New characters coming soon...

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Based on what the comics and MCU (movies and TV) are doing right now, I would wager 1HP on at least 30% from this list to be released within the next six months. What say you?

from Agents of SHIELD
Quake (Daisy Johnson aka Skye)
Black Bolt (or any of the Inhumans)
Mockingbird

from Avengers Age of Ultron
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ultron
maybe 4* Iron Man with his Hulkbuster armor

from the comics which are doing well right now and next year's storyline
Green Goblin
Winter Soldier
Black Cat

I assume that the rework on Loki and Daredevil might be due to Thor: Ragnarok and also the Netflix series so maybe
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

And with Logan dying and a revisit to Age of Apocalypse storyline in 2015 (comics) and 2016 (movies), these are also a possibility
Apocalypse
X23
Blink
Angel/Death
Mister Sinister
Cyclops
Jean Grey (Phoenix or Classic Marvel Girl)

Comments

• I'd expect Ultron and at least one of the other AOU characters to be released when the movie comes out, and the other two probably around the DVD release.

I doubt we're going to see Agents of SHIELD characters. The Netflix shows are harder to say.

They're probably spacing the handful of A-List or close to characters out - some will come out around movies, others may not (I'm wondering if the rest of the FF is being deliberately held back due to Marvel's feud with Fox). I'd guess X-Men characters will continue to dribble out, but there's simply too many of them to get everybody unless the game is still going in 20 years.

Elektra is reportedly next. Personally, I think we need a lot more villains, because the biggest problem with PVE is still the limited opponent selection, so I'd like them to get on doing something (even, solely for the purpose of PVE, reskinning hero characters) to add some variety.
  • I second the call for more villains. Although, if given the choice between more villains or Iron Fist....
  • I wish they would implement the most popular/common chars first before doing the lame flavor of the month movie chars.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I wouldn't mind seeing a 4 star villain
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Another vote for villains here

Looking forward to Kingpin and an actual Bullseye that isn't a charlatan Hawkeye
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the upcoming "robot" character we should be seeing soon, I'm hoping for Vision. But the Sentinels would be ok too.
  • For the upcoming "robot" character we should be seeing soon, I'm hoping for Vision. But the Sentinels would be ok too.

Sentinels would be a sick goon type. Master Mold or Nimrod as a good 4* villain, as well.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on what was posted this is my list:

Black Bolt
    Vision
    Ultron
    Hulkbuster
    Winter Soldier
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey

Most of these will be a ways (years) down the road though. In order I'd say we're getting:

Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Vision
    Ultron
    Hulkbuster
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Black Bolt
  • We're never going to see any more Fantastic Four stuff, though. Not until Marvel stops suffocating that IP (once Fox finally caves).
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Elektra is reportedly next. Personally, I think we need a lot more villains, because the biggest problem with PVE is still the limited opponent selection, so I'd like them to get on doing something (even, solely for the purpose of PVE, reskinning hero characters) to add some variety.

The easiest most logical way to get more PvE variety is to just move the game in a Civil War (or AvX I guess) direction everyone becomes a possible enemy.
  • 4* Squirrel Girl? Anybody? Anybody!?
  • Fievel wrote:
    4* Squirrel Girl? Anybody? Anybody!?

No.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    People keep posting that Electra is supposed to be released soon. Also I keep seeing things about the Hand.

Is this just speculation, or was it posted somewhere from D3? If so, can someone post a link?
  • People keep posting that Electra is supposed to be released soon. Also I keep seeing things about the Hand.

Is this just speculation, or was it posted somewhere from D3? If so, can someone post a link?

The thread got pulled, I think, but it was one of those where someone looked at the system files and found her powers listed. It's the same way we found out about Rocket & Groot and I think Mystique.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    bahukma wrote:
    Fievel wrote:

No.

Agreed. She should be 7*.
  • Fievel wrote:

I think to really be Squirrel Girl, she'd have to be a 1* character who auto-defeats the other team any time you retreat from a match--because most of her best defeats happen off panel.

Of course a) that's too meta and b) it would basically break the game.

Be pretty funny, though.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

The thread got pulled, I think, but it was one of those where someone looked at the system files and found her powers listed. It's the same way we found out about Rocket & Groot and I think Mystique.

Yeah, it was a Turul thread, probably. Turul has a good track record of figuring out what comes next. They knew about R&G well before the event even happened.
  • At what point is D3P going to introduce 5* characters? I could see them going with with a 5* Thanos or Galactus character once the Infinity Gauntlet films are going to be released. Seems like a never ending cycle though. I'm still waiting for a buff to bagman.
  • TropicYeo wrote:
    At what point is D3P going to introduce 5* characters? I could see them going with with a 5* Thanos or Galactus character once the Infinity Gauntlet films are going to be released. Seems like a never ending cycle though. I'm still waiting for a buff to bagman.

I don't see 5* being a thing until 4*s are as common as 3*s are now. Keep in mind a cover would likely cost 5000 for them.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    TropicYeo wrote:
    At what point is D3P going to introduce 5* characters? I could see them going with with a 5* Thanos or Galactus character once the Infinity Gauntlet films are going to be released. Seems like a never ending cycle though. I'm still waiting for a buff to bagman.

I don't see 5* being a thing until 4*s are as common as 3*s are now. Keep in mind a cover would likely cost 5000 for them.

Which will probably never happen, at the rate that they're introducing 3* characters (which is pretty absurd, in my opinion).