Yet another leveling thread. Been playing for ~3 weeks

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I've been playing for roughly 3 weeks now and I'm really not sure how to progress.

My current roster:

12/12 slots (enough HP for 2 more slots)
- Lvl 40 Iron Man* (3/3/5) - aiming for 5/3/5 (I realize now that 5/5/3 is probably better but early on the dmg on his blue looked so amazing that I went for it)
- Lvl 30 Wolverine** (3/3/2) - aiming for 5/3/5 (already had to sell 2 red covers -.-)
- Lvl 20 Storm** (3/3/3) - aiming for 5/5/3
- Lvl 20 Widow** (1/5/0) - aiming for 3/5/5
- Lvl 15 Storm* (5/4/3) - aiming for 5/5/3
- Lvl 15 Widow* (5/5)
- Lvl 14 Thor** (2/0/1) - aiming for 5/5/3
- Lvl 6 Cpt. America** (1/0/0)
- Lvl 6 Daken** (0/1)
- Lvl 6 Moonstone** (1/0/0)
- Lvl 4 Hawkeye* (5/3)
- Lvl 1 Juggernaut* (2/5)

On deck:
- Lvl 15 Hulk*** (1/0/0)
- Lvl 6 Hawkeye** (0/0/1)

My biggest problem right now is that I don't know what hero to prioritize. I really like both Storms and both Widows but I don't know how viable they are. I read that Storm**'s passive got nerfed pretty hard. Are her other 2 abilities good enough to justify leveling her up? Widow**'s heal is doing wonders for me right now (both in PvE and in PvP) but will it still be good once my heroes are a little higher level? Widow*'s stun is amazing but should I level her just for that ability? Is it worth spending 10k Iso-8 to get Iron Man* from level 40 to 50 once I get the 2 red covers? It seems he won't be useful for much longer. I know that Thor is considered kind of a big deal. Should I immediately prioritize him once I get a few more covers?

For now I'd probably focus on Wolverine**, Widow**, and Storm*.

Any advice on which hero to prioritize and what skill builds I should be aiming for is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I think you're on the right track. You need to keep leveling Wolverine, he starts to really become effective when he gets to 60+ level (which is kind of true for all the 2 star characters).

Classic Storm (2 star) is still a great character, just don't raise her yellow passive above 3, but she doesn't mesh that well with Wolvy.

If you get tight for cover space, sell your Hawkeye (1 star). He's worthless.
  • I would probably stop putting ISO into your 1* Iron Man and focus on Wolverine / Thor taking his place. After those are done ** Widow rounds out the team quite nicely.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your goal should be to get to a 2* roster while spending as little iso on 1*s as possible, so I would stop pumping iso into iron man. I think I had IM35,m. storm and m. widow at 30 before i stopped leveling them since i needed that to get through prologue, but your roster seems a lot more developed than mine at the time. That being said, I think the best 2* team in the game right now is thor/wolvie/O. Black Widow, so pumping your iso across those 3 characters is best just due to how well they synergize together (you have the entire color rainbow in abilities except black, and strike tiles + espionage = crazy dps, with thor to help with the board clear). I don't have too much experience with C. storm, but she might be a viable option if you're cover starved on thor/wolvie/widow.
  • I'd sell all the *s, to level your ** & ***... *s are only really needed for the stupid one star event, my opinion
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    I would probably stop putting ISO into your 1* Iron Man and focus on Wolverine / Thor taking his place. After those are done ** Widow rounds out the team quite nicely.

Good advice.
  • Thanks for all the replies.

I got a few new covers, Wolverine is 4/3/3 and Lvl 40 now (I got a total of 6 red covers so far, sold 3 of them. If those 3 covers had been the right colors he'd be maxed on skills now -.-). Widow** is 2/5/1 but still Lvl 20. No luck with Thor covers though. I'm always low on Iso-8 at the moment but at least now I have a pretty good idea of where to put that Iso. Once I have a bit of Iso to spare I'll definitely level both Storms a bit, I just really like their board clear/AP generation.

Also, how good is Daken? He only has 2 abilities and both of them are passives which generally would seem kinda weak but passively generating strike tiles might be pretty solid.

Thanks again for the help.
  • Daken isn't bad, but generally held to be inferior to wolverine, so if you have a decent level wolverine, he's probably not worth the ISO to level. That said, I've enjoyed pairing him with Wolverine on occasion, to just generate massive amounts of strike tiles quickly. Daken's aren't as strong, but they are free, and you get 2 once his passive is maxed, just for a green match being made. Eventually though, you run out of red tiles to make strike tiles. So, you gain accelerated strike tile generation in return for some of the tiles being inferior in quality.
  • Some good advice in this thread that I'm considering myself. I especially like to understand why people pair certain characters together. Thor and Wolverine are a bit obvious, as their powers can play off of each other in a very direct way. Other combos may not be though.