Double Shot

Comments

• Why do people love to be the first to make the thread but ddon't even bother to include good details?

^This. Another forum member could have posted the rewards already for the group's benefit. One should finish what you start in a prompt manner IMO.
  • Matchmaking seems wonky right now. All I'm seeing is level 85 guys, even after 15-20 skips. That's after being attacked all night
  • Decided to hit 400 to get the HP.

Put in a tank team. Feel free to hit it. I won't be playing the event again before it ends.
  • I'm going to try and place in this round of the tournament, so i can finally finish out my Spidey (Only need a blue and a purple). So, I'd take it as a kindness if people could go easy on me lol. I can't Friday-end tournaments, because I run a Pathfinder game that night (Though the shields may make it feasible, I guess).
  • My MMR is terrible lately but I need Spidey covers so I'm going to try my best. Haven't entered the tournament yet though, probably later today.
  • Wow I'm glad for this tournament cause I got to see how horrible IM40 is icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Never got to activate (or see the CPU activate) one of his powers in 20+ matches.
    And I was about to waste ISO on this guy icon_lol.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Wow I'm glad for this tournament cause I got to see how horrible IM40 is :D
    Never got to activate (or see the CPU activate) one of his powers in 20+ matches.
    And I was about to waste ISO on this guy :lol:

My 85 IM40 kicks ****. I don't know what you're talking about.
  • IM40 is just fine if you use him for what he's good for-- as a car battery to generate APs for his teammates.
  • IM40 is a good bridge character. He was my main guy - only 3* I could get max covers for. Once I pumped him full of ISO I started placing better in lots of events. I think it was the last Double Shot tourney that got me my start on Spidey, who's probably my favorite cover so far.

And he's fun to play with when boosted. Tons of HP and 400+ dmg for a match-3 gives lots of chances for underpowered teams time to store up AP for some real body blows.
  • Contemplating whether I should pair IM40 with Spidey (3/4/5; level 100), Wolvie (5/3/5; level 85) or Thor (level 85)

What do you guys think?
  • Wolvie for sure. Then Thor/Spidey is up to you really. I'd say Spidey, you don't really need Thor's attacks with a boosted IM40 around.
  • jpKNOCKOUT wrote:
    Contemplating whether I should pair IM40 with Spidey (3/4/5; level 100), Wolvie (5/3/5; level 85) or Thor (level 85)

What do you guys think?

I'd rotate and roll IM40/Wolvie/Thor, then swap in Spidey for Wolvie when your tanks get low on HP. Save on health packs and increase the time you can spend farming ISO and pushing for progression rewards.
  • Kelbris
    Thor is a useful third depending on the board, since he can generate yellows to shut down the opponents Recharge by matching the countdown tiles

You know who could be interesting? Moonstone.
  • Kelbris
    jpKNOCKOUT wrote:
    Contemplating whether I should pair IM40 with Spidey (3/4/5; level 100), Wolvie (5/3/5; level 85) or Thor (level 85)

What do you guys think?

I'd rotate and roll IM40/Wolvie/Thor, then swap in Spidey for Wolvie when your tanks get low on HP. Save on health packs and increase the time you can spend farming ISO and pushing for progression rewards.

You should be healing in prologue 3-HAMMER missions.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Thor is a useful third depending on the board, since he can generate yellows to shut down the opponents Recharge by matching the countdown tiles

With boosted IM40 though, if you recharge, you get a ton of feral claw tiles (red + green) and with a spidey you'll also be able to stunlock the rest of the round, possibly get more yellow to heal, and IM40's red can take out whatever high level opponent is left.
  • I expect to be in the low 300's tomorrow morning.

4qr9XQp.jpg?1
  • Kelbris
    Ghast wrote:
    I expect to be in the low 300's tomorrow morning.

4qr9XQp.jpg?1

So what? More ISO.
  • Kelbris
    jozier wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

With boosted IM40 though, if you recharge, you get a ton of feral claw tiles (red + green) and with a spidey you'll also be able to stunlock the rest of the round, possibly get more yellow to heal, and IM40's red can take out whatever high level opponent is left.

With the feral claws and IM40'S tile damage (mines at 85), I'm winning battles fast enough to not need stuns. I'm using Thor solely to make sure I have board control if I need it.

Also, if I want to give someone a quick whack for 1500. Sometimes it's all you need to win.

My unibeam is doing 4700 though. Love it.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

With the feral claws and IM40'S tile damage (mines at 85), I'm winning battles fast enough to not need stuns. I'm using Thor solely to make sure I have board control if I need it.

Also, if I want to give someone a quick whack for 1500. Sometimes it's all you need to win.

My unibeam is doing 4700 though. Love it.

My unibeam is doing 6K before feral claws lol.

I agree with you, Thor is still great. I just find myself using recharge and saving the red for unibeam/adamantium slash/feral claws.

I only went with Spidey/Thor because the poster asked about it. I actually think IM40/Wolvie/OBW is a better team.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    jpKNOCKOUT wrote:

What do you guys think?

You should be healing in prologue 3-HAMMER missions.

anyone in particular you have in mind?

Been rotating between the spidey/wolvie, great tip! Thanks!