not be the best character after the changes, but he certainly seems like he'll be near the top of the "fun to play" list.

Jumping red traps, an active purple, and repeatable stun will get him some run now, which is considerably more than he had before. Thumbs up.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, man. I kind of love Ambush now. And the boost to damage from a friendly match makes such a huge difference - the weakness to red special tiles actually balances it now!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Not what I had imagined, but he looks fun. Definitely not meta breaking, but I'll be leveling him up soon now.
  • Looks like Patch has a new partner to help take care of enemy strike tiles!
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    BTW, I never felt like the trap mechanics reflected Daredevil at all, and I love the flavor of what you've done... I can really see Daredevil bonking some mooks with a club, or Daredevil/Batman style taking down enemies one by one with ambushes from the shadows, coming through in the abilities now